Escape Info/Tips

bbryan5

So we've been on a bunch of NCL cruises.. sailed the Jewel, Gem, Breakaway, and the Dawn. We will be aboard the Escape in May, and was just trying to get some info on it. I've been doing a lot of reading online, but I was looking for some insider tips.. I'd love to hear about your favorite restaurants, shows, common areas, bar tenders, meals, etc.. If you'd care to share any tips, tricks, or secrets about the Escape, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

It's only been a few hours since you posted and it's a holiday so there isn't much traffic. However, there is a ton of great reviews, pictures, etc out there that have already discussed what you are asking. Click on the "research" tab at the top of the page and get some info while you are waiting on answers here.

Merry Christmas.

Spend the extra $ for a Thermal Spa pass. You won't regret it. It's a place for total relaxation and quiet.

Or check to see what the upgrade to Spa cabin costs. We paid a little less doing it this way.

In any event Spa was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have the drink package, you can drink on the waterfront at the 5 'oclock somewhere bar and the Cellars wine bar for no additional cost... All of the restaurants that have seating on the waterfront are "for fee" establishments.

Are there any restaurants or bars to eat/drink on the “waterfront” that aren’t extra cost?

I agree with another poster that suggested using an SDP credit at Pincho Tapas. One of the best meals on the ship. And, most definitely try Food Republic at least once.

Excellent info! Thanks! Getting back to your other comment, about bars on the waterfront, are 5 O'clock and Cellars the only bars on the Waterfront? I remember on the Breakaway they had a really cool bar called Maltings (I think) on the Waterfront, and it was a great hangout

Thats unfortunate that the food places are fee-only on the waterfront. Is it a flat rate cover charge or can you order a la carte? For example just an appetizer.

Also, I am having a debate about tHis with someone. Is it pronounced “EScape” or “EXcape”?

Some of the waterfront restaurants are a la care. You will need a reservation.

The word is Escape with an S. It’s pronounced escape, just like it’s spelled. There is no X sound.

If you have the drink package, you can drink on the waterfront at the 5 'oclock somewhere bar and the Cellars wine bar for no additional cost... All of the restaurants that have seating on the waterfront are "for fee" establishments.

Really ?....what a disappointment, probably need to fight for a seat, and we thought it was totally open to anyone with no fee:mad:

You can use the seats on the waterfront during the day at your leisure. The restaurants don't open until 5:30 in the afternoon...

Really ?....what a disappointment, probably need to fight for a seat, and we thought it was totally open to anyone with no fee:mad:

they should be tons of other seating options on the waterfront. the whole entire outside deck has chairs, tables and chairs and loungers if the ship is similar to the breakaway