Follow Bill & Mary Ann on The Tales of the South Pacific - 47days - Fall 2015

WCB

Report # 1 Getting Ready to Travel Again September 29, 2015 Tuesday Balmy 85 degrees

Well, all good things eventually come to an end……….the end of summer, for us, a very busy time of year, but also quite agreeable weather-wise. It has been a record-setting season with high temperatures, but also many devastating forest fires, for the most part, all put out now. Autumn is beginning very warm as well, but we all wish for cooler days with the prospects of rain. Almost forget what it feels like to have rain.

Anyway, minimal packing has been accomplished….not a favorite chore for either of us. This upcoming trip will be 47 days, taking in the Hawaiian Islands (hurricane-free, we hope), Kiribati, Samoa, Fiji, Tonga, Niue, Cook Islands, and finally, French Polynesia. Doesn’t get much better than that for the palm-tree and beach lovers among us. If all goes well, we will be joining Holland America’s Amsterdam in San Francisco on Wednesday, and flying back from San Diego in mid- November. A few years ago, the powers-to-be decided to skip the port of San Francisco, due to poor weather on the way from Seattle. At the last minute, we found that we were flying to San Diego to board. Expect the unexpected, we always say. Part of the decision to take this trip was the ease of boarding the ship without a flight. That, and the promise of the palm trees and beaches, of course. And we had really been looking forward to leaving from the new terminal in the city, but for some reason, we are leaving from the old, dingy cruise terminal. Will try to figure this mystery out once onboard.

Can you believe we ran into Christmas decorations, full-size trees and ornaments, in one of the major stores in our local mall while out for lunch today? Way too early for that. At least with this 47 day cruise, the Tales of the South Pacific, we can stretch summer a bit longer. Nice to leave the chores behind, even if it is for a few weeks.

Hope you can join us once again for another adventure in paradise.

Bill & Mary Ann

We have done that cruise and loved it!

For some reason now our terminal the new one is only used now on rare occasion when 2 ships come in port.

So looking forward to your blog. Enjoy this wonderful cruise!

Weather will be perfect for you here in San Diego on Wednesday!

Since we live here at the beach we have had a warm perfect summer!

Nice fall weather now!

Denise:)

YAY! Another Bill & MaryAnn adventure! I loved reading your account of this year's world cruise so I'm sure this report will be just as thrilling! :D

P.S. Stores pushing Xmas earlier and earlier is truly getting ridiculous! I was just in London and Harrods already has a whole array of Xmas foodstuffs. I was happy to be able to get my Xmas pudding at least but really, I think after Halloween at the EARLIEST for Xmas stuff...preferably waiting until mid to late November!

Wow, what a nice send-off! Thanks to all for the best wishes.

Yes, we do know the Clayton Club. Been there a few times.

Allan and Sandra......see you next year on the world cruise!

Just about out the door.........

Bill & Mary Ann