Originally posted by Lisah101
We did have fun and I loved the ports - it was just an observation that I found different on Celebrity than other lines.
Lisa,
Until Century, it appears that you have cruised mainly on Carnival and one
HAL. Every ship line is a bit different; but early on, I learned that if I want to avoid tender lines, I either take a ship excursion, where you get off first, or go later. My enjoyment on cruises stems from doing research on such sites as
cruise critic member reviews (what to avoid like cabin location or arriving later on embarkation to avoid lines); tripadvisor, and others. I have learned from experience and direct observation. I have always had a balcony because my primary enjoyment is seeing the ocean outside and being able to walk out going in and out of port.
We don't go to buffet when we know there will be the most crowds. If we want a seat in the theatre we go a little early or go to the right or left in the
balconies where we always find a good seat. In this way, we navigate around
known crowds, difficulties, et al. For the past 3 cruises on Celebrity, we have had a CC1 balcony. I have not yet cruised in a Suite, only a Mini-Suite on Princess. Never have I experienced any "class" difference. I already know that if I want to have some of these "extras," I am free to pay for a different cabin category.