Twice daily cabin service?

ChicagoCrafter

I'm not sure if the system is set up fleet wide yet, but on embarkation days for both of our most recent cruises (Glory and Sunshine), our steward introduced himself to us, and gave us a form with allowed us to select either morning service, evening service, or twice daily service. While the twice daily option was clearly available as a selection on the form, one of the stewards (on the Glory) sold once-daily service very hard, and pushed back a bit when I selected twice daily service. I relented, and selects morning service, but most days on both cruises, the cabin was serviced twice daily. JH insists that twice daily service is still the norm, but don't be surprised if your steward tries to convince you to request either morning or evening. For us, twice daily service is nice, but not really needed.

Evening turndown service is listed as a cabin amenity on the Carnival website. We like and receive morning service and nightly turndown regardless of what a steward may indicate to the contrary.

ALL THE PERKS. IN EVERY ROOM.

With all this comfort and all these standard features,

you've gotta try real hard to get homesick on a Carnival cruise.

• 24–hour room service
  • 24–hour room steward
  • Soft, cozy linens (Carnival Comfort Collection®)
  • Personal safe for valuables

• Nightly turndown service
  • Plenty of closet and drawer space
  • Private bathroom and shower

• Television
  • Individual climate control
  • Telephone

Carnival cutting back on cabin stewards shouldn't have any impact on the passenger's desires. If the steward pushes you toward once a day then it might be time to push back. Call guest Services while he or she is insisting on once a day and let them handle it.

The turn down service is a nice touch. It seems all they do, other than turn down the covers, is add a scoop of ice to the bucket, and put a towel animal somewhere. They are not cleaning the bathroom again. But they would remove room service trays and hopefully take away used towel, etc.

Honestly I would be fine without turn down, but it is nice to come back from dinner to a more tidy cabin. So given the option I would choose both services.

On our last cruise (over a year ago), when we met with the room steward he really tried to sell us hard on the "once a day" service. Yes, twice is an option, but told us repeatedly how it "really wasn't necessary" to have twice a day cabin service. We prefer twice a day and that's what we told him, but he made it awkward. I didn't appreciate that.

Your room steward is included in the price of the cruise along with food, cruise director, entertainers, and the muster drill. The cruise line also charges each room a suggested tip for the service.

I would always ask for twice a day service, and I do not hesitate to politely mention any additional service required.

With the current unpleasant need for additional security in hotels, I feel a twice daily visit by staff is better to keep trouble at bay.

Wer always request Twice daily service as we do not reuse towels and shower at least twicew a day when cruising and going on shore excursions. We had a little pushback on the last two but informed the cabin steward we have always received both and will continue to do so and then politely asked for their Business Card. Serviced twice a day no further questions asked.

Is evening service only a turn down type service, or can once a day be in the evening when they do the entire room? In other words, if we want once a day service only, would it need to be in the morning or could it be in the evening?

Thanks,

Janet

Is evening service only a turn down type service, or can once a day be in the evening when they do the entire room? In other words, if we want once a day service only, would it need to be in the morning or could it be in the evening?

Thanks,

Janet

I have been asking for evening service and that is what they did

I asked for both on the Paradise two weeks ago and did get some push back from the steward. I relented and agreed to towels in the morning and service in the evening. It really is all I need, but I will always miss what steward service was like when I got hooked on cruising.

Yes, you can still have your steward service your room twice each day. I am glad that we now have the option of picking just one time. We pick morning service and it is much more convenient for us! In the past we would put out the Do Not Disturb sign in the evenings, but now we don't have to worry about remembering to put it out before we go to dinner or a show.

To be honest, I miss the days when you didn't have to worry about it. You walked in your cabin and was never asked about service and it was just done twice a day. I have had issues one time when the steward asked if I just wanted morning or evening and I said both. I know its Carnivals fault and not the steward, but when I see so many people say they get guff when asking for both it irritates me. Asking the guest for one of the three should be universal and well as when the guest ask for both their shouldn't be an attitude back to the guest. Just wish it went back to the old times so you don't have to feel bad, or get an attitude for asking for both. :( Just my thoughts.

We are happy with once a day. In the evening. My sister worked 3-11 shift and got accustomed to being up very late and sleeping very late. So getting her out of bed before noon except for early excursions is a pain. Always felt guilty not allowing the steward in for AM service. So evening only suits us fine. EM