Got Questions About MSC Meraviglia?

Editor Gina

Hi Gina, we will be a group of 12 that will be crusing with MSC for the first time in July. I would like to know if there is a laundry/ironing room on board. Trying to figure out what clothes to pack. Your info so far has been a great help. Am anxiously awaiting the live stream later today.

MSC doesn't provide laundry/ironing facilities onboard their ships. They offer a laundry/ironing service at a charge and a laundry package whereby you get a number of items washed/dried/folded for a set, reduced price over the course of the cruise e.g. 20 items for €30* or 40 for €50*.

*Prices as of last February onboard.

Hi,

I think I read that there will be a rope walking/zip line area near the water slides? I would like to know what the age and height restrictions are for this.

Also if it would be possible to find out if the kids club can provide phones to parents of kids with disabilities. My son has ASD and on NCL they were able to provide us with a phone and call us if he was ready to leave. I have asked MSC phone reps this but I have been given a few different answers.

TIA

L

Hello, I would like to know if the Restaurant EATALY will be complementary for YC-Guests as is suggested by the MSC FOR ME app?

Thanks a lot

KR Sandra

I think that's an error on the app. It's an image for the Chef's Table - no way that's going to be complimentary for anybody!

Hi Gina, we're sailing on 5th August. It looks like there are three MDR (complimentary) restaurants on the ship - L'Olive doree, L'Olivo d'oro and Panorama Restaurant (Marketplace and Waves are also included on MSC for Me app as well). I assume you can use any of these restaurants? Does each restaurant cater for My Choice Dining on the Aurea package?

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in reporting back! I was able to get a few of your questions answered, and snap some of the pictures you requested. My colleague, Adam Coulter, also was able to get onboard for the tail end of the trip, so he may be able to chime in with more. Either way, he'll be back onboard June 18 to write the full ship review and can look into anything else we weren't able to confirm this time around.

Please note: As typical with these "media preview" cruises, not everything was fully operational as the ship was still preparing/nailing down some things for the first passenger sailing.

Some questions answered:

- There is only one whirlpool on the Yacht Club sun deck.

- The roof over the Yacht Club sun deck is retractable.

- Snacks served in the Yacht Club during the day includes fruit cups, parfaits, tarts, mini-sandwiches.

Pictures:

- Yacht Club 1: Sun deck with grill forward and to the left. On our sailing, the seating was still being arranged and the benches had not yet been dressed.

- Yacht Club 2: Cabanas (we were told they'd be moved ahead of the first passenger sailing).

- Yacht Club 3: The pool and hot tub.

- Yacht Club 4: Some of the assorted snacks.

- Promenade: A shot looking down at the Promenade (shops, Eataly and Jean-Philippe Maury's establishments are on Deck 6; the rest of the specialty restaurants, as well as the karaoke lounge and a few bars, are on Deck 7).

We have more than 50 photos of the ship (including some of the kids' spaces, as requested) on our Facebook page. You can check them out, here.

Additionally, in case you missed our live coverage, here's what we reported from the ship last week:

- French President Macron on Hand As MSC Cruises Receives Meraviglia

- Live from MSC Meraviglia: 5 Reasons You Should Be Excited About MSC's Newest Cruise Ship

- Screen Icon Sophia Loren Christens MSC Cruises Latest Megaship, MSC Meraviglia

1069935837_YachtClub1.jpg.7c051ba556c639bcc4096d98e4efd9df.jpg

1013467226_YachtClub2.jpg.4a9466494123d425373def0a4752e187.jpg

1643816194_YachtClub3.jpg.f5b947e8a63c115124bd100f9dfd9285.jpg

1493420210_YachtClub4.jpg.a2b395fb8bed8e5ff2e6faf8a3bb471a.jpg

Promenade.jpg.61f48cd47c48330be0a9cbb5c09109cd.jpg

Thank you for posting, Gina! I really appreciate that you tried your best to answer our questions! I enjoyed the article as well.

And you're right about 2019 not being too far into the future to take notice. MSC is already booking summer 2910 for Bellissima, and I'm guessing that the summer 2019 bookings for other ships (including Meraviglia) will open soon.

Would love to see pictures of the Yacht Club areas and find out how the YC cabanas on the private pool deck will be allocated. Thanks.

Hi I'm not sure how the YC cabanas will be allocated (but I can find that out for you on my sailing in June), but here are some lovely images of the YC!

Adam

YC-bar-piano.jpg.0cf286d076f1bed25fbff736682417b9.jpg

YC-bar.jpg.26a1ebc35808ca55b46158b2ad9ec09f.jpg

YC-dining.jpg.fc7009ec82460b44b46ecf2ec6ae54eb.jpg

YC-lounge.jpg.3a06031e07a1f8b3dac78688cc844a41.jpg

YC-solarium.jpg.2dbaacb8f97e14462d2d905c4f6bb0f0.jpg

I would like to ask about the Cirque du Soleil show.

According to photos and video on the web, the Carousel Lounge have seatings between the dining area and the stage. Just wonder is this the area for those who booked the show + cocktail package? Do they seat in front of those with dining experience? Thanks a lot!

I would like to ask about the Cirque du Soleil show.

According to photos and video on the web, the Carousel Lounge have seatings between the dining area and the stage. Just wonder is this the area for those who booked the show + cocktail package? Do they seat in front of those with dining experience? Thanks a lot!

I noticed that, too. You'd think that the dinner & show seating would be nearer the front.

Hi Gina

We are boarding next month!

If you can take some pics of any of the suites with an angled balcony with the hot tub on the front of the ship that would be amazing.

Also pics of the thermal spa area and info on the spa. I have heard that there are some unusual features like an ice waterfall and any pics of menus would be great!

Thanking you in advance!

Hi

this is Adam, Gina's colleague. I was also onboard and tried out the Aurea Spa – it was incredible. You are right – it has an ice room (which I'm sorry I did not take a pic of); 2 Thalassotherapy pools, two saunas, two steam rooms, a salt room, a Mediterranean room, relaxation room and walk-through shower. There were no prices available on our sailing, but I'm back on later this month and will definitely be using the spa again!

Also attaching the duplex suite which is at the aft and has the hot tub on the balcony/verandah.

Edited by Adam Coulter
the images are too small

Hi

this is Adam, Gina's colleague. I was also onboard and tried out the Aurea Spa – it was incredible. You are right – it has an ice room (which I'm sorry I did not take a pic of); 2 Thalassotherapy pools, two saunas, two steam rooms, a salt room, a Mediterranean room, relaxation room and walk-through shower. There were no prices available on our sailing, but I'm back on later this month and will definitely be using the spa again!

Also attaching the duplex suite which is at the aft and has the hot tub on the balcony/verandah.

Ah thanks Adam! I'm destined not to see pics of this room at the moment!

The spa sounds awesome, we have the Aurea experience so I can see us spending quite a bit of time in there. Are the 2 sauna & steam rooms the same or do they vary? I nearly booked a Duplex suite but couldn't sail in it with just 2 people so we were able to go for the suite with the angled balcony & hot tub at the front of the ship hence looking out for pics!

spa-salt-room.JPGspa-2nd-pool.JPGspa-thalassotherapy-pool.JPGspa-thalassotherapy-pool.JPGspa-salt-room-main.JPGspa-salt-room.JPG

The spa sounds awesome, we have the Aurea experience so I can see us spending quite a bit of time in there. Are the 2 sauna & steam rooms the same or do they vary? I nearly booked a Duplex suite but couldn't sail in it with just 2 people so we were able to go for the suite with the angled balcony & hot tub at the front of the ship hence looking out for pics!

Hi

Hopefully you can see the images now (I posted one of the pools twice!).

So, in answer to your question – yes both steam rooms are different – one is light and the other is really dark, with very little light. Really atmospheric. Definitely my favourite.

I didn't see an angled suite with hot tub, I'm afraid, but throwing in a pic of the hot tub all the same!msc-mera-duplex-whirlpool.jpg

A couple of things spring to mind about this, Kikki.

1. I'm no psychologist, but, perhaps if you were to get to see a pic of the cabin, it could reduce - even slightly - the level of anticipation that you're experiencing at the moment.

2. It could be good to have one real surprise element to enjoy on embarkation. I find that now I've seen so much of the ship from videos, there isn't much unseen left.

As no-one, yet, appears to have posted that they'll be enjoying a similar cabin before you sail, it seems to me that it's unlikely you'll get any pictures on here beforehand. Perhaps on youtube?

Anyway, that's my tuppence ha'penny worth!

Edited by Beamafar

Lol cheers thanks Adam! ;p

I guess the hot tub will be the same on the angled balcony. I just wanted to see how large the balcony is as it looks huge on the deck plan!

Nice spa pics - really like that everything is different, my fiance is going to be in heaven - going to have lots of brownie points from him!

Hi I'm not sure how the YC cabanas will be allocated (but I can find that out for you on my sailing in June), but here are some lovely images of the YC!

Adam

I'm embedding these images for you as they are too small as an attachment.meraviglia-yacht-club-solarium.jpg

meraviglia-yacht-club-pool.jpgmeraviglia-yacht-club-dining.jpgmeraviglia-yacht-club-piano.jpgmeraviglia-yacht-club-bar.JPG