Spencer Ambrose Land, Sea, Beach or Soufriere by Spanish Galleon?

cruiser123!

Hi!

I'm having a hard time picking between 2 excursions. My family of 4 (me, hubby, kids 13 & 14) aren't snorkelers, but both of these sound really good. Price point is $4 difference, so that doesn't matter either.

I'm not sure how much the kids would enjoy mud baths, but we were also on a volcano tour earlier this year in HI. Thoughts and experiences? thanks!

http://spencerambrose.com/island-tours/spencers-land-and-sea-adventure1/

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=SLI0&DestinationCode=

Hi!

I'm having a hard time picking between 2 excursions. My family of 4 (me, hubby, kids 13 & 14) aren't snorkelers, but both of these sound really good. Price point is $4 difference, so that doesn't matter either.

I'm not sure how much the kids would enjoy mud baths, but we were also on a volcano tour earlier this year in HI. Thoughts and experiences? thanks!

http://spencerambrose.com/island-tours/spencers-land-and-sea-adventure1/

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=SLI0&DestinationCode=

You'll see and experience a lot more with the Spencer tour. Waterfall and swim, volcano and mud baths (very different from volcanoes in Hawaii - it's geothermal vs lava), great local cuisine, speed boat, etc...more activities and movement along the way, which may be great with the teens.

Either would be great though..

We've been to St. Lucia, twice, fairly recently (May 2013 and again in September 2015) and have booked with Spencer Ambrose twice and have not been disappointed. We booked the "Jalousie/Sugar Beach Break" tour the first time and the "Land, Sea and Beach Adventure" on our second visit to see more of St. Lucia. We really enjoyed both tours and to date, Spencer's tours have been our favorites and I definitely recommend them. Even if you don't snorkel, Jalousie beach is just gorgeous to take in the scenery. That's the beach between St. Lucia's famed Pitons. On Spencer's tours, you also get a "sea tour" on the trip from Jalousie/Sugar Beach on your return trip to the ship.

We've done both cruise line sponsored and also private local tours while on cruises and have noticed a big difference between the two. We've gotten so much more out of/had more fun on private/local tours than to those sponsored through the cruise line. The reason may be that local tours usually have smaller groups, so there's a personal feel to the experience.

I did reviews of some of our cruises, including the one where we did Spencer Ambrose's "Land, Sea, and Beach Adventure", that includes details and pictures if you're interested. I'm attaching the link to hopefully open on Page 20 (where the section on Spencer's tour starts). If not, it's Page 20, post #399. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2275573&page=20

We've been to St. Lucia, twice, fairly recently (May 2013 and again in September 2015) and have booked with Spencer Ambrose twice and have not been disappointed. We booked the "Jalousie/Sugar Beach Break" tour the first time and the "Land, Sea and Beach Adventure" on our second visit to see more of St. Lucia. We really enjoyed both tours and to date, Spencer's tours have been our favorites and I definitely recommend them. Even if you don't snorkel, Jalousie beach is just gorgeous to take in the scenery. That's the beach between St. Lucia's famed Pitons. On Spencer's tours, you also get a "sea tour" on the trip from Jalousie/Sugar Beach on your return trip to the ship.

We've done both cruise line sponsored and also private local tours while on cruises and have noticed a big difference between the two. We've gotten so much more out of/had more fun on private/local tours than to those sponsored through the cruise line. The reason may be that local tours usually have smaller groups, so there's a personal feel to the experience.

I did reviews of some of our cruises, including the one where we did Spencer Ambrose's "Land, Sea, and Beach Adventure", that includes details and pictures if you're interested. I'm attaching the link to hopefully open on Page 20 (where the section on Spencer's tour starts). If not, it's Page 20, post #399. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2275573&page=20

Thank you :D

pghsteelerfan, your review was amazing!! I just contacted Spencer's to book based on it :). Any recommendations for Barbados or Antigua?

We've never been to Antigua, so I can't help you there. That is one of the islands I'd love to get to since I've heard it's beautiful.

Barbados is popular for it's beautiful beaches and swimming with turtles. There are a few private tour groups that are rated very highly on their catamaran tours in which they stop for turtle swims and at the shipwrecks for snorkeling. Many people also enjoy spending the day at one of the locations along Carlisle Bay (Boatyard, Harbor Lights, etc.) where you can rent loungers and easily get a boat ride out to swim with turtles and snorkel at a shipwreck from local vendors for a great price. Carlisle Bay is about a 5 - 10 minute cab ride from port, so it's very close and convenient and it really gets great ratings from other cruisers.

Barbados also has a beautiful, rugged east coast which is very scenic, particularly Bathsheba. If you enjoy exploring caves, Harrison's Caves would also be good but we haven't done that. On our first visit in 1992, we did a Booze Cruise, so we didn't really see much of Barbados since we were on a party boat most of our time there. Those are still offered and we enjoyed it, but it's one of those "been there, done that". In 2013, we spent the day at the Barbados Hilton and enjoyed it, but there are much better options if you like a beach you can swim at. On our last visit while on our Liberty cruise in September 2015, we did a private tour to see more of the island. In the morning, we spent a few hours at Payne's Bay Beach, which is just gorgeous. Included in the price of our tour was a turtle swim and snorkeling at a shipwreck. Long story, but we ended up spending all of our time doing that so we never got to enjoy the beach itself. I did get several pictures in the 10 minutes we had left before we were picked up for the rest of our tour. The second half of our tour was to Barbados' east coast to Bathsheba. We had several stops along the way (church, a beautiful marina, a scenic overlook, two different stops in Bathsheba, another scenic overlook, then before heading back to the ship, we got to see some hi-lights right in Bridgetown). We were back in plenty of time and had about 2 hours before our ship left.

But if you go to the Barbados section under the "Ports of Call", you'll find a lot more information and recommendations than I provided here. If you're interested in seeing what we did, I'll attach the link to my review to open up on Page 15 where my section on Barbados and our private tour start. Next time we get to Barbados, I'm thinking a beach day at Payne's Bay beach...it was just gorgeous and I'd love to spend the day there. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2275573&page=15

So glad you were able to book with Spencer Ambrose. You will not be disappointed. I hope you enjoy St. Lucia as much as we did...it is just beautiful and one of our favorite islands to date. :)

I'm trying to book the land sea and beach excursion with spencer ambrose ,however the website keeps directing me to pay pal. I do not have pay pal. It states on the Web page it's not required but there is no other option when you click " book". Anyone know how to use a credit card for booking?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

I'm trying to book the land sea and beach excursion with spencer ambrose ,however the website keeps directing me to pay pal. I do not have pay pal. It states on the Web page it's not required but there is no other option when you click " book". Anyone know how to use a credit card for booking?

You may have to call or email him in order to do so. Or, just sign up for a PayPal account - they're quite handy for all sorts of transactions.. And you can pay via your CC through PayPal.

Good luck.

it says on his webpage that you can't use credit cards. Only cash and paypal.

Do you require a deposit?

Yes, a $10.00 deposit/person paid through PayPal is required to reserve your space on one of my tours.

I would like to pay with my credit card but do not see a space for that on PayPal.

I am sorry but for security reasons, PayPal will only accept payments through a PayPal account.

Do you accept credit cards, diner cards or traveller's checks (cheques) for payment?

Unfortunately, I cannot accept credit cards, diner cards or traveller's checks/cheques. To reserve your space, a deposit is required through PayPal with the remaining balance of your tour to be paid in US cash on the day of the tour.

I think PP is free to sign up and you can link it to your credit card. Pretty easy. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
pghsteelerfan, your review was amazing!! I just contacted Spencer's to book based on it :). Any recommendations for Barbados or Antigua?

So glad to see you booked with Spencer. His tours are amazing. We had a wonderful time with them as well based off pgh's review and information. However, we did go for the snorkeling and to date, it's one of our favorites! Just know that you can also be on the beach there in front of the hotel (you just can't use their beds unless you pay) and the water is real nice there.

If you need something to hold you over until you go there...I have a huge review, listed in my signature line, and it's full of pictures. (You'll see a lot of snorkeling pictures and it just might entice you to give it a shot and see what you are missing out on in a whole new world under the water. It's amazing!) :D

For Antigua best Excursion you can do is Creole Antigua cruises. We did this last Nov. and again in 2 months. Wonderful tour along the coast. Great snorkeling area that they take you to. Then on to bird island for a fresh lobster lunch and swim. Last stop is a snorkeling in sea beds full of starfish. BEST tour we have ever taken. Google their web site and I promise you will love it

• 1 month later...

Enjoyed your review ‼️‼️‼️

We booked Spencer's beach tour on our upcoming Nov cruise ...looking forward to returning to St. Lucia , it's been over 20 yrs

Are the resort cushioned chairs $50 for one or a pair ?