Nice beach

Bell2805

Hi. I was on St. Lucia last Wednesday, January 11. My party of 4 and 2 friends wanted to go to Vigie beach. I asked the cab dispatcher guy how much it would be and he said $5 each way per person, but was I SURE that was the beach I wanted to go to? That I could go to a much better beach for $7 per person each way. He assured me that it was a very nice beach, calm water, natural shade... and against my better judgement, we went. It was Reduit Beach on Rodney Bay... and I HATED IT! There was no natural shade... or very little... the vendors are relentless (and I have read this before, and now believe it) and the cost for 4 chairs and 2 umbrellas was $40 (though I was able to talk him down to $30). The sea was so rough there were red flags up and we were told not to go in the water. You have to buy your return taxi fare when at the cruise port and I told the driver we wanted to leave at 1:30 but by 11 we had had enough and ended up leaving about noon. We could not relax with people constantly trying to sell us stuff... they would interrupt conversations! I finally told the pot dealer to get the F away from me and my husband and 9 year old granddaughter... that if he came by me again I was calling the cops. It was hot and we couldn't go in the water. The facilities we were told were there are the bathrooms of the resort that's there, which I felt funny using, but you do what you have to. Also, there was no food there, except for the expensive restaurant attached to the resort but there were people selling sodas and beers.

So fair warning people that want to go to Vigie... don't let the dispatcher talk you into a different beach. And WHY do they do that???

Even my daughter said if we have a stop on this island again, we are STAYING ON THE SHIP!

good morning Castro! It sounds as if your beach is a good spot for us. We will be in St.Lucia on Feb. 12, a Sunday. Can you clarify that there are no pushy vendors strolling the beach? Nothing annoys me more when I'm trying to relax. What color are YOUR chairs so I know I'm going to the right guy?

hi user lupy48 currently no vendors offering anything for sale. i have the beach chairs with the white straps. your name will be on the board so look out for it. vigie beach

Hello castro1n3,

It was in great part thanks to reedprincess that we will be enjoying Vigie Beach.

I've always wanted to see my name posted by a beach... :D

My husband Tom and I (Colleen) will be there on February 23rd, a Thursday, so we won't get to meet... We will definitely appreciate two chairs!

We will enjoy your lovely bit of paradise SOON!:)

GT

Sounds like the kind of place for us!

Still deciding what to do in St Lucia but think a beach is for us that day.

Would love to know what more recent visitors to the beach think about it - we don't like to be hassled whilst at the beach and a bit concerned about one or two reports about vendors and dodgy fellas!!

Castro - sounds like a good set up there !:) Are these sunbeds only available at weekends or does someone else run the show during the week ?

Thank you. I will keep updated as to if we will be going to Vigie Beach or not. Our first choice was Anse Chastanet but that doesn't sound doable time wise or money wise from Castries.

yes there are now. great news, your coming. looking forward to having you. ive noted your date and will put your user name on my chalk board look out for it also my chairs have white straps. till then best regards
Edited by Mommy oooo

Castro, My husband and I are coming Thursday, March 2 and would like 2 chairs. We are not early risers so will our chairs still be available noonish? What is the cost for the chairs? Sounds like a beautiful beach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We did end up at the Rendezvous Resort on St Lucia 1/21. We took a cab for $13 from the port. It was around $60 pp for 6 hrs but they had a few other options. The plan we paid for included drinks and lunch. We easily found 2 chairs under a palm tree. There were water toys available for use, a couple of beautiful pools and the beach. The grounds were lovely! The beach didn't have that pure white sand and aqua colored water...but it was lovely. Drinks from the restaurant bar were much better than the ones at the beach bar. There are no children on this beach other than a few local kids who were enjoying the water. Lunch was a buffet and very good with a variety of chicken, beef and fish. We decided to walk back to the ship which took maybe 20 mins. There were sidewalks the entire way. I would highly recommend this as a beach option for those who are looking for a quiet day on the beach. I would also consider this as a resort to visit for an extended stay!!

This looks like a relaxing way to Spend a few hours and a welcome break from the pushy vendors elsewhere. We plan to come on February 7 and will look for your white chairs.

Sorry for the double post. I put the wrong date the first time and couldn't figure out how to edit! :)

Edited by lv2BonBoard

Another vote for Vigie Beach and Castro. He took excellent care of us last month. Bathrooms and food/drink stands are available. When I was in the bathroom, a sudden rain shower popped up. Castro ran down and helped me darling wife get our belongings under cover.

Hey Castro,sounds like your beach is the one for us! Last year when we were at St. Lucia, I had no desire to come back. The cab drivers on the streets outside the cruise port were so pushy. We got back on the ship without even going to a beach. Now that I know there is a beach closeby, we would like to reserve 2 chairs on Feb. 20. We will be on Grandeur also.

Sorry not to meet you that day.

Cheers,

Susan

We will there February 20th on the Grandeur of the Seas You mentioned a current. Is there an undertow?

It is easy to get in the water. We will be arriving early in the morning

Sherrill & David Smith

Castro can you reserve 2 chairs we will be there fairly early in the morning

Thanks Sherrill Smith