Beef Wellington

Nanascraps

I know this is kind of a weird question but when we went on our last cruise on Princess in 2010 they had the best beef Wellington in the MDR. Do they still have that? We're sailing on the Crown Princess to the Caribbean November 2019.

Frequently it is in the buffet. And actually it is usually better in the buffet as it is “fresher”. I have been known to hit the buffet after dinner in the MDR(or specialty) to scan for a comparison. Always find something that I have to try.

I had it n the Sapphire two weeks ago. It wasn’t good, but it was the best thing on the plate ... the vegetables were awful!

Princess used to excel in vegetables - I used to always order extra. They were awful on the Sapphire IMO also. I didn't order the beef wellington because I knew by then that the beef wasn't good on the ship.

On the Caribbean Princess on the 7/28/18 cruise and Beef Wellington was served towards the end of the 7 days. On a score of 1-10 I would put it at about a 6 tops. Not a snob, but have had this dish quite a few times at land restaurants and basing my 6 on its presentation and taste compared to land restaurants. Considering how many dishes Princess has to make that is a decent mark. It's just that I got excited when I saw it on the menu and it wasn't that great a cut of meat and the pastry was just a 1-2 inch stripe around the meat. It wasn't encased in pastry as it usually comes. But a decent attempt on part of Princess and I did eat it!! Grin.

Pooh

On the Caribbean Princess on the 7/28/18 cruise and Beef Wellington was served towards the end of the 7 days. On a score of 1-10 I would put it at about a 6 tops. Not a snob, but have had this dish quite a few times at land restaurants and basing my 6 on its presentation and taste compared to land restaurants. Considering how many dishes Princess has to make that is a decent mark. It's just that I got excited when I saw it on the menu and it wasn't that great a cut of meat and the pastry was just a 1-2 inch stripe around the meat. It wasn't encased in pastry as it usually comes. But a decent attempt on part of Princess and I did eat it!! Grin.

Pooh

I always throw the crust away but it sounds that it was fairly good on the CB. I've never eaten it elsewhere than a Princess ship.