QM2 westbound Crossing -must do's?

KatieG73

Just ordered my copy from Amazon. Apparently it was the last one in stock. Suspect all the others have gone to readers of this thread :D

LOL! You're probably right! I ordered yesterday and it shipped out that same day. Crossing fingers it arrives by Tuesday. I didn't pay for extra shipping, deciding to risk it!

It is all mentioned, it is all written- but don´t forget - simply doing " nothing and nothing at all" can be heaven. Let your soul drift look out to the sea and enjoy...! One thing though, once you have crossed the pond on board the one and only true ocean liner- you are spoiled for any other ship that is doing so and will be most probably disappointed!

Bring along a copy of John Maxtone-Graham's "The Only Way to Cross" (the copy in the library will probably be gone by the time you get there), find a nice proper deck chair and unless it's pouring with rain, sit outside and savour the subtle pleasures of a good book, the damp salt air of the North Atlantic and the most sublime of all destinations: mid Atlantic on an ocean liner.

Your post has caused the level of excitement I feel for my upcoming back-to-backs in August to go up a notch. Several notches, actually. I need deck chair therapy NOW!

Great tip! Picking up a copy off Amazon for our November crossing. Thanks!

Just ordered a used hard back copy for a fiver from Amazon. Ready for our back to back trip next Easter.:D

I am getting my copy off of eBay. It will be arriving next week. My back to back - NYC - Southampton- NYC sails on Easter Sunday. M909A. I am looking forward to the book, read it now or save it? I am trying not to start packing my bags as yet. Antsy.

Hi Katie

We'll be on that sailing and we will have our 17 year old with us too - he is so worried he will be the only teen on the ship so happy to hear he won't be! Read all the great tips - lots more to do that we thought!