Where to buy 'cruise wear' (USA)

XXDrewXX

In the spring/early summer at Kohl's (Kohl's.com) is where I've seen men's shorts with ocean-themed prints, ocean-themed print shirts.

I've purchased some of the shirts for my husband to wear at work (gives him and his land-locked, frozen tundra in winter a much needed break from reality). Didn't purchase the shorts this year because he didn't want them. It was hard for me to resist buying at least one pair, but next year I'm not going to resist, I'm getting him one pair.

I guess some preppies are as migratory as hospitality professionals😉

Probably more so. Preppies migrate once a year, hospitality professionals maybe once every 1.5 to 2 years. Some only as infrequently as once very 5 years... ;)

Probably more so. Preppies migrate once a year, hospitality professionals maybe once every 1.5 to 2 years. Some only as infrequently as once very 5 years... ;)

Of course many of the the serious sailors among them do it twice a year: Newport or Nantucket in the summer, The BVI in winter, then crank in the optional shoulder seasons: April in Paris or spring skiing at Park City.

You'll probably have to look at the outlets and clearance items this time of year.

J. Crew Factory has a bunch right now

https://factory.jcrew.com

Nautical's clearance site has lots of polos with anchors, etc.

http://www.nautica.com/sale-mens/

Brooks Brothers has quite a bit too

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/sale/mens/polos-knits-tees/0538,default,sc.html?lid=leftnav-menu

Of course many of the the serious sailors among them do it twice a year: Newport or Nantucket in the summer, The BVI in winter, then crank in the optional shoulder seasons: April in Paris or spring skiing at Park City.

One of my friends' husband is a private yacht captain. He summers in the Med, mostly from Mallorca, and winters in the Caribbean, mostly out of St. Martin/St. Maarten. They get their Spring Skiing done in Vail...

Back on topic - I remember Vineyard Vines. And, Land's End and LL Bean having some khakis in the nautical theme...

I buy gowns/dresses from the ebay seller danatwo. They usually start selling at the end October to the beginning of November. I have bought Tommy Bahama shirts and other brands for my husband. A lot are new with the tags or like new. I have also bought from other sellers. Do a search on there with a brand you like or key words like hawaiian shirt, cruise wear etc. I don't think a lot of sellers use that in the title, but some do. Have fun shopping.

Thanks so much for getting back to me....in record time! :)

The reason I've been relying on websites (& store websites) is that I live in Australia but have a sister living in CA whose address I use for shipping purposes.

Selection is greater in the US than Australia but unfortunately I won't be spending any time in the US (to look in stores)before my next cruise.

Go over to Manly. There is a Tommy Bahama store there, plus a number of other beachwear and resort wear stores - mostly at the ocean beach end of The Corso.

Go over to Manly. There is a Tommy Bahama store there, plus a number of other beachwear and resort wear stores - mostly at the ocean beach end of The Corso.

In Fort Lauderdale, Fl, Maus & Hoffman., wonderful mens store with good sports clothes.

If you're coming to the Fort Lauderdale area there is a huge mall. It is about 15 miles from Port Everglades and there are a million stores there. :) I believe the cruise lines do trips out there.

https://m.facebook.com/SawgrassMills/

If you do buy online from either ebay or some other place see if they will give you the measurements. Even if you wear a L (or which ever size) the actual shirt or dress can have different measurements even within the same company.

Yes, yes and yes,,,,,,,,,,, Tortola, BVI and g they buy their shorts, polos, windbreakers and whatever at Pussser's. :) It's a Nice wallk from t he Marina to Pussers. :)

R