The Lion afternoon tea

the brit

The Golden Lion serves a pub lunch between 12.00 and 2.30pm which is free. You just pay for drinks. They don't serve afternoon tea.

Afternoon tea is served in the Queens Room at 3.30pm and is free.

The Lion's Share was going to be the special afternoon tea on QE & QV, I didn't see any sign of it being offered last time we were onboard but it was only a short trip and we didn't spend a great deal of time in the pub.

It's showing on the Cunard website.

c659b7a408c7dbf0af985fad32ee6194.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

The Lion's Share was going to be the special afternoon tea on QE & QV, I didn't see any sign of it being offered last time we were onboard but it was only a short trip and we didn't spend a great deal of time in the pub.

It's showing on the Cunard website.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I've never heard of that.

Thanks, tmee. That's good news that "The Lion's Share" is now available on QM2. The initial roll-out announcement last September only indicated it was going to be available on QE and QV at that time.

You are welcome. The QM2 sailing I was on, was last November (2017.) So, they may have been testing to see how it would go?

tmee

Does anyone know if the afternoon tea or lunch in the pub has any veggie options? Looking at the menus can't see anything . I wanted to try the fish and chips but nothing available for veggie hubby

Sorry would have no interest in paying $25 when Queens Room Afternoon Tea is excellent and a great atmosphere.

I'm inclined to agree. I do love beer and it's fun to taste a flight, but at afternoon tea, I believe that one should drink TEA. And maybe a flute of bubbly.

I'm inclined to agree. I do love beer and it's fun to taste a flight, but at afternoon tea, I believe that one should drink TEA. And maybe a flute of bubbly.

I agree. Doesn't appeal to me at all. It does just make you wonder, though, whether there will come a time when afternoon tea in the Queens Room is no longer 'free' but also comes at a charge...

• 4 months later...
Sorry to resurrect this thread but as a first timer on cunard I am keen to understand if you have to book either of the Queens or Lion afternoon teas in advance to ensure you can get in, e.g. on embarkation day?

I may be wrong but do not think afternoon tea is available in either on embarkation day.

Sorry to resurrect this thread but as a first timer on cunard I am keen to understand if you have to book either of the Queens or Lion afternoon teas in advance to ensure you can get in, e.g. on embarkation day?

No, you don't book either the afternoon tea in the Queens Room or The Lion's Share in the Golden Lion Pub. There is no afternoon tea in the Queens Room on embarkation day. The Queens Room afternoon tea is held from 3:30-4:40pm. On the other hand, the QM2 daily programmes I have indicate The Lion's Share is available from 12:00-2:30pm in the Golden Lion Pub (during the same hours as the Pub Lunch itself). So assuming the Golden Lion is open for Pub Lunch on embarkation day, then you might also be able to order The Lion's Share on embarkation day. This is not from any actual experience ordering The Lion's Share though, so I can't say for sure.