Which Private Tour? Bernard or Joyce

ctrinco

Our family of 8 (4 adults and 4 kids - 14,11,11,8) are booking a private tour in St Martin for the day. Bernard is $480 and Joyce is $400. Both include drinks along the way - I believe Bernard is 6 hrs, Joyce 5 hrs.

Any personal experience that would help me choose one over the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Used Bernard's the only time I've been to SXM and enjoyed thoroughly. In fact, it ended up being only myself and a couple from Germany. So it was practically a private tour for $40. I'm not so sure I wouldn't have just canceled if I were the operator when only that many people show up, so I was impressed they did it anyway. Was nice and informative, and a nice time.

• 2 months later...

We ended up going with Bernard - had a great time - but still lots of devastation there. I’m sure you can’t go wrong with either. Headed back next year so please post how your experience with joyce was!

We ended up going with Bernard - had a great time - but still lots of devastation there. I’m sure you can’t go wrong with either. Headed back next year so please post how your experience with joyce was!

What did the tour include/go to? Looking for an excursion for May. Wanted to go snorkeling but hear it’s not as good now as it used to be, so looking into other options

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just booked with Joyce for an April cruise. Any feedback from anyone who used her for their group?

We have used Joyce many times..She is awesome..very responsive and flexible..She is such a nice person and provides a wonderful tour

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We booked for September with Joyce. I used Bernard's tour the last time we were there, but it was a shared tour not a private one. We will have our 4 year old granddaughter with us this time and I wanted a private tour. Joyce was very responsive and even called me so we could discuss over the phone exactly what we are looking for. We will follow-up a few weeks before our cruise to confirm. She was very kind and said not to worry, we will take as much time as our granddaughter needs for the day. Looking forward to it!

We just came back from our cruise and we did a tour with Joyce. I would highly recommend her. She picked us up in a nice van and based on what our group wanted to do she suggested several places. We had a private tour for the 5 of us. She also provided water and the best rum punch! We would use her services again if we go back to St Maarten.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm e-mailing Joyce for a tour in November. She has been very responsive. I'm trying to get an idea of things to do there, any recommendations? There will be 4 adults and one in our party cannot do a beach, (had skin cancer so avoids direct sun). She is going to do the tour, 6 hours, total $300 which sounds very reasonable.