Beach Limerz reservations?

regg1216

I contacted them yesterday and they wanted reservations (and a deposit) whether you plan on doing a day pass or pay-as-you-go.

They got back to me very quickly and supplied me with a lot of information.

Is this new? We were going to go earlier in the year but our plans got changed. I had several email exchanges with Gail and there was no mention of deposit for PAYG. Is it refundable and how much?

I had only heard of $20 charge for loungers and umbrella with discount if you spent $30 on food and drink. Has all this changed now?

Is this new? We were going to go earlier in the year but our plans got changed. I had several email exchanges with Gail and there was no mention of deposit for PAYG. Is it refundable and how much?

I had only heard of $20 charge for loungers and umbrella with discount if you spent $30 on food and drink. Has all this changed now?

Pay as you go has a $25 deposit required - Jan

That's a lot for a beach bar - $25pp? I presume that is just for a guaranteed lounger, but you can still turn up and take your chances?

Is that through PayPal? non- refundable?

Thanks!

Jan,

Did you choose to pay a deposit or risk it? I'm hoping you got some free wifi cause you will be finishing up when we head down to PR to board.:)

The thing is, if it is cloudy and rainy I would probably not be interested in going and most likely lose at least $50. I think I might just have to drag the family out of bed, check the weather and head over. Worse case scenario we would have to head somewhere else. Guess I should come up with option 2 just in case.

Sheal

I'll let you know in a couple of weeks ... Jan

thanks!

Please report back - that is an awful lot upfront for just a beach bar. I agree with the PP.I know people turn up just for lunch at the restaurant but I think that price will put a lot of people off going for the day.

we plan to just show up also... not sending a 100 deposit for 4 of us for pay as you go... in case we wake up and its not beach weather

• 3 weeks later...

Ok Folks - we just got back from our cruise last night .... We had the most amazing time at Beach Limerz .... it is a little bit of Paradise.

We got the package so had paid $65 to begin with. We opted to have a taxi pick us up and bring us back to the ship. We shared the taxi with people we met on CC boards. We paid the balance and also the driver when we went back to the ship.

Best part (or almost best part) the 4 of us had the beach all to our selves .... loungers and umbrella's and nice sand beach with water that was warm - it was amazing. They met us with rum punches and a bottle of water each. The drinks were very strong and extremely relaxing. Later we had another rum punch and more water.

Everyone that worked there bent over backwards to make sure our day was perfect they were very nice and extremely helpful. The rest rooms were very clean.

The lunch was amazing -- so much food, some a little spicier than others - we had fish, chicken, ribs, rice, salad, and something else that I don't recall right now, we also had dessert .... The food was terrific !!!

I almost did not want to post anything about this beach as I would love to keep it all to myself:D There was one man that walked over from a cruise line beach excursion ... he paid $50 and got a chair...no food, drinks, etc.

Toward the end of the day people started arriving to the bar area ... I believe it is quite popular for dinner.

I love Antigua and this was a perfect way to enjoy a beach day. Jan

Ok Folks - we just got back from our cruise last night .... We had the most amazing time at Beach Limerz .... it is a little bit of Paradise.

We got the package so had paid $65 to begin with. We opted to have a taxi pick us up and bring us back to the ship. We shared the taxi with people we met on CC boards. We paid the balance and also the driver when we went back to the ship.

Best part (or almost best part) the 4 of us had the beach all to our selves .... loungers and umbrella's and nice sand beach with water that was warm - it was amazing. They met us with rum punches and a bottle of water each. The drinks were very strong and extremely relaxing. Later we had another rum punch and more water.

Everyone that worked there bent over backwards to make sure our day was perfect they were very nice and extremely helpful. The rest rooms were very clean.

The lunch was amazing -- so much food, some a little spicier than others - we had fish, chicken, ribs, rice, salad, and something else that I don't recall right now, we also had dessert .... The food was terrific !!!

I almost did not want to post anything about this beach as I would love to keep it all to myself:D There was one man that walked over from a cruise line beach excursion ... he paid $50 and got a chair...no food, drinks, etc.

Toward the end of the day people started arriving to the bar area ... I believe it is quite popular for dinner.

I love Antigua and this was a perfect way to enjoy a beach day. Jan

Thanks for your review. I think we will try it next time we are in Antigua. We almost went last time but changed our mind as we don’t usually eat a lot at lunchtime on a cruise ship day. I think perhaps you can PAYG still?

You said someone came from a cruise ship excursion, does that mean you can walk the length of the Beach to the next Beach bar? Were there any annoying jet skis while you were in the water- that was my main complaint with Coconut Grove.

Thanks for your review. I think we will try it next time we are in Antigua. We almost went last time but changed our mind as we don’t usually eat a lot at lunchtime on a cruise ship day. I think perhaps you can PAYG still?

You said someone came from a cruise ship excursion, does that mean you can walk the length of the Beach to the next Beach bar? Were there any annoying jet skis while you were in the water- that was my main complaint with Coconut Grove.

It seemed to be at the very end of the beach (I believe) didn't get people walking through except that one person. We couldn't see another beach bar/beach with people ... So I'm not sure how far he walked. There were no jet skis etc in the water ... I couldn't see anyone from the beach or in the water. We were told there would be no problem to leave personal belongings on the beach by our loungers .... Jan

It seemed to be at the very end of the beach (I believe) didn't get people walking through except that one person. We couldn't see another beach bar/beach with people ... So I'm not sure how far he walked. There were no jet skis etc in the water ... I couldn't see anyone from the beach or in the water. We were told there would be no problem to leave personal belongings on the beach by our loungers .... Jan

Thanks sounds good!

We will be in Antigua next month and don't wish to pre-pay for what they call PAYG. We may take our chances as well and just show up and hope it isn't crowded. Last time we were in Antigua, we went to Valley Church Beach, which was the most beautiful place I have ever seen. The color of the water was really amazing, and I've been to lots of beaches in the Caribbean. I do recall a drop-off though into the water, and the taxi fare is more expensive, so thinking about trying Beach Limerz. Does anyone know if the beach/water at Beach Limerz in this area of Antigua is similar to Valley Church? I can't find any real good pictures online. I think Valley Church is quite a ways in the opposite direction.

We also just visited Beach Limerz (Thanks Jan!!) and it was an absolutely wonderful day!! Great food, and probably the softest sand we have ever been on. Water was wonderful, and the views were also great. Can't say enough positive things about Gail, who owns this establishment. She checked on us to see if we needed anything and to make sure we were having a great time. Certainly recommend this to anyone coming to Antigua!!

We also just visited Beach Limerz (Thanks Jan!!) and it was an absolutely wonderful day!! Great food, and probably the softest sand we have ever been on. Water was wonderful, and the views were also great. Can't say enough positive things about Gail, who owns this establishment. She checked on us to see if we needed anything and to make sure we were having a great time. Certainly recommend this to anyone coming to Antigua!!

Did you reserve ahead of time or just show up?

Hi all,

Just wanted to post a quick review of Beach Limerz in connection with our visit on the 10/28 sailing of the Summit. I had communicated with Gail in advance but we elected not to make a reservation since we weren't sure of our plans. With 365 beaches in Antigua, it's hard to choose! Ultimately, we took a taxi and just showed up. We were warmly welcomed with a complimentary rum punch and paid $25 upon arrival and were given 2 beach loungers and an umbrella. The $25 went toward our tab for the day. We each had 3-4 cocktails and ordered lunch from the menu, sharing an appetizer of conch fritters and a grilled mahi wrap with fries. At the end of the day we owed an additional $55. Prices are in EC, so I had no idea if we were having a $20 sandwich or a $75 sandwich - haha! I thought the place was fantastic as far as the setting and the quiet. There were probably around 25 guests there that day, with additional locals coming in for lunch. Our taxi driver returned at an agreed time to take us back to port. I'd definitely visit again.

Hi all,

Just wanted to post a quick review of Beach Limerz in connection with our visit on the 10/28 sailing of the Summit. I had communicated with Gail in advance but we elected not to make a reservation since we weren't sure of our plans. With 365 beaches in Antigua, it's hard to choose! Ultimately, we took a taxi and just showed up. We were warmly welcomed with a complimentary rum punch and paid $25 upon arrival and were given 2 beach loungers and an umbrella. The $25 went toward our tab for the day. We each had 3-4 cocktails and ordered lunch from the menu, sharing an appetizer of conch fritters and a grilled mahi wrap with fries. At the end of the day we owed an additional $55. Prices are in EC, so I had no idea if we were having a $20 sandwich or a $75 sandwich - haha! I thought the place was fantastic as far as the setting and the quiet. There were probably around 25 guests there that day, with additional locals coming in for lunch. Our taxi driver returned at an agreed time to take us back to port. I'd definitely visit again.

Sounds like a great day, I need to get some information on this place. If you could post I would appreciate it. Jane