EXPLORER semi-live May 15-19 REVIEW w/lots of photos

G'morn CC family!

Just about to start my journey from the Vancouver area down to Seattle to embark on Explorer later today for the short "Best of BC" 4-day sailing. I did the same itinerary last year... if you expand my signature below I reviewed that sailing as well with plenty of ideas and thoughts about Victoria and Nanaimo for those that are interested.

P5182357_zpszg0szn1c.jpg

218822_zpsqzsgqonh.jpg

I'm trying something different this time... I hate staying connected when on vacation. I'm connected 24/7 and tied to my phone for work so I've always only posted reviews when I get home. This time I'll have my phone with me and I'll try posting a few photos as I go along this week and if there's any questions I can try answering them while I'm there (no guarantees!!). I'll also post a full review later when I get home (I'm going to try a different format for this as well).

So off I go... bon voyage everyone :D

Have fun..I was going to be on this cruise as a birthday present to myself, but had to cancel. Looking forward to your review. Luckily, I will be on her in Sept. for a Pacific Coast cruise.

We've arrived! The Seattle cruise Park on armoury way is super close and much cheaper than the regular parking lot by about $25 I believe. They had at least 3 shuttles waiting, we got right on. Great device

8f731b2ea6e873455340828d2fb46fc6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, that was about 40min in line and then they had an issue with the computers..... Grrrr

I've never been on board this late.(1.30).

But Finally we are home!!!!

13ce17f0ab4ef3143632408589b77e9c.jpg

Woohoo!!! Going to settle in, head to the room, etc. Ttyl folks

4a8badd5f58a75fef79c802efcd52a51.jpg

But first a MAJOR announcements... Stopped at the Promenade for tea (it's cold here) and I went for my fave cake pop.... No more cake pops... Possibly ever. Desert Menu has changed per the staff. ;(((

6e447a47c5eb427f71444bac122213d9.jpg

I asked if they had the USCG inspection and yet you couldn't tell compared to last year. The WJ was in full swing at 2:30 with a full slate of stations including something I hadn't seen before.... Several items offered by chops, Giovanni's and Izumi, prob trying to get sales. Didn't take pics with iPhone so will mention again in My Normal review later. Quality was not good... If that was my first time trying

"Specialty" food I would not try it again, they failed on that attempt but a great idea.

So where does everyone hang out before muster on a rainy Seattle day? This is the fullest I've seen the Viking Crown

867a24a530beb26a6cc0238ef30747fd.jpg

And the card room/library/all bars totally fu. Never seen anything like it

Well... DL also totally packed. Dl Is checking cards on entry. Having Our DL drink in the Viking crown. No sail away party outside... Weather

Is gross!!

df14626fa4525ec7d10e73f472c5ce38.jpg

fbd0d469c177e51d48921ea34c7891d5.jpg

Graham Seymour totally changed things

This year. There's two shows tonight instead

Of the Normal welcome show. We're dining in Giovanni's. Have a nice night everyone ... Gf wants me to out My Phone down!!! Can't blame her [emoji12]

Also onboard... took us exactly 50 minutes from drop off at 11:37 to get thru checkin (not Pinnacle) and eating on Cafe Promenade. We were worried about last year's mess but decided to head to the port before the rain.

All prepared for outside muster and surprisingly A1 was INSIDE in the Star Lounge. No need for the coat and rain poncho after all. Guess we just got lucky...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm back!!! Just signed up for last 3 days of Voom surf for free using my D+ benefit. Thank you RCL [emoji4]

Last night had a great dinner at Giovanni's... Much better than Jamie's on Harmony: Osso Bucco, Veal, crab ravioli, etc. Production show was "Fast Forward"... 8 out of 10 so pretty good. General Trivia at Schooner.

Today we're heading out to the ocean for

Our sea day. Sunny out in the ocean, still del behind is on land

a2423939fba456a52a9691394688d0e0.jpg

We're on this sailing with you.

Concur that check-in was LONG even for those with super duper elite status.

No evidence of there having been USCG inspections. Windjammer was in full swing by noon.

We noticed that honey-stung chicken is back!

At sea today with gorgeous blue skies above.