Bringing alcohol on board from port visit

Becstar101

I recall the discussion about this. There were several posters who were adamant that their

guests had brought on wine during a BVE, THEREFORE IT WAS ALLOWED.

One even called princess (I don't know how many times it took) -- and got an answer they liked.

Of course, another poster reported calling princess and hearing: "What's a BVE?"

So, calling princess is like new england weather -- just wait a minute and it will change.

No one has ever posted a written policy.

I read no balloons, too -- but did take some on board once. The world did not end.

On each and every BVE that we have taken people on, Princess did always tell me that the guests could each bring a bottle of wine on. Not only did I call but I emailed customer relations and got an email back stating that BVE guests were each allowed to bring the wine or champagne and the same rules applied as they did to us. They could consume them in our balcony or they had to pay the corkage fee if they wanted to bring them to the dining room for lunch.

We have stopped at the alcohol table to get stickers for the bottles we had over 2 and again, they were not charged.

On each and every BVE that we have taken people on, Princess did always tell me that the guests could each bring a bottle of wine on. Not only did I call but I emailed customer relations and got an email back stating that BVE guests were each allowed to bring the wine or champagne and the same rules applied as they did to us. They could consume them in our balcony or they had to pay the corkage fee if they wanted to bring them to the dining room for lunch.

We have stopped at the alcohol table to get stickers for the bottles we had over 2 and again, they were not charged.[/qu

I've done 3 BVE's and both of my guest carried on a bottle of wine for me. No question. No problem. Security is looking for the ONE bottle per person. They have no clue who you are. Just bring the bottle; if there's a problem, pay the $15; it's still cheaper than buying their wine.

We have stopped at the alcohol table to get stickers for the bottles we had over 2 and again, they were not charged.[/qu

I've done 3 BVE's and both of my guest carried on a bottle of wine for me. No question. No problem. Security is looking for the ONE bottle per person. They have no clue who you are. Just bring the bottle; if there's a problem, pay the $15; it's still cheaper than buying their wine.

Yes, we’ve always had our guest carry on bottles as well with no issues.

Probably half the time we return to the ship there isn't anyone there to take any alcohol purchases. Have also seen a couple of times where the folks running the scanner tell the person manning the table. Also have seen where the person manning the table asked guests if they had alcohol and were NOT told by the scanning folks. Enforcement seems to be very spotty.

Probably half the time we return to the ship there isn't anyone there to take any alcohol purchases. Have also seen a couple of times where the folks running the scanner tell the person manning the table. Also have seen where the person manning the table asked guests if they had alcohol and were NOT told by the scanning folks. Enforcement seems to be very spotty.

True.

Sometimes they don't bother to set up the collection table early in the morning since there's no one returning at that time with any purchases.

As the traffic increases during the day and there's still not many people they will flag certain people from the scanner section.

If you wait a little longer when there's a line beginning to form (around lunch time) the people are returning back to quickly to single out each person.

This is the best time to return if you want to bring your items to your cabin....only for safe keeping of course.

I have brought whiskey from the Jamison distillery right through the scanners with no issue. I had it out and clearly visible, did not try to hide it at all. Later in that same cruise I brought calvados on board with no problems.

There is a difference between the stated policy, and the enforcement of that policy.

I bought several bottles of tequila while in Mexico. Ran them through the scanner and walked to my room. There was no one manning the table.

Another time, I also had a couple of bottles, ran through the scanner, without a word, that time there were people at the table. Again walked to my room with the bottles.

Seems to be inconsistent.

I bought several bottles of tequila while in Mexico. Ran them through the scanner and walked to my room. There was no one manning the table.

Another time, I also had a couple of bottles, ran through the scanner, without a word, that time there were people at the table. Again walked to my room with the bottles.

Seems to be inconsistent.

Inconsistent only because the guy the at the table was only there because it's his job the the day. It must get boring to sit there day after day checking in bottles.

I was joking around with one of the guys when returning one early morning and asked him about having a bottle at the bottom of my towel bag. He only smiled and didn't say much as if to say "check it in if you want to".

I got on an elevator with my bag as usual.