Soda and More Package

lauram952

Hi Everyone,

I'm cruising on the Sapphire on the 19th December for 11 nights.

I was looking into the Soda and More Drinks Package for the duration of our cruise....I wondered if this includes water/bottled water also? Or if I'd need to purchase the water package also.

Many thanks for your help, this is our first time on Princess and to Asia...any other tips would also me much appreciated :)

I don't think I've ever seen Princess dispense bottled water on board. The water on the ship is probably produced on board from seawater and is as good as or better than bottled water.

I agree that the package is a great deal. If you drink more than 3 sodas a day it makes sense to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I drank ship water and bought bottles as needed. We also bought some in Puerto Vallarta and in the process went to a Mexican grocery which was fun. We don't get out much, lol.

We always buy the soda package and our MDR waiters always had my husband's soda for him.

No bottled water nor specialty coffees on the S&m pkg. (I think Celebrity is the only line that includes bottled water) I usually purchase a 6-12 pack of water bottles ahead of time for port days. I drink the ship water on board. I slap a luggage tag on it and it's sent to the cabin with my luggage. But you can also buy it if you prefer. My mom will only drink bottled water.

Now the Nohito was one of my favorite drink on that package along with one that I can't recall the name...sunrise something I think- plus almost any drink could be made virgin style

Sent from my SM-G903W using Forums mobile app

No water package available but the water on board is just as good or better than bottled water. The soda and more package is an excellent value.
I agree. If you look at the source of most bottled water, it comes from reservoirs, not fresh mountain streams. The ship's water is actually purer than reservoir bottled water.

Welcome to Princess and Cruise Critic!

The Soda & More does NOT include bottled water.

However, Princess has a great deal on bottled water. You can purchase it AHEAD of your cruise (MUST be purchased ahead) in your Personalizer for $6.90 for 12 (500 ml) bottles. At least that is true on the cruises I have been on recently.....I don't know about Asia? :confused:

You can also bring onboard as many non-alcoholic beverages as you would like.

The Soda & More package includes fountain sodas, mocktails and hot chocolate. For me, it's a great deal as I love my Diet Coke! YMMV. :cool:

No water package available but the water on board is just as good or better than bottled water. The soda and more package is an excellent value.

I'm confused. Why no water package? Princess definitely does offer a bottled water package. It has restrictions but the only note about availability doesn't mention Sapphire Princess

Stay hydrated and refreshed throughout your cruise with 12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to your stateroom. Price includes service charge.

For pre-cruise purchase ONLY through Gift Guide or Cruise Personalizer. Package is not currently offered on Sea and Sun Princess or Diamond, Emerald or Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.Item #0526$6.90

for 12 (500 ml) bottles

Bottled water is included in the All Inclusive Beverage Package (AIBP). You have to get it at a bar, room service is excluded from the AIBP.

Thank you, had a little panic then :D.

In addition to "regular" bottled water don't forget you can get Pellegrino with the AIBP. Not convenient for taking ashore but, if you like bottled water, you might want to give it a try.

The drinking water on the ship is significantly "more pure" than the tap water one gets at home. I recently saw an "Ask Marilyn" column where people ask Marilyn vos Savant questions. In this case someone had previously asked about bottled water going bad. The letter she shared had this to say in response:

================

I was formerly director of EPA’s drinking water standards division, and I’m writing to add to your answer to the question on bottled water expiration dates. (July 9, 2017) Bottled waters are usually fairly good quality, but they are not sterile, so they spontaneously grow bacteria while in the bottle on the shelf. The taste could well be related to the bacteria. The bacterial populations cycle and wax and wane over time. The FDA guidance for bacteria in bottled water is <10,000 heterotrophs per millilter (i.e., 10 million per liter). That allows them to be shipped long distances and sit on the shelf for considerable times. Disinfected drinking water at the tap probably has fewer than 10 per milliliter. The heterotrophs are usually not pathogens, but they don’t improve the quality. Most people do not realize that their tap water is often purer than the bottled water they pay for at about 1000 times the price. The taste difference is primarily that the tap water might have some chlorine in it to protect it. That is easily removed by a cheap carbon tap filter. No need to spend a lot of money.

Joseph Cotruvo in Washington, D.C.

In addition to "regular" bottled water don't forget you can get Pellegrino with the AIBP. Not convenient for taking ashore but, if you like bottled water, you might want to give it a try.

The drinking water on the ship is significantly "more pure" than the tap water one gets at home. I recently saw an "Ask Marilyn" column where people ask Marilyn vos Savant questions. In this case someone had previously asked about bottled water going bad. The letter she shared had this to say in response:

================

I was formerly director of EPA’s drinking water standards division, and I’m writing to add to your answer to the question on bottled water expiration dates. (July 9, 2017) Bottled waters are usually fairly good quality, but they are not sterile, so they spontaneously grow bacteria while in the bottle on the shelf. The taste could well be related to the bacteria. The bacterial populations cycle and wax and wane over time. The FDA guidance for bacteria in bottled water is <10,000 heterotrophs per millilter (i.e., 10 million per liter). That allows them to be shipped long distances and sit on the shelf for considerable times. Disinfected drinking water at the tap probably has fewer than 10 per milliliter. The heterotrophs are usually not pathogens, but they don’t improve the quality. Most people do not realize that their tap water is often purer than the bottled water they pay for at about 1000 times the price. The taste difference is primarily that the tap water might have some chlorine in it to protect it. That is easily removed by a cheap carbon tap filter. No need to spend a lot of money.

Joseph Cotruvo in Washington, D.C.

Thanks for the added information regarding Pellegrino. We drink the ship's water whilst onboard, but we like bottled water to take with us at port stops.

Going on the Sapphire.

Is the milk shakes included on the Soda and More?

On our recent Scandinavian Crown(aug26th) cruise I happened to be getting an ice cream and I heard the staff member tell a women that this was the first cruise they were no longer offering shakes with that package. I also asked him myself and he said what I over heard was correct.

On our recent Scandinavian Crown(aug26th) cruise I happened to be getting an ice cream and I heard the staff member tell a women that this was the first cruise they were no longer offering shakes with that package. I also asked him myself and he said what I over heard was correct.

Thanks, it is nice to know before my cruise.

Same experience in Alaska on the Emerald last month.

Hi Everyone,

I'm cruising on the Sapphire on the 19th December for 11 nights.

I was looking into the Soda and More Drinks Package for the duration of our cruise....I wondered if this includes water/bottled water also? Or if I'd need to purchase the water package also.

Many thanks for your help, this is our first time on Princess and to Asia...any other tips would also me much appreciated :)

No it does not.

• 1 month later...