?? about extra point for booking 9 months in advance before it was changed

ready2cruzagain

We booked on Jan 3rd this year before the change of taking away the 2 points for booking 9 months in advance for a January 2018 cruise. I know I have read that they will honor through December but what about those of us that have a cruise later and booked before they took this incentive away?

We have 14 days of cruising booked in Jan. so hoping we will get out 28 points which will make us platinum. If only receive 14 points then we will be 4 points shy of being platinum.

We are also thinking about adding another cruise onto these 2 for a b2b2b. If we would make Platinum during the second cruise would we get the Platinum perks on the 3rd cruise?

We booked on Jan 3rd this year before the change of taking away the 2 points for booking 9 months in advance for a January 2018 cruise. I know I have read that they will honor through December but what about those of us that have a cruise later and booked before they took this incentive away?

We have 14 days of cruising booked in Jan. so hoping we will get out 28 points which will make us platinum. If only receive 14 points then we will be 4 points shy of being platinum.

We are also thinking about adding another cruise onto these 2 for a b2b2b. If we would make Platinum during the second cruise would we get the Platinum perks on the 3rd cruise?

Yes, they changed the rule in April I believe. We were grandfathered in for the two cruises we had booked but no more extra points. If you booked in January you should be OK, but I would check it.

The good news is that we are now just over a couple of months away from getting the answer.

There is no point calling NCL to check. You will just get a random answer.

My suspicion is that you will get the points, and that it is just bad wording on the FAQ pages.

We will only know for sure when someone gets back from a cruise in January and reports either getting them or not.

We are booked in Feb and booked over a year in advance so are in the same boat. Would be interesting to hear the results

I have two cruises booked next year. I would love the extra points

I guess I will find out in Feb after we get back from our cruises.

We just booked the 3rd cruise for the b2b2b and would love it if we would be platinum on the 3rd cruise but not seeing any answers.

I guess I will find out in Feb after we get back from our cruises.

We just booked the 3rd cruise for the b2b2b and would love it if we would be platinum on the 3rd cruise but not seeing any answers.

Here is what NCL said on Facebook:

NorwegianCruise Line Yes, allcruises. 2018 too.

Like · Reply · 11 · January27 at 3:33pm

• 2 months later...

You should, and you will also make platinum at the old point level. We just made Gold on a cruise booked before the latitudes changes and we are short of the new Gold point level.

• 1 month later...
Question:

If you hit the next level during your cruise will they give you a new card midway through your cruise? Or will need to wait until your next cruise to level up?

The nights are not awarded until after you have completed the trip.

Question:

If you hit the next level during your cruise will they give you a new card midway through your cruise? Or will need to wait until your next cruise to level up?

The answer to this is you get the next level benefits AFTER the cruise that puts you at that level.

The only exception would be on a B2B cruise where the first leg scores the next level -

when this happens go see the Next Cruise people on the 2nd leg to get the new benefits.*

* do this the first thing boarding the ship -or- on the previous cruise talk to them in advance.

In reality only if moving into the Platinum status is this worth pursuing - the Gold and Silver levels

not so much.

Tier chart LINK:

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

Summary:

Get 1 point per night of any cruise

Get 1 addition point per night booking a full suite garden haven class cabin

Lastly Get 1 point for booking an Latitudes Insider Offer.

The points for booking 9 or more months program has been discontinued.

Any point discrepancies must be adjusted within 1 year of the end of the cruise in question.

Just booked a weeks cruise for next July in a studio cabin.Will I get double points?Thank you.

The ONLY way a Studio cabin can get extra points is by taking advantage of an Latitudes Insider Offer.

The Studio gets 1 point per night.

The Insider Offer is 1 extra point per night.

There are no more points to get.

The Insider Offers come and go and vary with season ship and sailing

and are updated monthly.

To be eligible for the offers must book the cruise in that month of the offer.

Any changes to the booking and the Insider Offer is voided same as if you

were cancelling and rebooking a cabin - but you may be able to take

advantage of the latest current offers in that new rebooking.

Go to the NCL website - on the DARK BLUE BANNER BAR click on SPECIALS -

a window menu opens click on LATITUDES INSIDER OFFER - a new

page opens with the current offers - LINK:

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/insider-offer

The most points that can be scored is 3 per night -

1 for the cabin

1 for Insider Offer

1 for a Full Suite Garden Haven class cabin

Trivia - illustration

To make Platinum from a base level of zero points - take NCL cruise of a B2B Panama Canal*

14 days going 14 days returning (28 points) booked in a Suite (28 more points)

and booked as an Insider Offer (28 more points) total points 84 - 80 points required to be Platinum

* substitute Transatlantic for Panama Canal

There are other combinations of bit and pieces and already accumulated points - it is common for

10 cruises to be at the point of being Platinum.

Delaying your cruise a few days or perhaps taking it earlier may be helpful in getting the benefits

of the Insider Offers and the benefits of being Platinum.