Sip and Sail

welly world

The current "Landmark" sale ends June 19th. I think many believe it will be when that ends. Im waiting also!

Also thinking ... hoping ... the "Sip & Sail" will be next when the "Landmark" sale ends.

Only Princess knows for sure .... :rolleyes:

I booked two cruises under the Sip and Sail last year. The promo started on 6/19/17. I'm not sure when it ended, but it is limited on each cruise.

We re-fared our existing S+S booking to 3 for Free on 9/5/17. That was the first day it was available and S+S ended a few days before 3 for Free.

Searched online and found: The "Sip & Sail" cruise deal runs from 12:00 a.m. PDT on June 20, 2017 through 11:59 p.m. PDT on August 31, 2017 and is available to residents of the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Bermuda. Early booking bonus offer of a free specialty dining for mini-suite and suite bookings made before July 5, 2017“

Edited by Astro Flyer

We are likely screwed on this. We have a 12 day booked in a balcony but can't use the Landmark sale as our cabin has gone up by $500 per person since we booked and that would not only negate the OBC from the sale but the higher price would end up costing more in taxes so we would actually lose. I'm thinking the same will be the case with the Sip and Sail. While I would dearly love to acquire that package (yeah, I drink...) the fact that the cabin is now $1,000 more than we paid will end up negating the benefit of the beverage package. Yes, the "value" of the beverage package would be over $1,600 but the reality is that my wife, on a heavy drinking day, may get up to 5 drinks. This definitely cuts the "value" down a lot. I'm more in the range of 10 drinks and have don't mind more. No, I don't get blotto. I just don't process alcohol well. While it's a bit embarrassing, I have actually filled out my limit twice. Once was when my wife was ill and, even though she had the package (we both did as the Sip and Sail perk) I purchased a drink on my bill and took it to her in the cabin where she was "hiding". The other time I just did it "because". At no time was I blotto nor did the staff even consider cutting me off. They just informed me I had hit the limit and the next drink would be charged. (Although on the cruise where they knew I had "cheated" and taken my wife one of my drinks they did offer to charge the 16th drink to her account. I declined, asked for a San Pellegrino instead, and headed off to bed. After all, it was about 1:00 AM.)

I would dearly love to add some kind or perk to this cruise but as, like I said, the cabin has gone up by $1,000, I don't see much chance of getting a "perk" that is worth the cost. I understand that I "should" just be grateful that we paid less but, like most folks, I want it all. POOP! :(

OMG! What terrible first world problems I have here. It's actually somewhat embarrassing to even think that this "is" a problem. We are so fortunate to live where we do and, even then, to be able to cruise. I'm guessing that there is about a zero percent chance of sympathy and that percentage is well deserved. (I still want it all though!!! :rolleyes:)

Thrak... life is worth living. Tomorrow is another day. Perks are for losers and you are a Winner!

Actually, I agree with you. Just celebrated our 46th anniversary and, as far as I am concerned, I am doing well. :)

Note: I did catch the Gone with the Wind reference there. :)

Thrak,

I am not sure how you are getting screwed because you are paying a lower price?

I am sure Princess would be happy to raise your fares to the point where you could get a benefit by adding PBP.

In the past, Sip & Sail covered balcony or above for cruises sailing the next summer (ie summer 2019) thru the following spring (ie spring of 2020).

Thanks, Paul. I think I've read that if you take this package but don't really want the S&S; you can opt for OBC instead. Do you know how much OBC they would give in lieu of the S&S? Is this typically better than waiting for the 3 for free?

Sorry, can't help with that. We are sort of in the middle drinks wise. We drink enough that the PBP for free is great, but little enough that we would never buy it. We take longer cruises and the value of the S&S increases as the cruise gets longer, but the OBC did not increase at least not enough to think about it.

Thrak,

I am not sure how you are getting screwed because you are paying a lower price?

I am sure Princess would be happy to raise your fares to the point where you could get a benefit by adding PBP.

I didn't say I'm "getting screwed". I said we are likely screwed for getting the perks. There is a difference. In one case it would be saying they are abusing us. In the other it's merely saying we aren't eligible due to other circumstances. I like having the lower price. I just want it all. I certainly don't blame Princess for "rigging" things or anything of that sort. We often book early and watch pricing go up. Sometimes we can book early and get perks as well. A lack of bunches of free OBC or free drinks certainly won't make our cruise any less great. As for having a lower price... When I move the booking to my TA he will knock about 8% off the top for an even better price.

As Joe Walsh says, "I can't complain but sometimes I still do..."

Thanks, Paul. I think I've read that if you take this package but don't really want the S&S; you can opt for OBC instead. Do you know how much OBC they would give in lieu of the S&S? Is this typically better than waiting for the 3 for free?

From an earlier Princess Sip and Sail flyer:

In the event that the guest does not want the beverage package, alternative OBC amounts have been designated. Guests booking sailings 6-9 days can receive $150 per person. Guests booking sailings 10-12 days can receive $200 per person. Guests booking sailings 13 or more days can receive $250 per person.