Anthem Junior suite guarantee questions?

Looking for cruises for next year and I wanted to ask about "guarantee" cabins. I would like to book a suite for once, and the junior suite is about what we can do for suites at this time. I noticed there is an option for "junior suite guarantee", and its like 600 bucks less than choosing your cabin. How does the guarantee cabin thing work? Is it as good a deal as it sounds? I mean I'm not picky about where I am except I'd like to be up a bit higher in the decks. Thanks for any help or info on the subject.

Oh by the way the RCCL went goofy on me before when it suddenly changed the website to Spanish for some odd reason, then it locked up and went to the "oops something went wrong" page. I just had to clear cookies and everything was fine.

is this on the royal site ?

reason i ask is ive only seen guarantee suites on a TA site.

Says "seas class" whatever that means. I don't know much about suites other than I'd like to book one for the family at least one time. Problem is after we book one we will never be able to go back. :')

We did this for our upcoming trip. We were assigned a Spa Junior Suite on deck 13, which in my opinion is not the best of the junior suites. If we had it to do over, we would have just paid for a regular junior suite, but it is up to you. We don't like the half sofa or the window to the bathroom. You only get the upgraded bath products, reservation available at the suite restaurant (you can't just show up) and bathrobes for this level of suite. You do not get the concierge lounge, special seating, internet, etc. of the other suite classes. Information is available on the website after some searching.

i checked april 2019 and still dont see a guarantee. was hoping to see one for the fun of it and assumed further out means more availability. coastal kitchen and 1.5 baths as well as the larger room seem to be the only benefits.

however when i was doing research on a TA site with free grats and OBC the price did come down within 'reason' of a balcony room that had no perks.

Looking for cruises for next year and I wanted to ask about "guarantee" cabins. I would like to book a suite for once, and the junior suite is about what we can do for suites at this time. I noticed there is an option for "junior suite guarantee", and its like 600 bucks less than choosing your cabin. How does the guarantee cabin thing work? Is it as good a deal as it sounds? I mean I'm not picky about where I am except I'd like to be up a bit higher in the decks. Thanks for any help or info on the subject.

We've done a "W" guarantee twice on Anthem, received a FJS, Deck 10 the first time and then a SJS Deck 13 the second time. We have no problems staying on Deck 13, which is the deck we prefer. One flight up for the WJ, CK & the pool. Every now and then we may hear some noise from above but not enough to stop us from booking a room on that deck. The FJS does have 2 bathrooms, which is very nice where as the SJS only has 1 1/2 bath and all SJS are mid-ship. To save $600, I'd book it and would be happy with any JS I was given.

Thanks for the replies, for 600 bucks I think we'd have to go for it. I mean that's a decent chunk of change. If I book through a TA maybe they can kinda work with RCCL in choosing the cabin? I honestly don't see a down side because there aren't any JR suites with an obstructed view or anything.

Thanks for the replies, for 600 bucks I think we'd have to go for it. I mean that's a decent chunk of change. If I book through a TA maybe they can kinda work with RCCL in choosing the cabin? I honestly don't see a down side because there aren't any JR suites with an obstructed view or anything.

The TA has no input in a guarantee stateroom selection. However, once a stateroom has been assigned, Royal normally allows guests who are booked under US/Canadian rules to change to any available stateroom in the same exact category as has been assigned. The TA would have to request this.

The TA has no input in a guarantee stateroom selection. However, once a stateroom has been assigned, Royal normally allows guests who are booked under US/Canadian rules to change to any available stateroom in the same exact category as has been assigned. The TA would have to request this.

Yes. We have done this every time we have had a guarantee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. We have done this every time we have had a guarantee.

so you were able to change cabins with your guarantee?

i checked for the fun of it and my sailing now does show a GTY for 2900 total price. my d5 is about 2100. of course no one but me can figure if 800 is worth it. but i have to admit i wouldnt ever voluntarily book on deck 13.

now maybe if i got a TA with some OBC and free grats it would be a steal.

IF there is a JS GTY..book it! You will get AT LEAST a JS...might get something better, but that's rare. There really are no "bad" JS's. Lovely space!

bad of course is relative. but discounting deck 13 noise from above, are there really no other downsides to the JS GTY?

bad of course is relative. but discounting deck 13 noise from above, are there really no other downsides to the JS GTY?

I would not want a connecting stateroom.

i never considered that. never studied the plans for JS.

what else would be potentially negative.

Being directly under the pool deck would be negative for me.

so you were able to change cabins with your guarantee?

i checked for the fun of it and my sailing now does show a GTY for 2900 total price. my d5 is about 2100. of course no one but me can figure if 800 is worth it. but i have to admit i wouldnt ever voluntarily book on deck 13.

now maybe if i got a TA with some OBC and free grats it would be a steal.

Yes. Within the same category. So I'd check to make sure there are several rooms available in each category first. Your mileage may vary of course. I've heard of some people not being assigned a room until arrival, for example. Or the category may be sold out etc.

It seems like a lot of risk for the $$$'s to me . On my upcoming Anthem (October) I have a D1 9644 booked and have been hoping to upgrade to a JS (I was late to book and all were gone) they have a SJS GTY, but it's approx $2500 to upgrade for the two of us...I think I'll stay where I am unless things change after final payment due in July.

We did this for our upcoming trip. We were assigned a Spa Junior Suite on deck 13, which in my opinion is not the best of the junior suites. If we had it to do over, we would have just paid for a regular junior suite, but it is up to you. We don't like the half sofa or the window to the bathroom. You only get the upgraded bath products, reservation available at the suite restaurant (you can't just show up) and bathrobes for this level of suite. You do not get the concierge lounge, special seating, internet, etc. of the other suite classes. Information is available on the website after some searching.[/quot

I watched the video and now i see what you mean about half sofa. what dont you like about it?

We switched our D2 to a guarantee on Anthem May 2015 and were given a SJS on deck 6. We were absolutely thrilled with the cabin and wouldn't hesitate to book again if the price was right. We lucked out since it didn't cost us any additional money.