Oceania 2015 World Cruise

Andy

But, as hard as it is to believe, I have been wrong before (once) :D

We all remember that one time! :)

How hard could it be to get 684 people from the entire universe to take a 180 day cruise? It's an infinitesimal percentage of the cruising population, much less the population at large.

I am waiting for Nautica itineraries. I am convinced that booking a segment will be almost impossible in a PH and that I would not want to be one of a handful of interlopers in the World Cruise crowd.

We booked our cabin this morning and are thrilled. Have done 3 World Cruises, but this should be the best. Have already posted this on Roll Call. Will want to work with fellow passengers to develop our own tours as O's are very expensive.

Less than 18 months to wait.

We booked our cabin this morning and are thrilled. Have done 3 World Cruises, but this should be the best. Have already posted this on Roll Call. Will want to work with fellow passengers to develop our own tours as O's are very expensive.

You'll be doing a lot of planning!! Have a fabulous cruise.

We all remember that one time! :)

How hard could it be to get 684 people from the entire universe to take a 180 day cruise? It's an infinitesimal percentage of the cruising population, much less the population at large.

I am waiting for Nautica itineraries. I am convinced that booking a segment will be almost impossible in a PH and that I would not want to be one of a handful of interlopers in the World Cruise crowd.

Yes based on today's activity, I think our hopes of booking a segment (e.g. Ct - Singapore) have dimmed. Will wait and see but we too will anxiously await the Nautica itineraries. Just hope they aren't lending her out after December 22, 2014.

Yes based on today's activity, I think our hopes of booking a segment (e.g. Ct - Singapore) have dimmed. Will wait and see but we too will anxiously await the Nautica itineraries. Just hope they aren't lending her out after December 22, 2014.

We want that same segment.

It's been a staple on Nautica and a sell out in the past. I am hopeful it will be offered again. Hope to see you on that roll call!

We were wait listing this AM but cleared later today

Would love to share some tours with several couples. it should cost less and wont feel like Graylines bus tour

We want that same segment.

It's been a staple on Nautica and a sell out in the past. I am hopeful it will be offered again. Hope to see you on that roll call!

We too want that segment as well as many others. I doubt if we will manage to get on board the Insignia which is a pity as two lots of friends have booked the 180 days and it would have been great to have cruised with them for 35 days at least.

Jennie

We were wait listing this AM but cleared later today

Would love to share some tours with several couples. it should cost less and wont feel like Graylines bus tour

Hey Wannabe doc - Come on over to the roll call that has already started. Can't find it - just go to roll calls then Oceania then Insignia and find the right sailing. Love to have you over there were we can all compare notes on private tours.

Question??? For the 180 day sailing do they have a certain number of cabins up for grabs ie 350 pax or is the whole ship booked at 684 pax? Way unbelievable to me to comprehend a sell out on day 1 for 684 pax.

I have sailed the "R" ships and I do not think I could do 180 days even in a PH..way too close for me. And the more we eat the closer it will become:D

However, I do wish those sailing on this incredible journey , a wonderful lifetime experience.

All inventory was open for sale.

Three times the QE2 sold out nearly 1800 berths in 27 minutes or less.

Pax on a WC seem to have a different mindset. Your cabin is your bedroom.. the rest of the ship.............your living room, dining room, family room, etc. etc. A good friend of mine did a 103 night wc in a 99 sqft inside cabin on the QE2! Yikes! I still can't figure out where she put all her stuff.

Everyone I know who has done a world cruise has told me the same thing.. "it went by so fast!" Every day a different adventure.. even the sea days.

All inventory was open for sale.

Three times the QE2 sold out nearly 1800 berths in 27 minutes or less.

Pax on a WC seem to have a different mindset. Your cabin is your bedroom.. the rest of the ship.............your living room, dining room, family room, etc. etc. A good friend of mine did a 103 night wc in a 99 sqft inside cabin on the QE2! Yikes! I still can't figure out where she put all her stuff.

Everyone I know who has done a world cruise has told me the same thing.. "it went by so fast!" Every day a different adventure.. even the sea days.

And did that answer my question?

Wait List means that the category is sold out, but they realize there will be cancellations so they are still accepting reservations on those categories. As people cancel, those on the Wait List will get offered a room. Sold Out, I assume, means that the Wait List has so many people on it, they are reasonably confident that they would never have so many cancellations that they'd go through the entire Wait List.

So (and this is just an example) if a category has 20 rooms, after the 20 are full maybe they take 10 more reservations on Wait List. Once they then have 30 "reservations" for that category of 20 rooms, they stop adding names to the Wait List because they know from experience that half of the first 20 people that have an actual room won't cancel, so there is no reason to add an 11th person waiting in line.

Technical question - what is the difference between "waitlist' and "sold out"?

Checked the O website this morning and they're showing 4 categories open. The others are either waitlisted or sold out.

Thanks.

That confirms it

PH on any segment is out of the question.

Plea to FDR:

Capetown to Singapore on Nautica 2015

We're there too!!

(P.S. - Laraine - it's handy to have inside connections, I see)

LOL

I am hoping he was serious about that itinerary on Nautica.

OK - 2 cabins booked so far. LOL

And I have friends who will join us -- that's 3.

Not bad for an itinerary that's not even out yet.

LOL

And here is another. Plus possibly friends.

LOL

If he said it will be, it will be - It's a wonderful cruise. We did it two years ago - only hope they will keep Burma in. We lost it and we were very unhappy. Arlene;)

If he said it will be, it will be - It's a wonderful cruise. We did it two years ago - only hope they will keep Burma in. We lost it and we were very unhappy. Arlene;)

I know

But FDR is a funny guy with a dry sense of humor

"Anything for you" could have several different interpretations

I prefer to interpret it as a YES.

Burma is included on the World Cruise segment.