Secrets about the Oasis of the Seas

Mparis184

We leave in 2 weeks for our first cruise on the Oasis of the Seas. I have always found that Cruise Critic board members have very well kept secrets about ships sailing all over the world.

Ok - it's time to tell all....what about the Oasis of the Seas. What do we need to know about the ship that will help make our cruise more enjoyable. It's too bad we all find these little secrets the day before we get off the ship.

Thanks!

We leave in 2 weeks for our first cruise on the Oasis of the Seas. I have always found that Cruise Critic board members have very well kept secrets about ships sailing all over the world.

Ok - it's time to tell all....what about the Oasis of the Seas. What do we need to know about the ship that will help make our cruise more enjoyable. It's too bad we all find these little secrets the day before we get off the ship.

Thanks!

We are on the Allure in January so also seeking tips etc.

Have been following two good threads. Will post the links here for you.

Enjoy your cruise.

First Link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1498769

Second Link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1490579&page=19

Kathy:)

Edited by tomko2

Thanks!

Skip the Windjammer on embarkation and go straight to the Park Cafe, I don't know the exact floor but they have the best hand carved roast beef sandwiches ever. You will not be sorry!!:):)

Skip the Windjammer on embarkation and go straight to the Park Cafe, I don't know the exact floor but they have the best hand carved roast beef sandwiches ever. You will not be sorry!!:):)

It's in Central Park on Deck 8 and yes the roast beef sandwiches are exceptional!

I can't comment on the roast beef sandwiches, but I'll second skipping the windjammer! There are so many other places to eat. We actually only went into the windjammer once the whole week-food was fine, but there are better places!

We liked the shuffleboards location on the Oasis. It's behind the screen of the Aqua Theater w/ big Adirondack chairs-great view of the wake

Please have a bagel hot dog at the Wipe Out Cafe for me!!! They're so bad for you but oh so good!!! If you want to add a little more fat to it, there are slices of american cheese in there as well. I put it in the hot dog bagel-it's simply fatty heaven!!

Have a blast and don't worry about not being able to get everything done in a week....it's impossible :)

Edited by KG1924

Park Cafe also puts out very good salads. I have given this up before so it is no secret. During the 70's show the place to be is on the rising tide bar. Great view and it is were the cruise director will end his show. :)

Edited by janetz

Ok - it's time to tell all....what about the Oasis of the Seas. What do we need to know about the ship that will help make our cruise more enjoyable.

Our upcoming adventure on the Oasis isn't till next year but we, too, want to know as much as possible before we board. I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on on this thread hoping scores of past cruisers will jump in and share the points of interest that may be tucked away in the less traveled nooks 'n crannies.

Sending a big thanks to the person who'd already posted the location of the shuffleboards.

Anna (and Gary)

We liked the shuffleboards location on the Oasis. It's behind the screen of the Aqua Theater w/ big Adirondack chairs-great view of the wake

You wouldn't, by any chance know where the ping pong tables are, do you? If so, please include deck number when replying. After all, it IS a big ship and I'm kinda old. LOL

Thanks ...

:)

Anna (and Gary)

We found the Solarium buffet the first day and it is great and normally not crowded until people discover it we has some nice breakfast and lunch up there.

We had dinner at Vintages wine bar we sat outside had tapas and wine and have to tell you it was one of the highlights of our cruise.

The two leads of hairspray did a small show in the jazz club which was great. Best place to see the parade is from the Schooner bar and you can watch it from a level up..

I can't comment on the roast beef sandwiches, but I'll second skipping the windjammer! There are so many other places to eat. We actually only went into the windjammer once the whole week-food was fine, but there are better places!

Please have a bagel hot dog at the Wipe Out Cafe for me!!! They're so bad for you but oh so good!!! If you want to add a little more fat to it, there are slices of american cheese in there as well. I put it in the hot dog bagel-it's simply fatty heaven!!

Have a blast and don't worry about not being able to get everything done in a week....it's impossible :)

I just happened to read your post and see that you are in love with OUR favorite little spot on the ship! That little area with the adirondack chairs is so cozy! Many an evening, my husband and I would sit there sipping a cocktail and watching the wake behind the ship. Ahhhh, can't wait to go in March!

They are $25. a week. For $5. more you can rent the I-Phones. They have the capability to call, text or GPS. Plus have the daily activity schedule.

Also......they made the best eggs benedict in the main dining room. They are not listed on the menu. Just ask for them.

You wouldn't, by any chance know where the ping pong tables are, do you? If so, please include deck number when replying. After all, it IS a big ship and I'm kinda old. LOL

Thanks ...

Anna (and Gary)

I can't help you out but I saw Gary & Anna and I was wondering if you are the same one's that cruised with us into the PC in Dec 06?

Pat

I can't help you out but I saw Gary & Anna and I was wondering if you are the same one's that cruised with us into the PC in Dec 06?

Pat

If you're Pat in the duo, Pat and John, the answer is yes.

Wanna join us on our upcoming B2B Oasis in Sept. 2012?

:D

Anna

Anna would love to but we are on the Freedom in Dec 2011 and Pullmantur Sovereign 10-27-2012 with a b2b on the Navigaton doing a TA Nov 3/2012. No way could we squeeze in another cruise in 2012. Maybe another time.

Hugs, Pat

Edited by cruisnpat

Thanks ...

Anna (and Gary)

The ping pong tables are just outside the Wipeout Cafe near the basketball courts and mini-golf area on deck 15. It's enclosed so your ball doesn't keep going and going and going.

I noticed that someone said there's a number to call to make reservations once you are on the ship for the specialty dining restaurants? Would any of you past cruisers possibly have that number or has it been posted here somewhere? Thanks! Cruising in less than 2 weeks on the Oasis!

Linda

I noticed that someone said there's a number to call to make reservations once you are on the ship for the specialty dining restaurants? Would any of you past cruisers possibly have that number or has it been posted here somewhere? Thanks! Cruising in less than 2 weeks on the Oasis!

Linda

Hi

We came off the Oasis yesterday, think the number is 7000 once you are onboard, definately try the roast beef sandwiches in the park cafe, and the egg and bacon english muffins in the park at breakfast, they also do nice fruit pots to take away, on the boardwalk the bar at the end does nice corndogs and also chip and dip combos.

Hairspray is only shown 3 times, if you are a fan you can go in the standby queue before the performance and get it, we saw it twice and it was great. also, the two main performers from hairspray do a show in dazzles, its good but you need to get there early to get a seat as it gets really busy. hope you enjoy it, we loved every minute of it.

The ping pong tables are just outside the Wipeout Cafe near the basketball courts and mini-golf area on deck 15. It's enclosed so your ball doesn't keep going and going and going.

Thank you! Greatly appreciated and duly noted on my "wanna-do" list.

Anna (and Gary)

If you are looking for somewhere for quiet time found Solarium in evening very relaxing ,would go up after dinner for some down time before shows,also Central Park is nice in evening.

Is the Solarium area in the Oasis as warm 'n toasty as it is on other ships? (Sure do hope so because I like to go there to warm up should the rest of the ship feel chilly!)

Anna (and Gary)

I know this will probably sound like a silly question but your answer sure would save this old girl a lot of walking to find out for herself. Since the Aqua Theater encompasses two decks, do you remember if the Shuffleboards would be on Deck 5 or 6?

TIA!!!

Anna (and Gary)

I know this will probably sound like a silly question but your answer sure would save this old girl a lot of walking to find out for herself. Since the Aqua Theater encompasses two decks, do you remember if the Shuffleboards would be on Deck 5 or 6?

TIA!!!

Anna (and Gary)

Deck six. You have to take stairs up from the Boardwalk area (as I recall :confused:)

Is the Solarium area in the Oasis as warm 'n toasty as it is on other ships? (Sure do hope so because I like to go there to warm up should the rest of the ship feel chilly!)

Anna (and Gary)

Solarium is at front of ship and is pretty well sheltered & surrounded in glass,is warm in daytime but also has some shaded areas to get out of sun.I found it warm.

After being on the big girls for 14 days I still haven't seen it all.... haven't made it to the shuffleboard on the aft of the ship, the bridgewalk on deck 14 fwd, had a roast beef sammy or panini in Park Cafe on 8, been in dazzles or blaze, the spa or gym (seriously, not on my top 10 list lol) Seafood Shack... these are all on my to do list for my next 7 days in April...

There's no possible way to do it all in 7 days :( don't even attempt it!

and yes the Solarium is nice and toasty sheltered from the wind... no snuggies needed there lol

Edited by Beth C