Back from the Norwegian escape July 8th Western Caribbean cruise

BuckHamilton

All in all we had a wonderful time taking this cruise with my family. I made 2 mental choices beginning the trip that made this the great trip that it was.

1.Live in the moment Enjoy what you’re doing fully and not worry about what’s coming next.

2.Do not let things that do not go right bother me.

The things I really liked

1.The ships layout was nice it was really easy to get all around to different parts in just a few minutes

2.The water slides where awesome the tube ride was great and the loop ones where scary but not too scary (except for one my kids who almost got stuck at the top of the loop)

3.The majority of the staff was very nice and usually in a good mood

4.Getting on and off the ship at all the ports went very fast (a little slow coming back on board at Cozumel)

5.The food at the all you can eat meat restaurant and Cagneys was very good and in general the steaks where of great quality even in the main dining rooms.

6.The cook at the Japanese restaurant was very funny (kids loved his jokes).

The things that were neither good nor bad just there

1.The pools where crowded but workable (if you want some fun go swimming at night when they play movies). For fun play the game in the kid’s pool to see if you can get across it without being touched it’s harder than you think.

2.The elevators could get a little crowded at times but only had to take the stairs a few times.

3.Service at most of the restaurants was ok. Expect to be missing at least 1 or 2 items for your group order

4.Food in the main restaurants was ok but nothing special (kind of like food at a wedding). Usually on a cruise it’s hard for me to choose what I want to eat because I want so many of them. Here I eliminate the stuff we eat at home normally and does not leave many choices

Things I had a problem with

1. The big one was the buffet for many reasons

a.The food was almost always cold before sat down to eat it which makes me think that temps are not set up right on the buffet

b.There was never any shrimp or crab on the buffet not even fake crab. No smoked salmon

c.All of the bakery gods tasted like they were baked a week ago.

d.There was no one there to server you drinks you had to go to the bar in the front of the buffet

e.Late night snack where pizza a sandwich or something fried.

f.The buffet almost exactly the same every day(only a few things changed day to day)

g.Too much pizza and hamburgers and hot dogs.

h.The food quality was about the same as Golden Corral

2. Drink services was slow and once they realized I had the unlimited drink package they would never come back for a second drink order. At dinned was only asked for asecond drink one out of seven days

3. Disembarkation was kind of goofy might be because we went off in the middle of the groups but we ended up waiting in 3 different lines and it took about an hour.

Just my random thoughts now it’s off to plan the next vacation ahhh where to go

• 2 weeks later...

2. Drink services was slow and once they realized I had the unlimited drink package they would never come back for a second drink order. At dinned was only asked for asecond drink one out of seven days

The waiters at dinner can be pretty busy. What I do is ask them for two drinks right at the beginning. That way I have a backup if they don't make it back mid-meal for another.

Just an FYI. They will bring smoked salmon from the back if you ask for it. Also, they will bring you just about anything if you ask for it. At worst all they can say is no. I have found if it is not on the buffet and you ask for it they can make it happen.