Let it Be Said: The Track Suit is the Ultimate Cruise Wear Ensemble, Yes?

need2cruisesoon

There you go again, equating wealth with class. I've known a few very wealthy people who show by their behavior just how low class they really are. And I've known people of limited financial means who are some of the classiest people one could ever meet. Similarly, one needn't be wealthy to know how to dress appropriately for the occasion. You will not convince many people that a tracksuit is appropriate for a wedding unless it's being held trackside.

Well said, but people have to comprehend the meaning of "appropriate" to understand your point.

My experience in dealing with many C level executives and senior lawyers in business and in social situations is that the more senior they were the less they seemed to care about what others thought of their attire. This surprised me at first. But, often their spouses did not appear to be of the same mind set.

I found this especially noticeable in law firms. The junior partners and associates would be dressed up to the 'nines', not so some of the senior partners. The latter would often be dressed in very good clothing, but it would be far more casual that some others.

The other noticeable difference was location. I did business in several parts of the country. Dress, business and leisure events, was much more casual on the west coast and in some western cities. Very different than in some of the eastern business centers.

Edited by iancal

I'm just offering another perspective - that of maybe not judging others based on their attire, regardless of occasion.

Maybe it's different than the UK or wherever, but I know (or know of) some pretty wealthy people who dress far "less" than the part, whether it's a wedding or a trip to the market. It might be seen as the chav-equivalent by some who don't know any better. And based on my travels throughout the US, I think I live in a very diverse, tolerant area that probably has the least "protocol" when it comes to attire, at least very generally speaking. People do as they please, and others accept it. I can't imagine a dude here getting any blowback on a widespread scale like you describe for wanting to rock a tracksuit everyday.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It has nothing to do with wealth or class...it has everything to do with taste.

You can be comfy and casual and not look like you are heading out to the gym/some light Tennis. I am more casual than a lot of women I know but I make sure my wear is appropriate for the event. There is casual then there is sports wear...a big difference.I was simply trying to suggest comfy and casual alternatives rather than a tracksuit such as lightweight jeans,casual lightweight trousers, polo shirts, t-shirts, tasteful jumpers and so on for men.

I work with families and children from 40-50 different countries, some who rely on food banks weekly and have all sorts of going on in their home lives. I am not judgemental.

In the UK, people wont often shout 'chav' at someone. But they are more likely to mention it when they read about a tracksuited youth in the paper and say 'Oh this chav stole 3 cars' type of thing.

It has nothing to do with wealth or class...it has everything to do with taste.

You can be comfy and casual and not look like you are heading out to the gym/some light Tennis. I am more casual than a lot of women I know but I make sure my wear is appropriate for the event. There is casual then there is sports wear...a big difference.I was simply trying to suggest comfy and casual alternatives rather than a tracksuit such as lightweight jeans,casual lightweight trousers, polo shirts, t-shirts, tasteful jumpers and so on for men.

I work with families and children from 40-50 different countries, some who rely on food banks weekly and have all sorts of going on in their home lives. I am not judgemental.

In the UK, people wont often shout 'chav' at someone. But they are more likely to mention it when they read about a tracksuited youth in the paper and say 'Oh this chav stole 3 cars' type of thing.

The definition ties tracksuit and "lower class", thus my statement on wealthy people who might not "appear" so to some. Whether or not they, or anyone, lacks "tastefulness" in their attire or appearance can often times be a gray area and a matter of opinion influenced by many factors.

The definition ties tracksuit and "lower class", thus my statement on wealthy people who might not "appear" so to some. Whether or not they, or anyone, lacks "tastefulness" in their attire or appearance can often times be a gray area and a matter of opinion influenced by many factors.

It ties it to the definition when worn all of the time and with the whole ensemble .

Tracksuits for sport/children/possibly a medical issue. Maybe wearing the bottoms and a tee to head out for a leisurely stroll.

Simples.

I was recently on the Regal Princess this past October and had determined that the track suit is possibly the best outfit to wear on the ship, at breakfast, lunch and dinner and (evening entertainment). Plus I was very comfortable on all day excursions riding in buses and vans with little discomfort with my attire.

On my next cruise, just a track suit, shorts and some fancy Italian loafers to dress the outfit up a bit.

f06da206fd3da2daf2d8d65eea3e2439.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

need2cruisesoon, look at the brewhaha you have caused around here!. And all because of your comfy track suit look. :(

Thank God you didn't post that you were going for the MC Hammer comfy look!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbuGy32aDLQqRJeTssTSTWMyNDcAc1elhsX_9IDTFQ8dLt2IKmFQ

This place would have exploded! not-available.gif:eek: