Baltimore check in

pops72106

A time will be listed on your boarding pass.

You can purchase FTTF and get the earliest or just wait and pick a time (various times are posted by the 1/2 hr on line for you to choose).

We try to get a 1230 time so most of the crazy crowd is gone and it is about time for the cabins to be available (1:00)

We have sailed on the Pride 7 times and the earliest time we have ever seen is 12:30. Assuming the ship returns on time, and if you are parking in the terminal's parking lot, the parking lot opens around 11:30ish. It opens once the previous cruiser leave the lot. We drive to Baltimore, but have heard that you can be dropped off at the terminal prior to 11:30 but will not be allowed in the terminal until your assigned time.

Thanks for the replys, I forgot to mention that we are diamond and I didn't do our online check in until last night and were assigned 330-400 check in. We are flying in the day before and will have to be out of our hotel by 11:00.

Thanks for the replys, I forgot to mention that we are diamond and I didn't do our online check in until last night and were assigned 330-400 check in. We are flying in the day before and will have to be out of our hotel by 11:00.

Hi

I does happen that the ship does return late.

Our last cruise was from Baltimore. We weren't allowed into the port area until 3:30 p.m., we did receive an email the day before saying the delay was due to "weather". I believe the ship didn't get in until 2 p.m.

On return from our cruise our ship had to wait in the bay for an extra 2-3 hrs. The port authorities wouldn't let the ship pull in due to high winds. We docked and I was able to get off the ship around 1:30 p.m., we were one of the first off.

Since you are diamond you can check in at any time you don't have to wait until 3:30. If the ship returns on time I would stay at the hotel until check out. I would track the ship earlier in the morning. When you check-in ask if you can have free late check-out, if the ship's on time leave the hotel early if it gets in late delay going to the terminal.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

Cruising in Feb. How do you track the ship? Traveling with 2 young ones and don't want to get to the port and have a long wait. We are platinum so can board when we get there.

Laura

Hi

For our cruise departing, it would seem that Carnival was aware the day before that there would be a delay on the ship's arrival. They (carnival) sent us an email the day before and the morning of embarkation.

On return, it was clearly a decision of the port authority and they likely would have been able to make a determination with only a few hours notice. We were in the bay, only 2 hours from the dock stopped with other ships around, waiting for more than another two hours. I can only imagine that Carnival would have sent emails (I believe some people said they received telephone calls) as soon as they could, but that would have been late notice for people already on route to Baltimore.

hope this helps

Hi

For our cruise departing, it would seem that Carnival was aware the day before that there would be a delay on the ship's arrival. They (carnival) sent us an email the day before and the morning of embarkation.

On return, it was clearly a decision of the port authority and they likely would have been able to make a determination with only a few hours notice. We were in the bay, only 2 hours from the dock stopped with other ships around, waiting for more than another two hours. I can only imagine that Carnival would have sent emails (I believe some people said they received telephone calls) as soon as they could, but that would have been late notice for people already on route to Baltimore.

hope this helps

Thank you.

Being that you are diamond you don't have to wait until 3:30, you can show up at any time. I would monitor the ship's return and go to the terminal about 2 hours after it arrives. Have fun!