Nice beach

Bell2805

Hi will be visiting St Lucia on 15th February 16 and looking for advise on beaches. We have previously visited and used Rodney Bay also Cosol Tours. We would like to try another Beach this time. What are you comments on Pigeon Point/ Island ? We are looking for a beach with sunbeds, somewhere to buy refreshments and bathroom facilities etc. ? Or has one got any better suggestions.. Also how much will the taxi cost...

Many Thanks

Bell's

Hi will be visiting St Lucia on 15th February 16 and looking for advise on beaches. We have previously visited and used Rodney Bay also Cosol Tours. We would like to try another Beach this time. What are you comments on Pigeon Point/ Island ? We are looking for a beach with sunbeds, somewhere to buy refreshments and bathroom facilities etc. ? Or has one got any better suggestions.. Also how much will the taxi cost...

Many Thanks

Bell's

Pigeon island is a great location for rest and relaxation. It is close enough to the cruise port and not as busy as other beaches. It is $35.00 one way up to 4 persons for taxi with a $7.00 pp entrance fee with chairs. Drive is only 30 minutes. There's natural shade so no need for umbrellas. I like to visit early when I am planning to hike the fort as the sun can make the hike trying. There is a small reef for snorkeling, snuba is done there, jet ski's. The Jambe de Bois restaurant is good for a light lunch and drinks. There is also some local restaurants right outside that serve local fare. Smokey the fruit boat comes around often with pineapple and coconuts with rum, fresh fruits. He will also top you up for free. Great pineapples! I believe there are some local tour operators who offer tours to Pigeon island Barefoot, Serenitytvl, St. Lucia Reps. Enjoy this beach is fabulous!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking into

https://www.theromanticholiday.com

You can go to the website and request information... looks like around $45 for 1/2 day... $105 for a full day... they have other options also. Looks beautiful and was recommended in another post. see... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2348909

:)

the new beach facility open on the vigie beach right opposite the GFL airport is great for cruiseship passengers wanting to spend the day at the beach, within 3minutes from the port is ideal for you and your family etc bathroom and shower facility available.15327784_1326856344005300_130263841_n.jpg?oh=58bb68dc61f911833b0f729994c313b4&oe=584302D7

Can you walk to vigie beach from the cruise Port?

Is it an easy and safe walk?

It's a very easy, flat safe walk over to Vigie Beach. Hang a left out of the port areas, follow the highway to the airport, head right to the end of the airport, loop around and come back down the road between airport and the sea till you come to the boardwalk area...

Glad to see its finally open Castro1n3.... Been a long time coming.. It will really be a boon to the area.... Thanks for letting us know...

super im happy to hear. and remember the directions to the new facility is below

data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x0:0x69bcb9ab7a32470e!2m2!1d-60.9951789!2d14.0144104!1m5!1m1!1s0x8c4067ae20f45209:0x221adc75c0f82862!2m2!1d-60.993056!2d14.02?hl=en

Castro - took a visit by this afternoon. Your sign is a great touch for CruiseCritic folks to find you.

The boardwalk is great. Here's hoping it helps boost business on the beach and proves successful for you vendors and beachgoers alike. Great benefit for that beach.

Well done!

I'm looking into

https://www.theromanticholiday.com

You can go to the website and request information... looks like around $45 for 1/2 day... $105 for a full day... they have other options also. Looks beautiful and was recommended in another post. see... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2348909

:)

This is what we're doing in January. :)

Thanks for the information on Vigie Beach. I was trying to figure out what to do on St. Lucia. I've been there a couple of times and have taken a tour of the island and been to the market place. This time I will have my daughter and granddaughter with me. I was considering Pigeon Island but would rather spend the time and money at the beach than in a cab. It seems walkable, but I wouldn't walk with a nine year old carrying towels and stuff so I assume a taxi would be fairly reasonable. Then maybe after we've had our fill of the beach we will have a cab bring us to the market place, where I know it's an easy walk back to the ship. We will be on the carnival fascination on January 12.

Thanks for the information on Vigie Beach. I was trying to figure out what to do on St. Lucia. I've been there a couple of times and have taken a tour of the island and been to the market place. This time I will have my daughter and granddaughter with me. I was considering Pigeon Island but would rather spend the time and money at the beach than in a cab. It seems walkable, but I wouldn't walk with a nine year old carrying towels and stuff so I assume a taxi would be fairly reasonable. Then maybe after we've had our fill of the beach we will have a cab bring us to the market place, where I know it's an easy walk back to the ship. We will be on the carnival fascination on January 12.

Cabs are readily available at the port. And should be approximately $10-12us one way to Vigie Beach.

The new boardwalk is lovely a great addition to the area. I'm sure you'll enjoy. The beach itself had always been beautiful with calm swimming waters, loads of shade, long long stretch of beach.

Taxis seemed quite avaluable to take you back - you're also right across from the airport, so easy to grab a taxi there also.

Enjoy.

Thank you reedprincess and castro1n3, I really appreciate your tips and help. Each island has its beauty and charm and we are only there for a short time, it's hard to decide what to do. I will look for you on the beach in a few weeks castro1n3.

reedprincess bless up, yes i had to stand out. but thank you so much for just mentioning it. im personally there on saturday n sundays.

ARe there lots of waves or is Vigil beach calm ? Is there a big drop off to get in the water?

Taxi price from both ports? We will be there in February.

Thanks Ontario Cruiser

ARe there lots of waves or is Vigil beach calm ? Is there a big drop off to get in the water?

Taxi price from both ports? We will be there in February.

Thanks Ontario Cruiser

Vigie is generally quite calm as its a protected, although large, bay. Not a big drop off when getting in/out, it's a fairly gentle slope...

Much, of course, depends on Sea conditions at the time, and recent sea conditions as the bottom can change if it's been rough, etc.

But in general, great swimming beach....

Enkoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Vigie Beach closer to Castries Harbor or Soufriere Bay?

Are there chairs and umbrellas to rent?

Some folks have commented that vendors at Reduit Beach are the most aggressive that they have ever seen. I don't mind saying "no" to folks, but not every couple of minutes. What are the vendors like at Vigie Beach?

vigie is closer to castries, it is in castries. and there are only 2 beach chair vendors currently and 6 kitchen booths with drinks etc. wash room and shower facility as well.

Thank you my friend. It looks as though after several false starts, that we have found something that meets our needs. We shall be there on a Saturday and shall have to look you up. What do you sell or service do you provide at the beach?

• 2 weeks later...
no sorry there are none, but maybe printing out this will help...

data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m19!1m13!4m12!1m6!1m2!1s0x8c4067abfb493aaf:0x69bcb9ab7a32470e!2sCruise+Ship+Terminal,+Saint+Lucia!2m2!1d-60.9951789!2d14.0144104!1m3!2m2!1d-60.9947835!2d14.0205862!3e0!3m4!1s0x8c4067b1ff53f6ff:0x293d66da24874929!8m2!3d14.0190917!4d-60.996199

were right across the air strip.

Walking directions have been spelled out in many precious posts about Vigie Beach, a quick search will bring then up. Essentially, hang a left out of the cruise port, follow the highway to the airstrip, turn right to end of airstrip, cross over and walk back down along the beach..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi castro1n3,

Thank you for sharing the update on improvements made to Vigie Beach! We will walk from the Princess ship dock to Vigie Beach. Will venues be open at 9 am? Where do I find beach chairs and umbrellas for rent and what is the cost?

Thank you for your help!!

Geri