Transfer from MCO area hotel to Port Canaveral

odot12

Late flight into MCO the night before our cruise so we are staying at the Holiday Inn by MCO. Looking at one way shuttle to cruise port the next morning, as we are renting a car after we get back.

Trying to decide between goportcanaveral.com($14.95pp) and shuttletoportcanaveral.com($14 pp) as my options. I did a search and found several mentions of both services, but nothing too recent in regards to reviews. Anybody used either service recently that could give me some feedback? I've seen Cortrans reviewed positively by quite a few at $20pp, but thought I'd ask about the other 2 since they are a little cheaper. Thanks in advance!

Late flight into MCO the night before our cruise so we are staying at the Holiday Inn by MCO. Looking at one way shuttle to cruise port the next morning, as we are renting a car after we get back.

Trying to decide between goportcanaveral.com($14.95pp) and shuttletoportcanaveral.com($14 pp) as my options. I did a search and found several mentions of both services, but nothing too recent in regards to reviews. Anybody used either service recently that could give me some feedback? I've seen Cortrans reviewed positively by quite a few at $20pp, but thought I'd ask about the other 2 since they are a little cheaper. Thanks in advance!

We just used cortrans in December. We had a party of 6 and they gave a group discount. I recommend them highly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Cocoa Beach shuttle will pick up at some MCO hotels - or use the hotel shuttle to get back to the airport where everyone picks up, We prefer to rent a car pre-cruise -allowing us the flexibility to shop and leave when we want; all of the PC/Cocoa Beach car rental agencies offer free shuttle service to the port.

For what it's worth:

the goportcanaveral transfer bus has been in business for several years now and the reviews are generally good given the very low rate.

shuttletoportcanaveral is a service by another established transport company - AA Access Transport. This company also have mostly good reviews. I was not aware they offer a $14 option so thank you! The shuttletoportcanaveral website is confusing because under "SERVICES" the rate is shown as $25 each way. I assume the $14 rate (shown on the booking page) is either new or an introductory rate for a service to compete with goportcanaveral.

The most common complaint with these kind of really cheap shuttles are wait times and number of stops for pickups. It is understandable that the buses try to run run with as many passengers as they can in order to turn a profit.

IMHO if you are OK with a possible longer wait than with the smaller shuttles (Cortrans, Cocoa Beach Shuttle, etc.) then you will be fine on either bus! But I have not used either myself!

Thanks. Our flight doesn't leave until 8:40pm after the cruise, so I reserved a car through National for $45 including taxes and CDW coverage so we can get into something instead of just hanging out at the airport all day. I agree it would be a waste pre-cruise since we don't get in until almost 10:30pm that night before and won't have much time for anything else.

I think I may just use goportcanaveral.com and catch the hotel shuttle back over to the airport that morning. Thanks for the input from everyone who replied.

We did the renting a car idea and it was a pain in the neck. Took too much time and cost was too high. Last 2 cruises we went on, out of Port Canaveral, we used TropicanaTransport.com and we were happy with them both times. They picked us up at our hotel and took us directly to our cruise ship terminal, then after the cruise to the Orlando airport. Our friends we met at the hotel that was going on the same cruise, used a shuttle company that started with A or AA , I don't remember the full name, but they didn't like it at all.

The first time we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express near the airport and the second time at the Country Inn near the airport, and the third time at Comfort Suites near the airport, all three hotels were very nice and affordable.

We flew in on SW all three times.

I already did the research you are doing. We are a party of 5, and we chose Cortans for all the obvious reasons: the reviews are much more favourable. For an extra $5 per person ($25 for the 5 of us), it was worth our piece of mind.

I haven't travelled yet so I can't tell you how my experience was. What I can say is that their communication so far has been excellent. I have a high degree of confidence in them.

Note, they don't stop at every hotel. Make sure yours is on the list.

I would not recommend goportcanaveral.com. They dropped my luggage, including my carry on that didn’t have a tag, at the wrong ship. Carnival was able to retrieve my checked luggage that had a Carnival tag, but my carry on was loaded onto another ship and I had to wait until the end of the cruise to claim it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums