Fort Lauderdale after cruise???

Guest zafra63

Guest zafra63

Any suggestions what to do after disembarkation in Fort Lauderdale on 7 October 2014 before catching a 6.45pm flight out??? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Netty:confused:

Usually there are tours from the ship that will take in things like the Evergaldes or an airboat ride and then will drop you off at the air port. They also have some tours that have a drop at the Miami airport as an option as well. I don't think any of the tours are real long... maybe 4 to 5 hours, so that will still leave you some time to pass until your flight. The other option would be to rent a car for the day and go at your leisure.

Guest zafra63

Thanks BillB48 for your suggestion, it is a good one. Tours are not available as yet on our September cruise. We hope there might be something listed for this purpose. Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guest zafra63
I would be researching this on the Florida Departures board. That is the board that covers FLL.

Thanks for that, I will have a look for that.

Are you taking an international flight out? If so you will need to be at the airport for 4.00pm so any of the excursions should leave you with just an hour or so before check in. We are sailing on 14th February and there are also a couple of excursions that return to either FLL or MIA at 4.00pm but I would have thought this was cutting it a bit short for an international flight.

Guest zafra63
Are you taking an international flight out? If so you will need to be at the airport for 4.00pm so any of the excursions should leave you with just an hour or so before check in. We are sailing on 14th February and there are also a couple of excursions that return to either FLL or MIA at 4.00pm but I would have thought this was cutting it a bit short for an international flight.

At this stage we are booked on a flight at 6.45 to Dallas and have 50 minutes to catch an international flight to Brisbane Australia and continue on to Melbourne. Not keen on the 50 minutes to do the transfer. That first leg from Ft Lauderdale is Qantas, but operated by American Airlines, Dallas to Brisbane and Melbourne is done by Qantas. Perhaps we should store the luggage at the airport and go sightseeing for a couple of hours