.Review of world cruise sector to Sydney 2018

Alanxx

Just saw the 2020 QM2 itinerary-Cunard will probably do the same thing between Brisbane and Fremantle-Buyer Beware!;)

Well, that's disappointing. I've never taken a cruise (Cunard or otherwise), but I'm doing my first crossing this August, and I have my eye on the 2020 Hong Kong > Fremantle segment of the world cruise, and would be disappointed if the ship is full of people who don't care to dress up.

Just off QM2 and we are Australian.

First, until someone speaks - how could you possibly know their nationality and therefore judge their dress.

Second, we noted that the variation in formal dressing spread across the ship - Aussie, Brits, Canadians, Americans, Asian - didn’t seem to be one passenger group.

For the OP to judge Australians on three examples (though he might have five) seems very unfair.

There were some beautifully attired Aussies, but you didn’t see these ones as they “blended in”.

Finally, I think it is the job of Cunard itself, not passengers or us on CC to decide and enforce the standard of another persons’ dress.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Newsflash!

Cunard will now inspect passenger's luggage at embarkation points.

Those without a reasonable amount of appropriate attire will be denied boarding.

Pop-up clothing stores will be availble at ports without nearby department stores.

Newsflash!

Those without a reasonable amount of appropriate attire will be denied boarding.

Pop-up clothing stores will be availble at ports without nearby department stores.

I do hope the inspection officers include the Dress Code, as how else will us Aussies possibly know what we need to buy? LOL 🤣

Newsflash!

No tuxedo no embark.:halo::') Strayans exempt.

Just off QM2 and we are Australian.

First, until someone speaks - how could you possibly know their nationality and therefore judge their dress?

Ha! Last year, I met up with a schoolfriend who was visiting the US from Australia. II hadn’t seen here in 40 years. She was traveling with her husband, brother and sister-in-law, whom I had never met.

My eyesight isn’t what it used to be, but I knew it was my friend and her family approaching before I saw her face, purely based on the clothes they were wearing. Their clothing screamed “Australian”.

I can pick an Australian before they speak, if they are wearing a certain type of clothing...

Ha! Last year, I met up with a schoolfriend who was visiting the US from Australia. II hadn’t seen here in 40 years. She was traveling with her husband, brother and sister-in-law, whom I had never met.

My eyesight isn’t what it used to be, but I knew it was my friend and her family approaching before I saw her face, purely based on the clothes they were wearing. Their clothing screamed “Australian”.

I can pick an Australian before they speak, if they are wearing a certain type of clothing...

Would that be a hat with corks attached to repel flies? I find your post rather insulting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would that be a hat with corks attached to repel flies? I find your post rather insulting.

But Puskha, the same applies for other nationalities, Americans in particular stand out due to the way they dress on vacation, especially in European cities.

I guess they would stand out if they were wearing a sari or hijab as some Australians do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bless your heart - I'm sorry that you feel I was insulting you.

I was merely making an observation based on my own personal experiences as an Australian who no longer lives in Australia...

Men in red/ yellow/ bright green or blue / purple pants: Germans on holiday.

Men with sweaters (jumpers / pullovers) in pastel tones slung across their shoulders: Italians

Men with knee length tailored shorts and sneakers with white socks: Americans

As above, but with sandals and socks: Brits or Germans

;p

Ladies with horrible hair: French. (Parisians to be exact. Due to the horrible shower pressure in most apartments)

Ladies with "practical " short hair cuts in unnatural colors: Germans

:p

After 40 years - hmmm what could they possibly be wearing that would scream Australian - [emoji33] over what an American wears 🧐

Pushka, I’m with you on this - I guess we could say we know all Americans cause they will be toting ?? “Money” [emoji385][emoji383][emoji385][emoji383] [emoji23] lol

After 40 years - hmmm what could they possibly be wearing that would scream Australian - [emoji33] over what an American wears ��

Perhaps an outfit from Big W or Lowes, or K Mart, or Harris Scarfe ? But not from Walmart, perhaps one day.:rolleyes:Then we could be part of the people of Walmart.