Penthouse Suite on Regal Princess

xnavydoc2

Hello to all,

I have a cruise on the Regal Princess coming up in two weeks. We were upgraded (for a "Nominal fee") from a "Mini Suite to a Penthouse Suite. Having never been in a "Luxury Suite" before, I'm wondering what to expect. I know we get free laundry, free dinner in a specialty restaurant, priority boarding etc. Do we get a separate "Line" when dining in the main dining room? Do we get "Butler" services?" I am a firm believer in "Tipping" well for good service. I would VERY much appreciate some input so that I (we) can enjoy the "Perks" to the fullest. Thank You in advance for any advice and suggestions. Marina Deck 723 btw.

Thanks

Thanks.

Anyone else?

Class dining. Embarkation dinner in specialty restaurant. Breakfast in Sabatini's. Laundry. Minibar set up. Shoe shine. Concierge lounge (concierge, small bites, juice, specialty coffee machine). No butlers or additional room staff. Able to order B, L, or D from dining room menu (when available). More space. Bathtub. And so on..

https://www.princess.com/html/global/popups/metas/suite.html

You will have the option to have Breakfast in Sabatini's also which is wonderful - quiet and relaxed. No 'Butler' service but there is a Concierge Lounge on Riviera Deck (Deck 14) which is across from the Penthouse Suites on this deck (open for all Full Suites). The Concierge Lounge has snacks, cappuccino/espresso coffee etc. and is staffed by someone from Passenger Services usually at posted times - usually a few hours in the morning and then again a few hours late afternoon or so. As memoak said earlier, you will be able to dine in the Club Class section of the Main Dining Room (Deck 6 on our recent Regal cruise) - this was a great experience with no wait and the same dedicated staff but be aware, if traveling with other family/friends not in a Club Class Mini-Suite or Full Suite, they will not be able to dine with you - you can dine with them in the Main Dining Room though).

You will also receive 2 free bottles of water each day and more than likely will have a voucher in your room for one free balcony breakfast. (Regal/Royal Princess has given this balcony breakfast to suite passengers since at least November of 2017.

Don't miss the Sabatini's breakfast. It's delicious!

Class dining. Embarkation dinner in specialty restaurant. Breakfast in Sabatini's. Laundry. Minibar set up. Shoe shine. Concierge lounge (concierge, small bites, juice, specialty coffee machine). No butlers or additional room staff. Able to order B, L, or D from dining room menu (when available). More space. Bathtub. And so on..

https://www.princess.com/html/global/popups/metas/suite.html

Thank You so much. "Specialty Coffee Machines?" I don't really care for "Latte's" etc. but would certainly appreciate better coffee than what the buffet and room service provide.

You will also receive 2 free bottles of water each day and more than likely will have a voucher in your room for one free balcony breakfast. (Regal/Royal Princess has given this balcony breakfast to suite passengers since at least November of 2017.

Don't miss the Sabatini's breakfast. It's delicious!

as long as they have "Bacon" I'm in!

Thank You

You will have the option to have Breakfast in Sabatini's also which is wonderful - quiet and relaxed. No 'Butler' service but there is a Concierge Lounge on Riviera Deck (Deck 14) which is across from the Penthouse Suites on this deck (open for all Full Suites). The Concierge Lounge has snacks, cappuccino/espresso coffee etc. and is staffed by someone from Passenger Services usually at posted times - usually a few hours in the morning and then again a few hours late afternoon or so. As memoak said earlier, you will be able to dine in the Club Class section of the Main Dining Room (Deck 6 on our recent Regal cruise) - this was a great experience with no wait and the same dedicated staff but be aware, if traveling with other family/friends not in a Club Class Mini-Suite or Full Suite, they will not be able to dine with you - you can dine with them in the Main Dining Room though).

Good information. Thank You

Thank You so much. "Specialty Coffee Machines?" I don't really care for "Latte's" etc. but would certainly appreciate better coffee than what the buffet and room service provide.

Think those hotel lobby or office lobby specialty coffee machine - place cup, push latte or mocha or hot chocolate or black coffee, etc.

Whether it's better than the included - that's up to you.

On Royal class ships (Royal, Regal , Majestic ) all included coffee is made from fresh grounds - not the concentrate syrup like other ships.

[quote=xnavydoc2;55854583...l Thank You in advance for any advice and suggestions. Marina Deck 723 btw.

Thanks

Your balcony will be around 9’ deep with views both aft and to the side. The balcony is totally uncovered and people will be able to see you from the Horizon Terrace on the Lido deck above. Haven’t seen people posting that this is an issue.

Here is a video of a similar suite on the port side one deck below.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

more than likely will have a voucher in your room for one free balcony breakfast. (Regal/Royal Princess has given this balcony breakfast to suite passengers since at least November of 2017.

We were in a PH suite (D726) on the Regal in November, 2017 and we didn't get any balcony breakfast. Is this listed as a suite perk? I usually sail in full suites but never had this or heard of anyone getting it.

We were in a PH suite (D726) on the Regal in November, 2017 and we didn't get any balcony breakfast. Is this listed as a suite perk? I usually sail in full suites but never had this or heard of anyone getting it.

We were in Tge same suite in January 2918 and did get the balcony breakfast!

We have cruised in penthouse suites many times and we have never gotten a balcony breakfast.

I suspect the voucher mentioned was a gift from a travel agent or someone else rather than a suite perk.

I think the balcony breakfast is included primarily as part of an upsell to a suite.

We received one with an upsell on the Crown TA we disembarked today. We traded it in for onboard credit, since we preferred Sabatini's to the balcony breakfast.

Jim

Think those hotel lobby or office lobby specialty coffee machine - place cup, push latte or mocha or hot chocolate or black coffee, etc.

Whether it's better than the included - that's up to you.

On Royal class ships (Royal, Regal , Majestic ) all included coffee is made from fresh grounds - not the concentrate syrup like other ships.

That's good to know. Thanks

I think the balcony breakfast is included primarily as part of an upsell to a suite.

We received one with an upsell on the Crown TA we disembarked today. We traded it in for onboard credit, since we preferred Sabatini's to the balcony breakfast.

Jim

Received the breakfast as a perk for an upsell. Not even sure what the breakfast includes other than half a split of bubbly. Like the idea of trading for OBC.

Judy

I would trade it too, cuz nothing beats Sabatini's breakfast! Ummm....

One other unnamed suite perk: You are likely to get an accomplished steward who cleans your room on a priority basis.

We have taken a suite upsell twice in the last 2 1/2 years, and both times felt that we could dash out for a quick breakfast or evening event and come back to a clean room.

Jim

One other unnamed suite perk: You are likely to get an accomplished steward who cleans your room on a priority basis.

We have taken a suite upsell twice in the last 2 1/2 years, and both times felt that we could dash out for a quick breakfast or evening event and come back to a clean room.

Sadly, on our last cruise in a full suite (November 2017), our steward was brand new and I'm sure was overworked. But....he didn't come to meet us for 24 hrs and he did the bare minimum. Quite a surprise!

We have cruised in penthouse suites many times and we have never gotten a balcony breakfast.

I suspect the voucher mentioned was a gift from a travel agent or someone else rather than a suite perk.

Same here and I agree with your suspicions.....:):):)

Bob

We were offered free balcony breakfast on the Royal Princess (11/17) and on Regal Princess (4/18). We were originally in a minisuite that did not include a balcony breakfast, then took an upsell. Did not use a TA for either cruise: the breakfast came from Princess and the voucher was in the room when we arrived.

We took an upsell to a full suite in late 2016 on the Pacific. We received a certificate for a balcony breakfast for two. The certificate said it was from our TA but she knew nothing about it. With access to Sabatini’s for breakfast, we contacted Room Service and were able to exchange for a bottle of wine up to $45 ordered from Room Service [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums