MSC Seaside Yacht Club Review and Pics!

eroller

I was thinking about it then made reservation for Oceanview. After your review, I called my agent and ask to move back to YC Deluxe. Thanks for great review.

You won’t regret it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's an older thread but I just read it today and I'd like to add my thanks to eroller for his review. As someone who has only ever cruised on Princess, I found this review incredibly informative and has me looking forward to my first MSC cruise in November of 2019. Can't wait to experience the YC environment for myself.

I know it's an older thread but I just read it today and I'd like to add my thanks to eroller for his review. As someone who has only ever cruised on Princess, I found this review incredibly informative and has me looking forward to my first MSC cruise in November of 2019. Can't wait to experience the YC environment for myself.

Thanks so much! So pleased that people are still enjoying the review and finding it informative.

You have only cruised on Princess and now you have booked the YC for November?? PREPARE TO HAVE YOUR WORLD ROCKED!!!:cool:

Also have to say thanks for your review and the amazing photos! I am sailing on her sister ship the MSC Seaview in 44 Days, and it was so nice to see the photos and get an excellent idea of what to expect. This is my first MSC cruise and I had booked an interior cabin on deck 10, but after reading so much on this site about MSC I jumped and switched to an accessible Yacht Club cabin. Can not wait to sail her.

• 4 weeks later...

Great review and great photos!!!!!

Does the pool area for Seaside Yacht club have any loungers in an area with shade? We sailed Yacht Club on the Divina, and all chairs were in the sun. We noted this on our comment sheet at the end of our cruise a couple years ago, hoping they would consider this during Seaside's construction.

I am so glad I found this review. Great job as always Ernie. Have not yet looked at all the pics. Glad you had a great time and found your experience positive. I was going to book Seaside but got cold feet from some of the reviews.

I am so glad I found this review. Great job as always Ernie. Have not yet looked at all the pics. Glad you had a great time and found your experience positive. I was going to book Seaside but got cold feet from some of the reviews.

So glad you enjoyed it! It’s kind of old now. Overall I really liked the ship but now it’s on to other things. I’m most excited about Celebrity Edge which I’m booked on in Feb, and Virgin Voyages which I put an advanced deposit on. No kids. Is that ever appealing to me!

So glad you enjoyed it! It’s kind of old now. Overall I really liked the ship but now it’s on to other things. I’m most excited about Celebrity Edge which I’m booked on in Feb, and Virgin Voyages which I put an advanced deposit on. No kids. Is that ever appealing to me!

Did you experience any of the negative stuff many reported on. No doubt its a beautiful ship but the entertainment does not look great IMHO.

Did you experience any of the negative stuff many reported on. No doubt its a beautiful ship but the entertainment does not look great IMHO.

I loved the entertainment. My only real complaint was the food and presentation which should have been to a higher standard in the Yacht Club. Also getting back on the ship in the various ports took too long. The security staging areas onboard the ship are not large enough and it was a slow process. Too much standing in line in the hot sun to re-board the ship. Otherwise I was quite pleased with the ship. Oh and the dismal storage in the cabins. That should not even be an issue as the cabins are plenty big enough for more storage. Just poorly designed.

Ernie, is most of the entertainment cirque-type?

DH and I are pretty tired of that......we've seen so many cirque type shows, that once someone starts hanging from the curtains we leave (we sit in the back).

Las Vegas isn't investing in any more of those type shows.

Please tell me there's more to the shows than that.

I loved the entertainment. My only real complaint was the food and presentation which should have been to a higher standard in the Yacht Club. Also getting back on the ship in the various ports took too long. The security staging areas onboard the ship are not large enough and it was a slow process. Too much standing in line in the hot sun to re-board the ship. Otherwise I was quite pleased with the ship. Oh and the dismal storage in the cabins. That should not even be an issue as the cabins are plenty big enough for more storage. Just poorly designed.

Good to know. I am dying to try their pizza LOL I heard its SO GOOD. This was supposed to be my next cruise but got cold feet with some of the reviews. But for the price you cant beat it. From what I have seen from the NCL Bliss I got excited and booked NCL Encore instead for Feb 2020. But I may sneak in this MSC cruise after all. I love MSC pricing. Their website is confusing though. I cant believe how expensive everything got on NCL. Drinks used to be 8.95 a few years ago. Now they are 12.95 plus 20% gratuity :o I love how MSC matches reward programs too.

Ernie, is most of the entertainment cirque-type?

DH and I are pretty tired of that......we've seen so many cirque type shows, that once someone starts hanging from the curtains we leave (we sit in the back).

Las Vegas isn't investing in any more of those type shows.

Please tell me there's more to the shows than that.

No they were not as Cirque-like as on DIVINA. There were some aspects that were Cirque-like but they also had more of a storyline and theme if I remember correctly. One night there was even an Opera that I thought was pretty cool.

Good to know. I am dying to try their pizza LOL I heard its SO GOOD. This was supposed to be my next cruise but got cold feet with some of the reviews. But for the price you cant beat it. From what I have seen from the NCL Bliss I got excited and booked NCL Encore instead for Feb 2020. But I may sneak in this MSC cruise after all. I love MSC pricing. Their website is confusing though. I cant believe how expensive everything got on NCL. Drinks used to be 8.95 a few years ago. Now they are 12.95 plus 20% gratuity :o I love how MSC matches reward programs too.

Believe it or not I never tried the pizza!

I've sort of written off NCL for a bit. Just got tired of the never ending price gouging. Every cruise the drink prices went up, there were extra fees, and speciality restaurants became a la carte. It was just getting to be too much and there are too many other cruise lines that seem to value their customers a bit better. I have to agree BLISS looks nice. That reconfigured pool deck is so much more open, and NCL actually removing cabins to make a superb and massive observation lounge. All great improvements. I may even hop on BLISS or ENCORE at some point if the price is right.

Happy cruising!