Cup included in Soda & More?

MrSchwump

I, too, was wondering about that. I live on Diet Coke....(yeah, I know) But as DW says - well, it's not alcohol...

Anyway, I happened upon a You Tube video of a kid (and I mean kid) who had found a "hack" for those cups. Apparently there was a chip on the bottom of the large cups and he "showed" how to break the cup and grab the chip - thus allowing anyone to get soda.

I remember laughing and saying to myself - "Well, so much for the cups".......

I received the cups in December 2017.

I don't know anything about a chip -- I've never used the cups. Every cruise, on day 1, I throw the cups in the closet behind the life vests, where they sit. Next to last day of the cruise, I tell my wife "let's throw them out instead of packing them," but she overrules me. I don't know where she puts them at home, I never see them again.

I get a Soda sticker on my card, and that is what the bartenders and cocktail waitresses look at. No computer chip needed. And no insulated cup, that I would need to wash, required.

Last couple years the kids have received a plastic tumbler with lid and "silly straw". Haven't received the sortof insulated containers with lids and "Coke"on the outside in quite a few years.

Yep hats what they have offered me the last few cruises.

I, too, was wondering about that. I live on Diet Coke....(yeah, I know) But as DW says - well, it's not alcohol...

Anyway, I happened upon a You Tube video of a kid (and I mean kid) who had found a "hack" for those cups. Apparently there was a chip on the bottom of the large cups and he "showed" how to break the cup and grab the chip - thus allowing anyone to get soda.

I remember laughing and saying to myself - "Well, so much for the cups".......

Never heard of a "chip" in the cup. My wife has one she uses that I got with the Soda and More package back in 2014 and it doesn't have a chip. I just got a UKP sticker on my card. (UKP was the sticker for the Ultimate Kid's Package which was the old name for the Soda and More package. They were just using up the old stickers.)

I think the "chip" is in the cups on RCI where they have to self serve Coke machines. The chip is activated for the current cruise.

Disney does the same thing at the water parks and on site hotels.

If the ***** system ever works I’m guessing Princess could do the same thing, except you will be the chip

No chip on princess.

I think royal caribbean has/had that.

Medallion opportunity for princess!

We got the soda and more package (bought it outside of the Windjammer about an hour after boarding) and received a Princess plastic cup and cover with straw. It was not an insulated one. My son never used it and had a sticker on his cruise card. I found the choices of soda to be ridiculously limiting (no Diet Sprite or Fanta as they were only available in a can and not fountain), although the "and more" was good for those that like virgin frozen sweet drinks.

We received them in our cabin for the 12/30 royal cruise. We never used them though.

I have never used the thing even though we got it when I booked the soda and more package on one cruise. My wife likes the cup for iced tea from HC. It's a large cup with a lid. I only ever got that package once as a trial kind of thing and I think it's likely the best deal going on Princess ships. If I decide to give up alcohol (an option I have considered) I will likely get that package when cruising.