Happy hour on golden princess

1Dot

IN APRIL WE ARE TRAVELLING ON THE GOLDEN PRINCESS FROM SINGAPORE TO TOKYO. DO THEY HAVE HAPPY HOURS ON THIS SHIP? WE HAVE NOT DECIDED WHETHER TO BUY A DRINKS PACKAGE OR NOT. WE ARE ALLOWED TO TAKE ON ONE BOTTLE OF WINE EACH, WHAT ABOUT CANS OF BEER AND SOFT DRINKS? ARE THEY STRICT ON HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE ON INITIALLY?:halo:

IN APRIL WE ARE TRAVELLING ON THE GOLDEN PRINCESS FROM SINGAPORE TO TOKYO. DO THEY HAVE HAPPY HOURS ON THIS SHIP? WE HAVE NOT DECIDED WHETHER TO BUY A DRINKS PACKAGE OR NOT. WE ARE ALLOWED TO TAKE ON ONE BOTTLE OF WINE EACH, WHAT ABOUT CANS OF BEER AND SOFT DRINKS? ARE THEY STRICT ON HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE ON INITIALLY?:halo:

Doesnt look like there will be anymore Happy Hours on princess ships unfortunately , you can take soft drink on but not beer you can take extra bottles of wine and pay $15.00 corkage per bottle

I think it is pretty miserable of Princess not to offer some small incentive, because we have found, like on Holland American, when Happy Hours are offered it automatically starts a regular meeting place for people to congregate with something in common. Princess appear to be like some other shipping lines these days who seem to go out of their way to markup alcohol so much it is almost unafforadable. $53 for an $8.50 Australian wine is rediculouise. Is the $15 corkage AU$ or US$?

I think it is pretty miserable of Princess not to offer some small incentive, because we have found, like on Holland American, when Happy Hours are offered it automatically starts a regular meeting place for people to congregate with something in common. Princess appear to be like some other shipping lines these days who seem to go out of their way to markup alcohol so much it is almost unafforadable. $53 for an $8.50 Australian wine is rediculouise. Is the $15 corkage AU$ or US$?

USD as far as I know.

Is the $15 corkage AU$ or US$?

On Princess ships based in Australia such as the Golden Princess, the corkage is in Australian dollars.

We were on the Golden Princess from the 24th Feb to 10th March and there were not any Happy Hours.

Leigh

Those happy hours were a big deal to us when we went on our last cruise and we took part in that every day. We still spend lots of money on wine and booze. I think it's likely this will increase smuggling since the booze purchase selection is not adequate. I can't see buying the drink package. I guess I don't want to be drunk all day on vacation. What fun is that???

We are keeping our options open at this stage,not having to decide until we board, however another option is to purchase some wine in Singapore, where the prices are reasonable and pay the corkage.

Are those here who are referring to “Happy Hour” actually talking about the “Buy 1 get 1 for $1” daily special?

That was still offered on the Royal in December twice per day. Usually 5-6 pm and again from 10-11pm as I recall.

Are those here who are referring to “Happy Hour” actually talking about the “Buy 1 get 1 for $1” daily special?

That was still offered on the Royal in December twice per day. Usually 5-6 pm and again from 10-11pm as I recall.

It is gone now. Being eliminated on all Princess ships.

• 2 weeks later...
We are keeping our options open at this stage,not having to decide until we board, however another option is to purchase some wine in Singapore, where the prices are reasonable and pay the corkage.

Hi Dot.

Where in Singapore are wine prices reasonable? I'll bookmark it for my next visit.

Do you have this confirmed by some authority on Princess?

It’s being reported by numerous people who have been recently on different ships throughout Princess and it is gone on every ship. We did a b2b on the Royal February 18 to March 10. The February 18 cruise had it but the February 28 sailing it was gone.

Do you have this confirmed by some authority on Princess?

I have direct emails from Customer Relations and a call from Jan Swartz's rep telling me the Food & Beverage department eliminated it. It's official. They "may" replace it with something else in the future, but no details were known or given.

I have direct emails from Customer Relations and a call from Jan Swartz's rep telling me the Food & Beverage department eliminated it. It's official. They "may" replace it with something else in the future, but no details were known or given.

Thank you. How silly of them to remove one venue that gets people together.

Wherever have you seen reasonably priced wine in Singapore

Cheers Carole

On a lighter note "happy hour = the first hour on board on the first day, when you realise you are cruising again"

Yes they do seam to be cutting out a lot of the little things.. ( what about the share holders, who is looking after them )

So every penny saved is good? As long as it doesn't go P&O everything is extra

Cheers Don

Cold Storage on Orchard Road has Chilean white wine for about 20 Singapore dollars. We found it quite good! Not sure about red but guess it would be similar

Probably equivalent to a Dan Murphy Cleanskin from SE Australia at AU$4. Not bad either but that's what I call cheap.

Probably equivalent to a Dan Murphy Cleanskin from SE Australia at AU$4. Not bad either but that's what I call cheap.

$4 a bottle wine from Dans is not bad at all,they all taste the same yo me after one glass

Cheers Carole

We were on the Golden Melbourne to Singapore NO HAPPY HOURS, they do the Cocktail of the Day in the Patter but didnt see it on a discount. We had the Ultimate Drinks package BUT it didnt include cans of Soda so I eneded up with a $9 aud bill at the end lol