Shareholder benefit continues unchanged

Host Walt

Earlier today I posted a link to the updated Shareholder Benefit Request Form.

They'll accept forms with expired dates but the version I posted is the current one.

I missed that! Thanks! I got it now!! ;)

From the shareholder request form.....

Statement should be dated no more than 3 months/90 days prior to the cruise.

C/O Princess Cruise Booking Support Department

24305 Town Center Drive Suite 200

Santa Clarita, California 91355

USA

FAX 661-753-0180

Just to add to this information:

If you FAX in your request you can wait a short while then call 800 872 6779 ext. 3031

This is the number and extension where you can verify that your FAX was received. They will ask what telephone number (or area code) the FAX was sent from and then look it up and apply the credit right then while you are on the phone. Be sure to just put in the extension when asked in the very beginning of the recording as that will take you directly to the proper people.

Note: If you use one of the Internet FAX services (several free ones - just Google for the info) then be sure to tell the person on the phone that is what you did. That way they don't hassle about a phone number. I used one this time (no longer able to FAX from work as I no longer work - YES!!!) and when I told the person on the phone she found my FAX right away and applied the OBC.

If you FAX in your request you can wait a short while then call 800 872 6779 ext. 3031

This is the number and extension where you can verify that your FAX was received. They will ask what telephone number (or area code) the FAX was sent from and then look it up and apply the credit right then while you are on the phone. Be sure to just put in the extension when asked in the very beginning of the recording as that will take you directly to the proper people.

Note: If you use one of the Internet FAX services (several free ones - just Google for the info) then be sure to tell the person on the phone that is what you did. That way they don't hassle about a phone number. I used one this time (no longer able to FAX from work as I no longer work - YES!!!) and when I told the person on the phone she found my FAX right away and applied the OBC.

Thanks! (y)

I decided to test this out and it's true!! Used to have to wait until final payment to apply for the shareholder OBC, but last week I sent in my requests for a cruise in Nov. 2017 and May 2018. Within 3 days the OBC for both of them was in my Personalizer! Hope this policy continues. :D

I've had mine rejected in the past but I'll give it a try & see how it works out today. It's one less thing I have to keep myself reminded of. ;)

I was just filling out my shareholder form for my October cruise and noticed that it said that the benefit could not be used for gratuities. I know that some of my shareholder benefit has been used to pay for gratuities in the past. Is this a new policy?

I was just filling out my shareholder form for my October cruise and noticed that it said that the benefit could not be used for gratuities. I know that some of my shareholder benefit has been used to pay for gratuities in the past. Is this a new policy?

It's a simple credit to our onboard account from which any debits are paid including gratuities.

When I called and entered that extension, it disconnected my call...??

You left off the last number of the extension: 30317

GAH! Sorry about that. Stupid mistake that could cause a lot of frustration. Many thanks for catching that and giving the corrected information.

Thank you Carnival Corp. We bought around $11, and have probably gotten back our original cost in OCB's over 27 cruises. A great benefit!!

I was a bit slower and paid $18/share. The return on my investment has been nothing short of fantastic. I just wish my other investments had the same return and I have collected many times on the OBC both on Princess and CCL cruises making the investment return even better. I love it that it applies to all 9 of Carnival Corp cruise lines. We will have received 5 OBC for this year alone. Cruise on my fellow cruisers.

GAH! Sorry about that. Stupid mistake that could cause a lot of frustration. Many thanks for catching that and giving the corrected information.

Happy to help as all of us share useful information with each other like you posted.

I've had to recently call them for 2 cruises to have it placed in my wife's credit account. We jointly own the CCL shares & requested it in her name but unfortunately they automatically issue it to the first name on the booking...me. I receive the same amount in military credit so we want equal amounts in case we use credits to pay to book tours before sailing.

I've read posts that by calling Princess to book tours they can share our credits but prefer to have equal amounts to be able to reserve tours using the Cruise Personalizer.

Agree! If you got any kind of discount when you booked, they won't allow the stock holder benefit with RCL.

Carnival was around $29 when I bought it and it's well above that now! And the obc is great!

The dividend every quarter is just the icing on the cake!

I am a RCCL stockholder and the same discount currently is in place with them. You can go to the investor relations site to get the for,.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

CCL was at $37.05 when we bought. I just checked and it's currently at $68.03. Pretty nice increase and, as others have noted, the dividends are a better return than anything else I have. CD interest rates certainly can't compare.

• 2 weeks later...
From the shareholder request form.....

Statement should be dated no more than 3 months/90 days prior to the cruise.

C/O Princess Cruise Booking Support Department

24305 Town Center Drive Suite 200

Santa Clarita, California 91355

USA

FAX 661-753-0180

Just a quick note, the requirement for the 90 days has been removed from the current Shareholder request form. It does require a current brokerage statement but there is no longer a time limit imposed other than what is outlined here http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

• 1 month later...
Just a quick note, the requirement for the 90 days has been removed from the current Shareholder request form. It does require a current brokerage statement but there is no longer a time limit imposed other than what is outlined here http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

The 90 day limit doesn't show in this document but it does still appear on the request form.

I thought I'd try early and sent my request on 8th October. No reply by today so I phoned them and was told the 90 days still applies then I received a reply to my email which included this statement.

Thank you for forwarding your, brokerage statement. Unfortunately at this time it is too early to be applying the benefits to the booking. Please note a current brokerage statement should be no older than 3 months old from the day of sailing. As your cruise is not sailing until the 25th January 2018 we would require a new shareholder statement which is dated on or after the 25th October 2017.

My next statement will be issued on 1st January 2018 so it will be cutting it fine for a 25th January sailing when it takes 11 days to get a response to my application.

The 90 day limit doesn't show in this document but it does still appear on the request form.

I thought I'd try early and sent my request on 8th October. No reply by today so I phoned them and was told the 90 days still applies then I received a reply to my email which included this statement.

Which form are you using? The 2017 form has no mention of the 90 days to reflect the alteration made on the Carnival shareholders page. The 2016 form and those previous had the requirement. Try again with the current form, like a lot of things if you call again you will likely get a different answer......

I have attached the 2016 and 2017 forms to this post for you if you haven't got the current version.

ShareholderRequestForm_05_2017[26220].pdf

Princess_Shareholder_Request_Form_2016.pdf

Which form are you using? The 2017 form has no mention of the 90 days to reflect the alteration made on the Carnival shareholders page

Thanks for that information and the links. In Australia we don't fax the form or proof we just email the details and an electronic copy of the proof to defencebenefits@princess.com.au.

I know it's not a Defence Benefit but that is the email address they say to use. I guess the same people handle both.

My next statement will be issued on 1st January 2018 so it will be cutting it fine for a 25th January sailing when it takes 11 days to get a response to my application.

Why does it take 11 days? My credit showed up on the Cruise Personalizer the day after I faxed in my request this week.

Thank you for forwarding your, brokerage statement. Unfortunately at this time it is too early to be applying the benefits to the booking. Please note a current brokerage statement should be no older than 3 months old from the day of sailing. As your cruise is not sailing until the 25th January 2018 we would require a new shareholder statement which is dated on or after the 25th October 2017.

Wow, could they make it that much harder for Aussies? That's ridiculous!

I'm in the U.S., but used FaxZero to send my form, etc., in a few weeks ago for a March 30, 2018 sailing. It was sent in over a weekend, but my OBC was posted to my account by noon on Monday.

Seems they are creating an unnecessary hassle for you. Good luck.

I would tactfully write back and explain to them that there are no time requirements on the official shareholder benefit instruction sheet from CarnivalCorp.com.

This is a nice change and is reflected in posts on HAL and Princess that submittals made to the US address are posted very quickly regardless of sail date.