National Express coach (bus) stops nonstop Heathrow T5 to Southampton in 2019?

dfwguy

Last two crossings we took National Express nonstop from Heathrow T5 to Southampton coach station. Btw- we loved it. Looking at their 2019 timetable- it appears all coaches (bus) from Heathrow require a change of bus at Victoria coach station. Does this sound right? The Heathrow-southampton route is very popular. Can anyone else confirm this? I hate to change bus to bus with the luggage .

I suspect their 2019 timetables are incomplete... I have often used this service and it's usually packed so can't imagine they would discontinue it. The Winchester stop alone is popular, too. Going via Victoria is a huge time waster owing to traffic and journey time along let alone the nuisance of luggage etc.

I see what you mean.

I have just checked their website and it's not just Terminal 5.

This is a pity, since up to now, it has been the best way from LHR to ships in Southampton, in terms of both journey time and value for money.

Unlike Gatwick Airport (hint for future trips...), there are no direct rail services from/to Heathrow, which can be a pain when pulling baggage.

So, other than a taxi-type rental, that just leaves the cruise lines' own transfer buses, which can be a hefty price, compared with the bus, with a lot of hurry-up-and-wait.

As suggested, given the success of the route, it is difficult to reason why NE would do this.

By the way, it's the same issue going the other way, so it's not as if the service is a 'merry-go-round' routing. There are one or two daily direct NE buses but they are not times that would suit cruise ship passenger's typical timings.

• 2 weeks later...

Good News !

National Express has updated 2019 schedule and Heathrow T5 direct to Southampton is back on.

I presume other Heathrow terminals will also have direct service to Southampton.

• 1 month later...

I booked a trip from Heathrow T2 to Southampton last week for January 2019. Direct trip as usual with the regular stops at Winchester. Duration from T2 2 hours 15 minutes. Have also booked West Quay cars to collect from coach station as it is the start of the world cruise and it will be busy.