Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Gambee, this is the 3rd time I've read your review recently so it's way past time to thank you for writing it and posting all your great photographs. Thanks so much!

I'll be on Allure in May and it's the first time I will have sailed on Royal Caribbean as we usually only cruise on Celebrity.

I agree that Silhouette is quite different from Allure, but I think you will have a fabulous cruise on her!

Cheers. :)

DSC06061_zps3985d192.jpg

Another Q that I hope you have an A for...though it should be more concrete than my camera question.

Do you by chance have another photo of the menu pictured above which shows the Red wines? They were cut off in this photo.

Thanks! :)

Thank You Very Much!

I learned a lot with this trip and this review, mostly about photography and communication. But what I learned the most is how much I enjoy doing this, it is a lot of work. I really can't imagine how many hours I put into it, but my wild guess is over 100 hrs in the review itself and a lot more in the ship photographing it. But all that time did not go in vain, I enjoyed every second of it. And more than that, I enjoyed sharing it with all of you.

I want to thank all my posters, without you all this review would not had been possible. One needs all those encouraging words to keep going strong until the end. Some of you had some very touching comments and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Many thanks to all of you; (This list is thanks to mom)

beachbuddy, dmwnc1959, Beth C, Newwbeee, nursewurmy, *lovestx, BearBear69, Eng23, Bugsy4271, , LuckiStac13*Majesty*, vickie bernie, MaryAnn&Don, Sunny AZ Girl, raerom, RoamingRetirees, mitsugirly, reallyhooked, BillOh, DMickey28, Lorey 2007, *Just The 3 Of Us, dablondee525, mycruise2000, sailingoawaysoon ,funfamilyof6, kenlorz, suzyluvs2cruise,* Familygoboston, gvlgoflady, beachlovergirl, Chicky2181, swwake, northwoods2, odettemcf, S.A.M.J.R., MrFunInTheSun, smeck, Lioness, GSuitesailing, canadiancruiser13, leenerth, CruisingAg, meapaya, zimmCouple, Pooh8941, balcony4u,Mapleleaf,5, eiou, letscruisingasap, knots4cruising ,sleeplees, BettyPc, sunrise4, ririeck, Ocean 4, ewpsrp, jsinflsunshine, 3some, jonath, rubrrick, BecciBoo, Huddler, CitygirlSF, SenatorsFan, Iluvcruising2, LABCHICK, mp466, Darkwolfe, ATLfuzzy, dms42, micmacmissy, xeriod, dgittino, tiffanieb, VirtualRain, mdhill, BlondieB, BonTexasNY, Gambees BF, coolcat12, mac3835, cheshire cat, beaniebaby, nvcruising, Borocay Soul, Mickeefan, cruisingmama23, Brittasbay, rotting hell, CulinaryEscape, kevingsgirl88, avazah, Mark Debs, gambees_mom, lindasilk, Host Elizanessie, ksg, rvdnsx, Azs Cruising Nana, WannaCruise365, CUSECRUZER, Idytwk, Janntom, seeshore, d4nigirl, Isa65, RCruisingfamily, AkitaJoy,cosmar, kellance13879, Bandit236, jpolm, tiffygirl, jill1349, LouLou921, Jayfo, Dolby1000, bschoon60, clarea, NeuroQueen, Numccoy, macfin, wah20, dreamer976, volunteer cruiser, topanga49er, slh182,*** lemonade-sails, beachnative, coolnrj, MrUg, D300, Woe is me, Alseau, KirkNC, kingsnake57,TLC535, reeree313, workingmom200112, Cupcrazy, TNcruiser829, Sinppu, couple_cruisers, mszmek, mechcc, Hypo,***** wave rider, WhiteSoxFan, bdpatrick, venicia, OttoCal, CP3o, cruisinskier,**************** *********PhilNDobbieAt Sea, *melodyesch, roby2003, Jenjer, Bali505, Dancnlizard, modes, lisa414ny, shorbr, pzerba, Jan_In_Maine, attitudeda, poffles, PIGSKIN, chadbeck, juniosmom, sumo, jd_1976, floatel_lvr, simmy45, debitoo ,want2go2, cb8, jebl, clochette, marciab, Vibe,cruisinmamma, lawyergirl22, luckymike,, Nolsie, KDRCruisers, thtalks,Jacru,vipcruiser, Seapoint, north east girl, Rose-a-rita, jewel825, OncomingStorm, kac31, scottydog123, FMZ, jimbri, mechcc,* Dett,* tvry, leenerth

I also want thank all my non-posting followers, that 100,000 view mark would not had been possible to break without all of you, thank you.

And last but not least, I want to thank the moderators of this forum. Not only for giving me the 5 star rating, but also for the support they provided me during the writing the this review. We had a little bumps along the road :D, lol, but they were always there to help. Make sure you follow the forum guidelines ;). Thank you so much moderators, you were all very kind and understanding.

There will more reviews to come, we are in the process of deciding our next vacation, it will most likely be booked by the first week of december. I will bring this thread back to life, once I start writing my next review to inform my RCCL followers about it. I want to thank Beth C for that great idea :), thank you.

I will continue answer questions, so feel free to ask away.

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did with this review.

Thank you for making this possible :)

The End.

Thank you for the time and effort you have put towards this wonderful review.

WOW, this has been the best review overall. I can't thank you enough, now I am totally prepared for my first time on the Allure come this Sept to celebrate my 35th bday, especially in Mexico!!!!! (shots shots shots)..heheheh.... love love love the photos!!!!!!!!

thanks again Gambee :p

This was just an amazing review! I really want to sail Allure now with my family. Thank you for the many many hours I have spent reading your adventures and continued happy sailings for you and your wonderful mom and even BF when he gets to leave his studies. Your mom is such a blessing and reading about her truly touched my heart,

Barb

Hello Gambee,

I really enjoyed your review!! we are going on Allure in May and cannot wait! You mentioned a Rum that you liked in one of the posts but now I can't find it, I want to look for it when we are there!! Please let me know what Rum that was.

Thanks,

kim

The rum is called Pango, it will be in the market place across from Adrenaline beach, no need to go into the market were it is really bad.

Have a great time on your cruise

What a fantastic review. We were on the same cruise as you - this was our first week of our b2b. This was only our 2nd cruise we were on Oasis two years ago. Your review brought back fantastic memories both for us and our best friends who we were cruising with who are also reading your review as well. Your pictures are also brilliant. I came across your review whilst looking for a review of Jewel of the seas which we are thinking of doing next year to the southern carribbean for 7 days.

For us (from England) it is not the cost of the cruise but the airfare is more than the cost of the cruise itself. We are looking to extend if possible for a couple of days in San Juan. So still looking at all options.

Thanks once again and look forward to your future reviews.

It was a great cruise, wasn't it? We have to do the southern route still, maybe in the future aboard Royal Princess. I am glad that I brought some good memories back. We are very lucky that we have such great options living here in South Florida, I can only imagine paying so much for air fair and such.

GAMBEE enjoy the Silhouette it's a beautiful ship. We went on her Jan 13/2013. I will be watching the web cam today.....Safe travels. Can't wait to read your review of the silhouette.:D

The cruise was great had a lot of fun =)

Enjoy your cruise on the Silhouette Gambee! Hope its a great one!

Thank you =)

Gambee, this is the 3rd time I've read your review recently so it's way past time to thank you for writing it and posting all your great photographs. Thanks so much!

I'll be on Allure in May and it's the first time I will have sailed on Royal Caribbean as we usually only cruise on Celebrity.

I agree that Silhouette is quite different from Allure, but I think you will have a fabulous cruise on her!

Cheers. :)

They were indeed very different, but in a good way, it was a great cruise. Hope you have a great cruise!

Gambee, will you post a link to your Silhouette review here?

Patty

I will post it here in a few hours =)

I am not Gambee, but here is the link. It is already several pages long.

Omg! Omg! Omg! Ahhhhhhh, waiting to board! =) - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Gwen :)

thanks for sharing that link, but the actual review is not yet started. I will in a few hours or so.

Thank you............I must have missed his post.

No post yet, lol.

Another Q that I hope you have an A for...though it should be more concrete than my camera question.

Do you by chance have another photo of the menu pictured above which shows the Red wines? They were cut off in this photo.

Thanks! :)

It wasn't there? I thought I took a picture of it. Ill have to look for it once I get home.

Can you please remind me on later on today, I might forget, just trying to catch up with a lot of threads.

Thank you for the time and effort you have put towards this wonderful review.

No problem, you're welcome.

WOW, this has been the best review overall. I can't thank you enough, now I am totally prepared for my first time on the Allure come this Sept to celebrate my 35th bday, especially in Mexico!!!!! (shots shots shots)..heheheh.... love love love the photos!!!!!!!!

thanks again Gambee :p

You're very welcome, I will be starting my Silhouette review in a few hours and I will have a lot more Mexico pictures there.

This was just an amazing review! I really want to sail Allure now with my family. Thank you for the many many hours I have spent reading your adventures and continued happy sailings for you and your wonderful mom and even BF when he gets to leave his studies. Your mom is such a blessing and reading about her truly touched my heart,

Barb

You're very welcome, glad I could give you some entertainment. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Happy Sailings.

================================================================================================

My Silhouette review is not yet out, I will be starting it in a few hours. Just trying to catch up with a few threads, I will post the link here and in my signature :)

It wasn't there? I thought I took a picture of it. Ill have to look for it once I get home.

Can you please remind me on later on today, I might forget, just trying to catch up with a lot of threads.

================================================================================================

My Silhouette review is not yet out, I will be starting it in a few hours. Just trying to catch up with a few threads, I will post the link here and in my signature :)

I went back and looked at the menu once again, and the red wine page is cut off...the next photo is of cocktails; which is what I am guessing is the next page after the wine.

I think for your X Silhouette review, you really should consider responding more personally with those who comment...you're really lacking here:D Kidding, of course!!!!! Thanks again for all your effort. It is very much appreciated.

I went back and looked at the menu once again, and the red wine page is cut off...the next photo is of cocktails; which is what I am guessing is the next page after the wine.

I think for your X Silhouette review, you really should consider responding more personally with those who comment...you're really lacking here:D Kidding, of course!!!!! Thanks again for all your effort. It is very much appreciated.

Bob can you give the page of where you found that menu? It might help me find it easier on photobucket. I was not very bright and I deleted all of the originals. I might have to go through photobucket and look there. Thank you.

Bob can you give the page of where you found that menu? It might help me find it easier on photobucket. I was not very bright and I deleted all of the originals. I might have to go through photobucket and look there. Thank you.

Sure...it is Post #334 on page 17.

Please, if it is too much of a hassle, do not worry; I'm sure you have better things to worry about (Silhouette Review :)).

I am sorry Bob, that all I have. Unfortunately I did not get all the drink menus on the Allure. That was one of the mistakes I learned and improved upon for my other reviews.

Maybe if you post it as a new thread someone has it. Have you tried middle age drama queen, she might have it. Her reviews are very in depth also.

Wish I could be of more help :/

I just spent the last three days reading your entire review. Oh my gosh!! You are a very talented writer and your pictures are so visually stunning that they look surreal!! You should publish a book with this review. I, for one, would not only buy it, but promote it to others!!:D We are going on the Oasis in September and sailed on the Allure last January. You brought back the most wonderful memories and made me even more excited ( and I did NOT think this possible!) for our upcoming cruise!!

Awesome job!!! Thank you so much!

Tara

My first time on Cruise Critic, and I am looking up posts about the Allure of the Seas. Came upon yours. Wow! Thank you very much for the review and photos.

If you want to know about Celebrity, gambee has one going right now on the Celebrity board.

I just spent the last three days reading your entire review. Oh my gosh!! You are a very talented writer and your pictures are so visually stunning that they look surreal!! You should publish a book with this review. I, for one, would not only buy it, but promote it to others!!:D We are going on the Oasis in September and sailed on the Allure last January. You brought back the most wonderful memories and made me even more excited ( and I did NOT think this possible!) for our upcoming cruise!!

Awesome job!!! Thank you so much!

Tara

Thank you so much for the kind words, I am looking into a way of making this my daily bread and butter.

I am glad I could get you all pumped up for your upcoming cruise :)

I hope you have a wonderful cruise

Great review & fabUlous pics

Thanks you =)

My first time on Cruise Critic, and I am looking up posts about the Allure of the Seas. Came upon yours. Wow! Thank you very much for the review and photos.

It is an honor to have you in my review, I hope you continue to enjoy the wealth of information that cruise critic has to offer.

You're very welcome.

I'm jealous! Being called a "freestyle" coke machine, it should be on NCL but I know they only serve Pepsi. <Sigh>:(

That is one of the big problems that we have with NCL, on our upcoming cruise we are bringing a 12 pack of coke. Mom only drinks coke.

... On a side note, it sounds like u get a lot of migraines. Your headache medicine will actually produce headaches if you take it too often. If my patients have migraines more than 2-3 times a month. I have them keep a diary to see if weather, food, cheese, WINE etc is a trigger. I often start them on a little inderal (blood pressure med) it will help reset the headache clock. I keep them on it for a year and then I see if we can stop it. Usually that takes care of it. I dont know if your provider has tried these, if not it might be worth a discussion.

Becky

My doctor did that for me over 20 years ago and it worked so well I only get one or two migraines a year now. I highly recommend it. Nothing else worked so well.