Originally posted by BellaBeagle
I just attempted to post a long description of our October 20-30, 2004 CostaAtlantica cruise from Savona with ports of call in Naples, Italy; Messina, Sicily; Alexandria (Cairo); Limassol, Cyprus; Marmaris, Turkey; Santorini, Greece; and Katakalon (Olympia), Greece. Somewhere between writing it and posting it, it appears to have gone missing.

The short version of my post (in case it reappears!) was that we thoroughly enjoyed our cruise. The CostaAtlantica was clean and beautiful and we would love to sail on her again.

We also enjoyed our ports of call immensely. We did participate in the on-board shore excursions (except in Naples where we did Capri on our own and in Santorini where we did Fira on our own) even though we normally would not. Although the excursions were pricey (44 euros to upwards of 100 euros per person), they were well worth it since the ship docks quite a distance from many of the interesting attractions.

If anybody would like more info on the CostaAtlantica in Europe or on these ports of call, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer your questions. Cruise Critic has helped me plan all three of our cruises, so I thought it was about time I started giving back!

By the way, here's a link to our Atlantica pics:

http://community.webshots.com/album/212529291zZZLEz
Boy I really enjoyed looking at your pictures!!! We are going to the eastern carib on Jan 23.