Wearing the same long dress on more than one night

Bartswife

as the heading says, is it acceptable to wear the same dress a couple of nights, I have bought a lovely long black beaded dress and want to enjoy wearing it!!! I have three short cocktail dresses as well as dressy slacks and tops so will have enough to have something different each night but our cruise is the only time I'm going to get to wear it,

Are you worried that someone you have never heard of or spoken to may tell someone a thousand miles from where you live that they saw a woman wear the same dress twice? Because if so, stop worrying. They won't know it's you.

I say go for it and wear your dress as many times as you want to.

On our last cruise I took 3 long dresses because we had 3 formals but wore one of them twice and did not wear the 3rd at all. The reason I did this was I wore the black one ( my favourite ) on the first formal night not thinking about later in the cruise so on the black and white night I was stuck with a royal blue long dress which I did not want to wear that night. I never considered that anyone might be interested enough in me to note what I was wearing.

Enjoy your cruise and don't worry about other people's opinions.

OVer the years I've trimmed my formal clothes down to one black long dress, and various evening trousers and tops. No-one notices, or if they do, then they're probably not my sort of people. I go for the itinerary, not the dressing up, and find others who think the same. These limited outfits cover each formal evening on a month's cruise.

I have long dresses from previous cruises a few years ago, do a lot of ladies still adhere to wearing long dresses. I have got a few cocktail dresses that I am going to take for formal nights, still considering whether to take a long dress help!.

I have long dresses from previous cruises a few years ago, do a lot of ladies still adhere to wearing long dresses. I have got a few cocktail dresses that I am going to take for formal nights, still considering whether to take a long dress help!.

I personally don’t wear long dresses as I’m very short! So always worn a cocktail style dress and haven’t felt out of place. I have noticed many ladies in long dresses also so I really think it’s up to your personal taste.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To everyone who has answered my question with genuine help - Thankyou.

I thought this forum was intended to help people especially first timers like me so I'm disappointed to find amongst the helpful posters people who post unkind comments like the one about me not being anyone of importance, believe me I know I'm not I am however a sensitive person and I asked the question in order for me to not feel awkward if I had been in the position of wearing the same dress twice. I know in future not to ask such silly questions and risk having unpleasantness in response. I'm a member of another holiday forum whose advice gave us the best holiday we've ever had and I was hoping for the same from here but some people think they are being witty when I see it as just plain nasty.

To everyone who has answered my question with genuine help - Thankyou.

I thought this forum was intended to help people especially first timers like me so I'm disappointed to find amongst the helpful posters people who post unkind comments like the one about me not being anyone of importance, believe me I know I'm not I am however a sensitive person and I asked the question in order for me to not feel awkward if I had been in the position of wearing the same dress twice. I know in future not to ask such silly questions and risk having unpleasantness in response. I'm a member of another holiday forum whose advice gave us the best holiday we've ever had and I was hoping for the same from here but some people think they are being witty when I see it as just plain nasty.

Most people here are very polite and helpful.

I hope my nobody cares comment didn’t cause offence, I didn’t mean it in an insulting way just a reassuring way, but in the absence of a [emoji4] I see it might have sounded a bit pointed, which wasn’t intended! Have a good cruise and don’t worry!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums