Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

It's been cold here, but not as bad as last 2 weeks. 21 out there now, thats better than single digits. :eek:

Michael Ohr is on the Ravens...Boooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Go Niners!!!!!!!!

We love the puppy bowl too!!! Always watch that.

I did our taxes online yesterday. It was easy and free!! Now I will wait to get them back and we can book our next cruise! Yipeeeeee

John will have to do our state taxes by hand. Geesh I'm getting back a whole dollar. Hope we can handle that much cash. :eek:

Poor Wex hasn't gotten much exercise this past month. With the bitter cold and Johns shoulder hurting, we haven't got him out much. It would be great if you could throw the ball and he would go get it, but he's such a poop and will not run so we have to walk him. My Miss B would chase the ball til I made her stop. We are lucky if Wex runs after it once. :(

Well, I guess I should be rooting for the 49ers considering they're California boys......It's really exciting that both coaches are brothers, how unusual is that? Their mother must be so proud!

Brenda's just like Bailey she would run after the ball until she dropped. Horty chases it, sniffs the ground, the trees, anything around the ball and then picks it up and brings it back! Such a character!

I have to start getting my clothes picked-out and the luggage down, put the luggage tags on and plan Horty's wardrobe.....love it!

Poor Wex hasn't gotten much exercise this past month. With the bitter cold and Johns shoulder hurting, we haven't got him out much. It would be great if you could throw the ball and he would go get it, but he's such a poop and will not run so we have to walk him. My Miss B would chase the ball til I made her stop. We are lucky if Wex runs after it once. :(

Send Wex down here, I would love to walk him. It is only in the 60's

today :p

Roz---Yes my daughter will arrive back tomorrow. They are going to stay the night because of Superbowl. She enjoyed her trip but said she was sea sick for the first 2 1/2 days going and hopefully the seas were calm when she sailed back. She said no more West Coast sailing for her. And she usually doesn't get sea sick.Throw her a kiss when you see her ship. :)

Have a great weekend everyone.

Oh! No! Sorry to hear about your daughter's sea sickness....the pacific waters can be very rough and they're so cold! I hope she was able to enjoy most of the cruise inspite of this.

One of the reasons they don't do Alaska cruises out of L.A. is because the Pacific Coastal waters, going north, can be impossible to cruise on. Nothing like those warm, Florida waters for cruising.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Send Wex down here, I would love to walk him. It is only in the 60's

today :p

Roz---Yes my daughter will arrive back tomorrow. They are going to stay the night because of Superbowl. She enjoyed her trip but said she was sea sick for the first 2 1/2 days going and hopefully the seas were calm when she sailed back. She said no more West Coast sailing for her. And she usually doesn't get sea sick.Throw her a kiss when you see her ship. :)

Have a great weekend everyone.

Awww your poor daughter. I didn't realize that the west coast waters were so rough. Makes me feel better about not going out there. I will stick with our nice calm, warm, east coast waters.

We will crate Wex up and send him down there for a week. I'm sure you and Ed would love it. Of course until you see how needy and pesty he is. :eek:

Well, I guess I should be rooting for the 49ers considering they're California boys......It's really exciting that both coaches are brothers, how unusual is that? Their mother must be so proud!

Brenda's just like Bailey she would run after the ball until she dropped. Horty chases it, sniffs the ground, the trees, anything around the ball and then picks it up and brings it back! Such a character!

I have to start getting my clothes picked-out and the luggage down, put the luggage tags on and plan Horty's wardrobe.....love it!

Wex does the same thing, runs after the ball, sniffs it but then wanders off without getting it. :(

You should be going for the 49ers. They are your team. I think it's so exciting how the brothers will be against eachother. The poor parents have to see one win and one lose, that has to be hard.

Tonight I will watch my sister go out of Ft Lauderdale, on the Allure. Sad that I am not going. Wish more of the ports would have web cams. Maybe I will see her walking around on the ship.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Lights-out at the Super Bowl :confused: It's all those poor souls who died in that stadium during Hurricane Katrina.....they don't like all the noise on their territory! Weird!

I don't usually like football but I'm enjoying this game! The commercials, the half-time show, the brothers, the stadium, Michael Oher...so much to bring my interest.

My mother was a maniac for football games. She would yell and cheer louder than my father, I could never understand it! I have two sisters and 3 brothers...none of us were ever as interested in sports as our mother!

I don't think Horty likes all the football noise.....he's doing a lot of barking today [the neighbors are having a party and people are coming and going] while Brenda just sleeps on her couch!

Lights-out at the Super Bowl :confused: It's all those poor souls who died in that stadium during Hurricane Katrina.....they don't like all the noise on their territory! Weird!

I don't usually like football but I'm enjoying this game! The commercials, the half-time show, the brothers, the stadium, Michael Oher...so much to bring my interest.

My mother was a maniac for football games. She would yell and cheer louder than my father, I could never understand it! I have two sisters and 3 brothers...none of us were ever as interested in sports as our mother!

I don't think Horty likes all the football noise.....he's doing a lot of barking today [the neighbors are having a party and people are coming and going] while Brenda just sleeps on her couch!

Well I'm sorry the 49ers didn't win the game. But there was surely alot going on during that game. Some of the commercials were good, others not!

I have always been a sports fan. Football, baseball, hockey, but don't like basketball. Over the years I've gotten disgusted over the steroids and the greed of players and owners. We used to go to a few games a year, now the tickets are so expensive only rich people can afford to go. :mad: Right now I refuse to watch hockey after the greedy players and owners screwed up the season. John watches but I won't.

Wexler doesn't mind the tv noise, unless its barking or growling, then he perks up. But he doesn't like other noises. We used to take Rangeley to sporting events and concerts. Wexler hates screaming crowds and loud music. He doesn't even like it when we yell at eachother. :eek:

Tonight I will watch my sister go out of Ft Lauderdale, on the Allure. Sad that I am not going. Wish more of the ports would have web cams. Maybe I will see her walking around on the ship.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Trudy didn't you have an art show this weekend? How did it go?

Baltimore is one happy place this morning! I took my kids to the Super Bowl Send Off at the Inner Harbor last week since they had a "snow day" that turned out to be nothing but rain.

Our Bahamas cruise is coming up this summer. We need to get the kids' passports renewed then it is onto the dog paperwork.

Baltimore is one happy place this morning! I took my kids to the Super Bowl Send Off at the Inner Harbor last week since they had a "snow day" that turned out to be nothing but rain.

Our Bahamas cruise is coming up this summer. We need to get the kids' passports renewed then it is onto the dog paperwork.

Glad we are sailing Alaska out of Vancouver this year. Dog paperwork is easy. Just an International Health Cert. signed by our USDA Vet.

I have the Bahama permit form if you need it.

Ever since the movie "Hairspray" Baltimore made a name for itself. But winning the Super Bowl that's another story.

I'm glad you have a cruise in your future. My doggies go to the Vet on the 15th and get their shots.....I have to leave the room...I'm such a wimp when it comes to them getting the needle. Horton will get his paperwork done for our March cruise then.

Glad we are sailing Alaska out of Vancouver this year. Dog paperwork is easy. Just an International Health Cert. signed by our USDA Vet.

Easy-peasy! CCI is really watching Horton closely. Geez, I wish I was taken care of as well as he is!!!!

I got an email from the Graduate Dept. saying that I was overdue [January] for Horton's one year check-up. I told them he's going on February 15th.....I have to schedule according to cruising [afterall, that's the priority here, isn't it?]

I sure hope he's lost weight.....they want him lean and mean!!!!! He's so skinny as it is! Geezzzz! And, they want me to brush his teeth more often and cut his nails shorter.....Feels like the Army for Horty!

Hello everyone. I thought that I would catch you up on my little Bella Blue. She is growing like a weed and is 5 months old already! She just got her staples out yesterday from being spayed. They had put the cone of shame on her so she would not lick or scratch but she tried toscratch anyway and was almost bleeding.Poor little girl. Being the mommy that i am i took that alful cone off and put on a little t-shirt and no more problems. She was glad to have all therestrictions gone and was racing around the house like a crasy girl. LOL She isnt the service dog that Valentine was (yet at least) but she has won my heart and I love her!

Hello everyone. I thought that I would catch you up on my little Bella Blue. She is growing like a weed and is 5 months old already! She just got her staples out yesterday from being spayed. They had put the cone of shame on her so she would not lick or scratch but she tried toscratch anyway and was almost bleeding.Poor little girl. Being the mommy that i am i took that alful cone off and put on a little t-shirt and no more problems. She was glad to have all therestrictions gone and was racing around the house like a crasy girl. LOL She isnt the service dog that Valentine was (yet at least) but she has won my heart and I love her!

Barabara' date=' how wonderful that Bella Blue has you and you have her. Who would have thought of putting on a T-Shirt would make all the difference in the world for her, but you! I hope that this will be the new beginning that you so deserve.[/b']

I hope you're feeling well and strong. It's so good to hear from you.

Keep us all in the loop as Bella Blue progresses with her training. And, if you can, send some pictures so we can "ooohhh" & "ahhhhh" with you! ;)

Yooooou.....Whoooooo! Nancy where are you? :confused:

Roz,

I'm here reading along. Had a rough couple of weeks. One of hubby's childhood friends passed away last week. It was hard on us. He was in poor health, but still unexpected. The funeral was this week. We went and spent 2 days there. His wife passed away a couple of years ago. We love their kids like they were our own. Spent a lot of time with them. Travis got to meet so many new cousins he didn't know which way to turn. He had teenage boy cousins to play with! :eek: It was good for him. Anyway, Travis' science project is also due today, so we had to get him back home for school.

Glad to here from you Barbara and I agree, pictures of sweet Bella Blue when you can. Good you are feeling better.

Have to pick up Ms. Jezzy Lou from the babysitters, today. Leann Emily has been meowing around looking for her. She usually is very vocal. She must miss the morning "rollings"!

Everyone have a good day.

Roz,

I'm here reading along. Had a rough couple of weeks. One of hubby's childhood friends passed away last week. It was hard on us. He was in poor health, but still unexpected. The funeral was this week. We went and spent 2 days there. His wife passed away a couple of years ago. We love their kids like they were our own. Spent a lot of time with them. Travis got to meet so many new cousins he didn't know which way to turn. He had teenage boy cousins to play with! :eek: It was good for him. Anyway, Travis' science project is also due today, so we had to get him back home for school.

Glad to here from you Barbara and I agree, pictures of sweet Bella Blue when you can. Good you are feeling better.

Have to pick up Ms. Jezzy Lou from the babysitters, today. Leann Emily has been meowing around looking for her. She usually is very vocal. She must miss the morning "rollings"!

Everyone have a good day.

I knew it had to be something serious....I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

Jezzy will bring your smile back, I'm sure she misses you very much.

Stay well.

Hi All, Nancy sorry to hear about your loss. This past 2 weeks we have had 2 friends who lost their fathers, and another one that was given 3 days to live. Not fun.

Speaking of not fun, 2feet of snow? :mad: That is not fun!!!! :mad: Lee is driving up in the morning for the weekend. He will help me shovel and clean off the cars. 2 feet is even too much for Wex. He will have to do his business on the sidewalk. :eek: I had grocery shopped yesterday but forgot a few things and had to go out today. What a madhouse!!! I am not going out again. The mayor of Boston already called for non essential personal not to go in tomorrow and closed school in the city. John's guy seems to wait til last minute to close and then calls at 5:30am. I hope he is smart enough to call it off today, especially so parents can make arrangements for their kids. I don't think John will go in anyway. I have been house cleaning all day cuz I usually do it on Friday and won't be able to do it with all the guys here. Everytime we get a dusting the sander guy comes and sands. :confused: I have no idea why, but I have to vacuum everyday or the house is filled with sand, it's like being at the beach!! Yesterday we went for a walk and Wex stepped in the one pile of snow at the park, next thing we know he is holding his paw in the air. I thought he got a piece of rocksalt stuck in it but there was nothing but snow. :confused: What a wuss!! I brushed it off and he walked fine. He's such a wierdo!!

Barb, Glad to hear things are going well. I really hate those cones, they can't do anything with them on. Bailee had one once and she couldn't walk down the stairs with it on. Hope we see some new pics soon!!!

We have puppy raiser friends of ours that found out yesterday that the dog they raised is in team training right now and got pre-matched yesterday. Go Buffy! If all goes well we will see her graduate next Friday. We also have puppy raiser friends that will be turning in their pup for advanced training next Friday.

Hi All, Nancy sorry to hear about your loss. This past 2 weeks we have had 2 friends who lost their fathers, and another one that was given 3 days to live. Not fun.

Speaking of not fun, 2feet of snow? :mad: That is not fun!!!! :mad: Lee is driving up in the morning for the weekend. He will help me shovel and clean off the cars. 2 feet is even too much for Wex. He will have to do his business on the sidewalk. :eek: I had grocery shopped yesterday but forgot a few things and had to go out today. What a madhouse!!! I am not going out again. The mayor of Boston already called for non essential personal not to go in tomorrow and closed school in the city. John's guy seems to wait til last minute to close and then calls at 5:30am. I hope he is smart enough to call it off today, especially so parents can make arrangements for their kids. I don't think John will go in anyway. I have been house cleaning all day cuz I usually do it on Friday and won't be able to do it with all the guys here. Everytime we get a dusting the sander guy comes and sands. :confused: I have no idea why, but I have to vacuum everyday or the house is filled with sand, it's like being at the beach!! Yesterday we went for a walk and Wex stepped in the one pile of snow at the park, next thing we know he is holding his paw in the air. I thought he got a piece of rocksalt stuck in it but there was nothing but snow. :confused: What a wuss!! I brushed it off and he walked fine. He's such a wierdo!!

Your life.....You should write a book or, at least keep a journal. If I ever hear you say your "bored" I'll remind you of these days.

Your story of Wex and the snow had me spitting my coffee onto my desk.....He cracks me up. He's as bad a character as my Horty. I love their idioscyncracy's, they'd either drive each other crazy or really appreciate one another! Brenda just stares at him in wonder at his antics, he's so, so funny and makes my mouth drop open, all the time! Just like your stories of Wex do!

Hello all. I often read your messages and follow along, but I don't participate very often.

I'd like to ask a question. It does seem that we all show affection to our service animals. Have you ever had it questioned, pet versus service, because of this?

I don't see how you can't grow to love your dog, but I'm tired of having him called a pet. Even while he's properly marked otherwise.