What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Well I sail the 11th and thought for sure they would be pulling the inventory and accepting bids late yesterday. Nope still waiting inventory still there. NCL is holding out surely today has to be the day. Cruise before us posts said they were upgraded Monday. So they do not have a set schedule except as they state notification no later than 2 days prior to cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm on a high demand March cruise too. I just noticed all the Havens sold out. I low-balled my bid and kept increasing when I noticed a lot of inventory left. Last night, I noticed there was one left. Learned my lesson on that. I would bet its best to just come in at "Fair" and slowly increase your bids on a high demand sailing. Because, even at Fair, you're still only paying, or would have been paying in my case, about 60% of the going rate. But you also have to weigh the fact that a couple of thousand dollars can buy your family a decent land-based vacation. I like to go on as many vacations as possible. Ha.

We are on the Breakaway last week of March. We are currently in a large balcony room. Received my email 3 days ago and bid on a Haven forward facing penthouse with balcony. Minimum bid was $400 for 2 guests, so a total of $800 minimum. I bid $430/ person for a total of $860. I hope this bid gets accepted. The more i read about the Haven, the more I think I need it! I'm dying to know if/ when it will be accepted so if anyone can answer my question that would be great!!

Watch out - it is nearly impossible to go back and cruise with the masses after being in the haven!! ;)

• Like 1

The cruise I'm on is also sold out of Haven but I can still modify my bid for a Haven cabin. Why would that be ? I can bid more for something they don't have. Why wouldn't the offer just say bidding closed or no longer available ?

There are many reasons a cabin class will appear as sold out on the website - mock bookings, a group blocks off a number of rooms, a TA blocks off a batch or single rooms etc.

With cancellations and upgrades rooms come and go right up until last boarding call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another question. I am in a BB balcony cabin. My upgrade options to bid on were all Haven cabins. Why couldn't I bid on a spa cabin ? There are lots of those available. Is a spa cabin considered more than a two cabin upgrade even though they are less expensive ?

Also, anyone know the difference between Sold Out and Not Available? Before I saw the Haven Aft room we were bidding on was sold out. Now its Not Available. Interesting. I know when we looked at mini suites with large balconies on deck 8 there were some Not Available because they only slept 3 and not 4. But the Haven Aft rooms we were looking at all looked like they slept 4.

so if you are in a window room you will never get the chance to bid on a suite or haven, right? since 2 categories up would be balcony and mini-suite.

given that i was able to upsell from a window to a haven room on my last cruise, this is a downer. we prefer to book windows (which we can be happy with) as they are often much cheaper than a balcony.

the bidding process probably makes more money for NCL, but not sure how its easier for NCL unless its all computer generated/automated. seems crazy that a first timer in a balcony room could potentially get a nice bid offer for haven over someone who is platinum plus in a window room.

I have only read on these boards about being able to bid only two categories up. I don't know if that is actually a policy of NCL.

Quote from NCL Upgrade Advantange terms and conditions:

4. Upon receipt of an Invitation, you may submit a Bid on up to two categories higher than your current class of service category for the original itinerary booked

https://www.ncl.com/content/upgrade-advantage-terms

Edited by norway olin

Got my bid accepted for an H6 sailing Sat on Escape my bid was low fair area I was in a comped CAS spa minisuite. Can't wait for the Haven Aft Penthouse! This was my 3rd successful upsell since Oct! First on the bidding process.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello all and thanks in advance. So I'm not 100% clear how the bidding works. How do I go about this in NCL site? Me and the wife are getting ready to book the Breakaway leaving from NYC end of April 17'. Any tips advice would be great..thanks again. Much appreciated.

anyone? Thx

anyone? Thx

You will get an email after your booked. As long as you are booking directly with NCL. Some travel agents participate but it doesn't seem like many.

You will need to be originally booked in a balcony or higher to be offered haven for bidding.

anyone? Thx

You will receive an email from NCL if you are selected to bid. Normally it's somewhere between 30-60 days out. From the boards I have read that not everyone gets these emails and if you don't you aren't able to bid. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OK so there's lots of talk about this new upgrade bid system that went fleet wide recently.. so Im wondering

- what offer everyone received

-what cabin do you have now?

-did you bid ?

- if you don't mind telling what did you bid

- was it accepted

-how long did it take to get accepted?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

So it not looking good for me at all im 3 week out from my sailing and haven is sold out unless someone cancel I doubt I will be upgraded .. when I look at my sailing damn near the whole boat is sold out .. I do have a question do you thinking the inside and balcony rooms rates will go down within the next 2 weeks .. I have a few friends that will like to join us but the inside room is more then What I paid for a haven right now it's crazy

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

You will get an email after your booked. As long as you are booking directly with NCL. Some travel agents participate but it doesn't seem like many.

You will need to be originally booked in a balcony or higher to be offered haven for bidding.

Just FYI:

I booked with a very large online agency. They told me they participate and if they saw an email for me they would let me know.

Late this afternoon, I received my boddkng upgrade email directly from NCL.

I sail February 26 on Getaway. I have an H9 already booked.

I just got upgrade emails for both my March 18th and March 25th Epic sailings that were booked through a TA. We have a balcony cabin on the first leg that we're happy with so we're not putting in a bid. The second leg we're in an inside, and have the opportunity to bid on either a balcony or mini-suite. I put in a moderate bid for both categories, and I'll just keep an eye on my credit card to see if I've been awarded the upgrade.

Last time we cruised NCL was in September, and I was able to call the upsell phone number and scored upsells for both those legs for about $100 pp. I was happy then, and I'll be thrilled if we get an upgrade this time.

I never received an email so I called the upbid number given to me by my NCL agent. I called and they told me all the offers. I'm on the NCL DAWN. They gave me a price of $500/pp. I jumped on it. They told me they don't send emails out for all sailings. So try calling.

800 625 4309

:D

Does anyone know if you can withdraw your bid before it has been accepted? If I bid now and let's say 2-3 weeks before sailing I haven't heard anything, can I withdraw my bid?

When does NCL notify you your bid was the winning one? I know that they don't assign the cabin until a few days before sailing.

We are sailing April 27th on the Esacpe. Currently in a Spa Mini Suite. Looking at a Haven Aft Balcony. Currently, the web site shows 7 out of 14 available.

Thanks.

You can call and "negotiate" but only they have only a few suites left as of today for the 3/5 sailing so the negotiations were over pretty much.

I was excited before but much more excited as this is our first Penthouse Suite experience on a cruise [emoji106]