Harmony of the Seas // Wedding Cruise

Victoria2084

**I have posted this thread in the Royal Caribbean, but I figured I might as well post here!!**

Hello everyone! I have just recently figured out this website and I am searching for some help! My husband and I will be having a wedding on the Harmony of the Seas December 18, 2017. (We decided to get married before the sailing, bohemian wedding license was pricey) We are super excited, and so far everything has gone super smooth! I have read some previous threads about individuals having a awful experience and that is getting me a bit worried.

So to begin a little bit about myself! My name is Victoria (25) and I will be completing my wedding to my best friend Adam (28) of 8 years in 29 days!!!!!! clear.png?emoji-grin-1677 Its his first cruise, and I am so excited to share this with him.

We chose a cruise wedding because,

1) We love to vacation!

2) We did not want the stress of a local wedding!

We will be having about 18 guests total sailing with us, the wedding day will be the 3rd day at sea. My coordinator with Royal Ocean Events has only been a good experience so far! She has responded to my emails same day, and has made sure to get everything that I have wanted. Like we are having open bar but 3 of my guest cannot drink so they will be getting the Soda & Juice package only! We are also having the Platinum buffet, which is great! But I have a small nephew who will NOT eat steak or lobster, so we were able to order him a chicken finger plate for $15. She has recommended all of these to me and has made sure that I had chosen the right things and noted everything correctly! Of course I understand I will not know if this is all going to go according to plan until day of but I am completely hopefully that everything will go just fine.

We have also made welcome bags and were able to get a space for everyone to meet up embarkation day to give out which is awesome!!

**Sorry for the long rant**

So basically I am wanting to know if anyone else has been married on Harmony of the Seas yet and how was their experience? And if anyone has photography photos that they are willing to share. Also how well did the spa do hair and makeup? clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

And if anyone wants me to keep this thread updated on my experience I will gladly post photos and any tips and info that I can share! I hope to have a positive outcome with my Royal Caribbean Wedding. clear.png?emoji-heart-193

• 2 weeks later...
**I have posted this thread in the Royal Caribbean, but I figured I might as well post here!!**

Hello everyone! I have just recently figured out this website and I am searching for some help! My husband and I will be having a wedding on the Harmony of the Seas December 18, 2017. (We decided to get married before the sailing, bohemian wedding license was pricey) We are super excited, and so far everything has gone super smooth! I have read some previous threads about individuals having a awful experience and that is getting me a bit worried.

So to begin a little bit about myself! My name is Victoria (25) and I will be completing my wedding to my best friend Adam (28) of 8 years in 29 days!!!!!! clear.png?emoji-grin-1677 Its his first cruise, and I am so excited to share this with him.

1) We love to vacation!

We will be having about 18 guests total sailing with us, the wedding day will be the 3rd day at sea. My coordinator with Royal Ocean Events has only been a good experience so far! She has responded to my emails same day, and has made sure to get everything that I have wanted. Like we are having open bar but 3 of my guest cannot drink so they will be getting the Soda & Juice package only! We are also having the Platinum buffet, which is great! But I have a small nephew who will NOT eat steak or lobster, so we were able to order him a chicken finger plate for $15. She has recommended all of these to me and has made sure that I had chosen the right things and noted everything correctly! Of course I understand I will not know if this is all going to go according to plan until day of but I am completely hopefully that everything will go just fine.

We have also made welcome bags and were able to get a space for everyone to meet up embarkation day to give out which is awesome!!

So basically I am wanting to know if anyone else has been married on Harmony of the Seas yet and how was their experience? And if anyone has photography photos that they are willing to share. Also how well did the spa do hair and makeup? clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

And if anyone wants me to keep this thread updated on my experience I will gladly post photos and any tips and info that I can share! I hope to have a positive outcome with my Royal Caribbean Wedding. clear.png?emoji-heart-193

Congratulations. I have no advice as I will be getting married after you, in Feb on Enchantment of the Seas. But I hope you have a great ceremony and look forward to the follow up and pictures.

Hi Victoria,

I will be having a cruise wedding as well on the Harmony of the Seas but we will be getting married in St. Thomas so it will not be through RCI. I would still love to connect with you and here more about your planning process on some logistics and here more about your wedding after as well! If you'd be open to chatting please feel free to email me at caitlinr1020@gmail.com.

• 1 month later...

Hi Victoria! Congratulations on your wedding and I hope that everything worked out amazing!!! I am getting married on Mariner of the seas this June and would like to know if you can share your onboard wedding experience? And some pictures? I am extremely nervous as every other review I read is related to a horrible experience.

I greatly appreciate your comments or advice .

L.C

Hi Victoria,

I will be having a cruise wedding as well on the Harmony of the Seas but we will be getting married in St. Thomas so it will not be through RCI. I would still love to connect with you and here more about your planning process on some logistics and here more about your wedding after as well! If you'd be open to chatting please feel free to email me at caitlinr1020@gmail.com.

I want in on the convo lol. I'm getting married in Nassau so not through RCI, but my reception and dinner will be on board.

1) We love to vacation!

Congrats again. Wou;d love to hear all about it.

• 2 months later...

I got married on Oasis on 4/17/17 and it was amazing! We did not go through the wedding department as we didn’t want the hassle of the Bahamian wedding license or cost. We had a symbolic ceremony that a friend conducted onboard in the comedy club (who knew the red background would make for some great pictures!!!). We contacted the groups department and had a photographer for the ceremony and group shots and a photographer for pictures before the ceremony. Wish they were the same person but it wasn’t. All of the photos we have are absolutely beautiful and we love them, only wish we had less outside but no big deal! We were in contact with the groups coordinator on the ship on day 1, wedding was day 2, and she was great and came to the event and helped as much as she could (we didn’t really need help so was nice she was there). We paid for everyone to eat at Chops, had a group of 25 so had to wait for the tables to be ready and had two separate reservations with a span of like 15 minutes. Definitely learned to go with the flow! Let me know if anyone has a questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
Hi Victoria,

Hi Crisercaitvt,

I will also be getting married while in port at St Thomas. Did you end up being able to have your wedding, I know this was right after the hurricanes. If so, how did everything turn out?

• 3 weeks later...
Congrats! I was on Harmony of the Seas last year and now I really want to get married on that ship but so many negative reviews make me so hesitant but still hasn't completely scared me off just yet!

If this is something you want to do, I recommend it! It is a lot of work (and frustrating) to get to the right people over the phone but it was the best trip I could have asked for!! I didn’t go through the royal weddings and it was perfect! I coordinated everything with the groups department. I didn’t know a lot of the details until we got onboard but you just have to go with the flow. Their photographers are amazing and will take care of you! I’ve added a couple of my pictures below. 3d76400e4362a20774e545ab3db9796a.jpg2c5472417726e34e2f0db6b228b9cadc.jpg

• 1 month later...
Hi Crisercaitvt,

I will also be getting married while in port at St Thomas. Did you end up being able to have your wedding, I know this was right after the hurricanes. If so, how did everything turn out?

We actually are getting married in less than 30 days now! Everything is all set and we are getting married through Island Bliss Wedding. Janelle - the wedding coordinator has been amazing so far and made the planning process so easy! I will post back to this thread and perhaps start a thread of my own after the wedding and share my tips!