Anyway to know layout of OV room?

Island wannabe

we have room E632 (obstructed, but not reallly, OV) on the Crown this summer, and this is the first time we have booked an OV room. I was curious as to the layout of the room, specifically whether the bed was against the window or the wall. I"ve seen video of rooms L101 (bed against window) and E305 (bed against wall), and while I don't know if there is a size difference, the rooms with the bed against the wall seems to make the most of the space available. I have seen photos of the view out the window of E632, but not the actual room.

Has anyone stayed in this room, and remember the bed placement? Just curious, no other reason.:)

My favorite non-balcony cabin! I was in it in March in the Caribbean & last year around S. America.

Yes, the bed is on the wall. The window is big & is about waist high & up.

In S. America, during rainy/windy/cold weather, I could sit by the window & enjoy the scenery. I also sat there leaving some ports & actually photographed penguins on small beaches as we cruised out.

As a solo cruiser, that cabin is my "balcony" that I can't afford otherwise.

My favorite non-balcony cabin! I was in it in March in the Caribbean & last year around S. America.

Yes, the bed is on the wall. The window is big & is about waist high & up.

In S. America, during rainy/windy/cold weather, I could sit by the window & enjoy the scenery. I also sat there leaving some ports & actually photographed penguins on small beaches as we cruised out.

As a solo cruiser, that cabin is my "balcony" that I can't afford otherwise.

That’s so great to hear. Thank you. We normally book balconies because I love sitting and listening to the sounds of the ocean and love watching us come in and out of port. However this year the Mediterranean itineraries are so expensive we decided we would rather cruise in an OV than not cruise. I was also concerned about having a smaller room for 14 days but guess I will need to practice Packing less and doing away with non-essentials such as way too many shoes ;p

Yes, this should have the same layout as a balcony cabin... without the balcony...

Drapes across the wall, and the window.

I believe that most all of these cabins on deck 8 have this layout. I believe that all the cabins for max-2 will !

From what I am guessing, the bed will be against the left wall, backward aft-facing.

I notice that there is a fire-door right there at that cabin. I have heard that it is possible, like during a busy morning with room service carts going back and forth, that one can hear the ka-bump ka-bump as they go over that break in the floor.

We had a similar cabin on the Coral Princess, and enjoyed it.

Happy Cruising!

Yes, this should have the same layout as a balcony cabin... without the balcony...

Drapes across the wall, and the window.

I believe that most all of these cabins on deck 8 have this layout. I believe that all the cabins for max-2 will !

From what I am guessing, the bed will be against the left wall, backward aft-facing.

I notice that there is a fire-door right there at that cabin. I have heard that it is possible, like during a busy morning with room service carts going back and forth, that one can hear the ka-bump ka-bump as they go over that break in the floor.

We had a similar cabin on the Coral Princess, and enjoyed it.

Happy Cruising!

Thank you!

The rule of thumb on Princess is that quad cabins will have beds under the window with upper bunks on the side walls. If the cabin is only for 2, then the cabins will be on the side walls. EM

That is generally true, but there are exceptions. We found E633 on the Saphire had beds under the window and no wall-hung beds.

Saphire-e633-4.jpg.5877ccd14b90691cd719346b17c4fc14.jpg

I am thinking that this is just the stock photo assigned to OV cabins. That is just how it works.

The cabins, or most of the cabins, on Emerald deck will have the layout of a balcony cabin.

It is a stock photo, hence the black "there's no view outside" banner, but methinks their lawyers

would insist they illustrate the typical layout, no?

Especially for the virtual tour link:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/kp-crown-princess/ > Accommodations > Oceanview > 360º