Are cabins being added to OM on Regal?

jeanandjim

I don't see the banner for our cruise (Feb. 18). I just found out our cabin assignment yesterday. I called this morning to see if it's part of the Ocean Medallion. It's not. The rep explained that the ***** cabins are in a block nearer the front of the ship. The ones she saw open would be a downgrade from our categories (booked a guarantee BD and received a BB).

Are 'all' cabins in Muster Station now included? - How many is that?

and how many would be added in "B"?

2 full months since the initial rollout - wow

have any additional features now been added such as the 'here and now', and the 'there and then' highly touted drink features?

Yes. Currently, cabins in Muster Station “A” are part of Ocean Medallion on the Regal. Those in Muster Station “B” are being added. The ship will add more Muster Stations as the process of implementing it is continued.

It seems a map of which cabins are in which muster stations might be helpful but I don't know of one. I was really looking forward to checking out the medallion on our upcoming Caribbean Princess cruise but that went down the drain pretty quickly once they started trying to get the thing to work on Regal.

Yes. Currently, cabins in Muster Station “A” are part of Ocean Medallion on the Regal. Those in Muster Station “B” are being added. The ship will add more Muster Stations as the process of implementing it is continued.

It's the other way around - cabins in Muster Station B (Art Gallery) have the Medallion. Baja 301-336, Marina 201-238, Lido 201-302 (plus Caribe 336 and 337 were added later and included in B because of *****).

Sandra

It's the other way around - cabins in Muster Station B (Art Gallery) have the Medallion. Baja 301-336, Marina 201-238, Lido 201-302 (plus Caribe 336 and 337 were added later and included in B because of *****).

Sandra

That’s what we were told as well. And I was in C336 and our muster was changed to B.

It seems a map of which cabins are in which muster stations might be helpful but I don't know of one. I was really looking forward to checking out the medallion on our upcoming Caribbean Princess cruise but that went down the drain pretty quickly once they started trying to get the thing to work on Regal.

We're on the CB now. We'll be coming back in May and the captain told us not to expect ***** them. They have to finish the Regal, then the Royal and then the CB. We're at least getting upgraded TVs this cruise. For now the internet is about as bad as any we've ever experienced on Princess. BTW the internet mgr. knows nothing about the ***** progress. He said he thought we probably knew more about what was happening than he did!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the regal 12/28 -1/7. We did not have the *****. We were a couples group of 5 couples, none of us had the *****. We spoke to a few of the people who had the *****. Most were very disappointed in the *****. One man told us in his cabin it was him, his wife & son. Only the son's ***** would even open the door. They were also giving everyone the cruise card because you could not order with the *****. It looks like Princess was to aggressive in the roll out of the *****. The captain circle person told me not to expect to see this on any other ships in the near future. Many problems with getting this up and running on a ship many more than what was thought they would have. If you are elite you will get free internet which was great, very fast. It may not be ship wide on the Regal for a while. It is not even working the way it is suppose to in the cabins where they have it now.

We were on the regal 12/28 -1/7. We did not have the *****. We were a couples group of 5 couples, none of us had the *****. We spoke to a few of the people who had the *****. Most were very disappointed in the *****. One man told us in his cabin it was him, his wife & son. Only the son's ***** would even open the door. They were also giving everyone the cruise card because you could not order with the *****. It looks like Princess was to aggressive in the roll out of the *****. The captain circle person told me not to expect to see this on any other ships in the near future. Many problems with getting this up and running on a ship many more than what was thought they would have. If you are elite you will get free internet which was great, very fast. It may not be ship wide on the Regal for a while. It is not even working the way it is suppose to in the cabins where they have it now.

We were on the Regal from 10/26 to 11/5/17

On our last evening one of our three cabins was converted to the RFID reader which required obtaining a new cruise card with an RFID chip in it in order to open the cabin door.

26493782939_b5675073f9_z.jpgMedallion Conversion

The conversion did not bother our 2 1/2 year old granddaughter sleeping in a bed for the first time.

38242155412_71658494e4_z.jpg

She rolled out of bed landing on pillows placed on the floor and never woke up sleeping the rest of the night on the floor.

This is a huge undertaking in preparation for the full ***** operation and I don't understand why so many CC members are so impatient and making such an issue out of this?

The little ones do not care and IMHO neither should anyone else.

Just enjoy the cruise.

Howard

• Like 1

Totally agree with you HM9912. We did not book this cruise for the *****. In fact could care less about it. After reading everything it is supposed to do not really sure how it will improve our cruise experience. I really don't want to carry my phone with me on ship everywhere I go. We cruise to get away from all that. Only time I look at my phone is when we come in at night. I check email to keep up with my kids & grandkids. I did enjoy having free internet not having to log in & out. I know other can't wait.

Totally agree with you HM9912. We did not book this cruise for the *****. In fact could care less about it. After reading everything it is supposed to do not really sure how it will improve our cruise experience. I really don't want to carry my phone with me on ship everywhere I go. We cruise to get away from all that. Only time I look at my phone is when we come in at night. I check email to keep up with my kids & grandkids. I did enjoy having free internet not having to log in & out. I know other can't wait.

We were a party of eight including three under six grandchildren.

We did carry our phones to use the free Princess instant messaging service to keep track of our party. The only disadvantage of this service is the phone does not ding when a message arrives. You have to keep checking your phone.

We all had a wonderful time.

Howard

Just spent 21 days on the Regal in Muster Station A. Disembarked on Jan. 7 and we

we not part of the *****, with no indication that any change would take place soon.

Thanks for the update and correction.

I called Princess yesterday and found out that we are not going to be in a Medallion room. They were surprised that the banner "welcome to ocean medallion class" had appeared on our cruise personalizer. So sad end to story.

Mark and Trish, glad you are going to be on the Regal following us, I will send you an e-mail after we are on to let you know what is going on re Regal and to start making plans for our lunch meeting in April with the Tahiti group.

Michael - hope you and Chris enjoy the Circle Caribbean on the CB. We will be following you next January. Maybe by then ....... Medallion????

Jim:):cool::whiskey-glass:

We were on the Regal from 10/26 to 11/5/17

On our last evening one of our three cabins was converted to the RFID reader which required obtaining a new cruise card with an RFID chip in it in order to open the cabin door.

26493782939_b5675073f9_z.jpgMedallion Conversion

The conversion did not bother our 2 1/2 year old granddaughter sleeping in a bed for the first time.

38242155412_71658494e4_z.jpg

She rolled out of bed landing on pillows placed on the floor and never woke up sleeping the rest of the night on the floor.

This is a huge undertaking in preparation for the full ***** operation and I don't understand why so many CC members are so impatient and making such an issue out of this?

The little ones do not care and IMHO neither should anyone else.

Just enjoy the cruise.

Howard

Yes it is a big undertaking. I imagine the disappointment is due to Princess over-promoting the program and failing miserably with the implementation. Going on three months now and only 2 muster stations implemented on the Regal and even those few cabins are having issues!!

hi i will be on the regal m324 will i be using the medallion

jan 21

Interesting - this is further along towards mid-ship than the original trial set of forward cabins. It only went up to m238 before on Marina deck.

Sandra

i was wondering if i will be included in the ***** on the regal on the 21st room m324???:)

Ahh mis-read your question as a statement - in that case probably not as only Baja 301-336, Marina 201-243, Lido 201-302 and Caribe 336 & 337 have Medallions currently.

i wonder how many cabins will have it in may I am onboard on May 10 and am in A Club Class Mini suite on Baja Deck in the section behind the current ***** Section on that deck. are they likely to implement outwards from the current sections according to muster stations

i wonder how many cabins will have it in may I am onboard on May 10 and am in A Club Class Mini suite on Baja Deck in the section behind the current ***** Section on that deck. are they likely to implement outwards from the current sections according to muster stations

Pam posted that she had heard Muster Station A is next. I don't know which area of this ship that relates to though.

Sandra