Msc preziosa

sidari

My first MSC cruise planned. Does breakfast buffet offer omelet station?

The only MSC ship with an omelette station, to date, is Divina. There may very well be one installed on Seaside for the same reason there's one on Divina - to meet the US market demands.

PS ............ just read on another thread that there's an omelette station on Meraviglia. We were in YC so never did check out the buffet.

BTW - you can get omelettes to order in the MDR for breakfast.

Edited by Beamafar

Will we be able to get a full English breakfast on the ship, sailing from Soton?

It's the only time of the year I get one!

Also we bought the cheaper drinks package, is it still only Heineken on draught?

@little britain ... yes, possibly the Ovation. We are on this one on the 4th Oct

Not had much chance for replies, change of plans, left 2 hours late, then found we were staying in Zeebrugge for 2 days so no trip to Amsterdam due to the weather so we are told, heavy rain here today so no free trip to Brugge.

Will try answer questions as soon as possible.

There is also a Sweet sparkly wine Borgomolino.

Thanks, Dave. It looks like the same sparkling wines that were available on Meraviglia. From the bar menu:

Cuvée Extra Dry "Borgo Molino" and Cuvée Dolce (sweet) "Borgo Molino". Both on the basic all-inclusive package.

Sounds like the weather is being very unkind on your trip. Hope you're enjoying the onboard experience at least.

Yes - the main restaurant Golden Lobster on deck 5 had an omelette station, you could order from the menu or select items from the buffet.

Thanks, Skigirl! I don't remember seeing omelette stations in the MDR on other ships since they introduced the small buffets there. I'll be interested in seeing if they've introduced one on Magnifica in a couple of weeks. DH likes fresh-cooked omelettes and never orders them from the menu. An omelette station may pique his interest.

The omelette station consisted of one chef with 2 cooking rings. I missed it but my daughter came back to the table with a very nice looking omelette, wish I had spotted it as would have gone for one myself. I think my daughter said the Fillings were ham, bacon, onion, peppers, mushrooms, cheese and maybe two or three other ingredients.

The omelette station consisted of one chef with 2 cooking rings. I missed it but my daughter came back to the table with a very nice looking omelette, wish I had spotted it as would have gone for one myself. I think my daughter said the Fillings were ham, bacon, onion, peppers, mushrooms, cheese and maybe two or three other ingredients.

Interesting to see MSC respond to what must have been a demand for this service.

Thanks, again, for sharing this! :)

I had a couple of nice pieces of omelette from the self service servery earlier week. I do not know how long they were there there, but we were in at a quieter time and they were just as good as any others I have ever eaten and I did not have to queue.

The one problem we had on Preziosa is that we went to the self service at 11.15 am one day to find that all the buffet serveries had closed at 11.00 am and would not be open until midday. Not so much as a biscuit or a croissant. We knew breakfast ended at 11.00 am, but had expected something to be available. The restaurant manager let a couple of the central serveries open about 10 minutes early for us.

Mini fridge in cabin with space to put bottles of water in etc. You could also empty the contents if needed more space and just put them back on last night. Cabin steward locked the mini bar/ fridge at 6pm on last night.

You can also ask your cabin steward to remove the contents on the first day :) We always have drinks package and refill it with the nice fruit juices at the breakfast buffet.

so im on Preziosa now- the ship is beautiful but its been a bit of a magical mystery tour; as Sidari said, leaving 2 hours late from Southampton due to people arriving back late from tours, to the extra day in Zeebrugge, to the curtailed Hamburg port due to the festival and now due to the France strike, no Le Havre so going to Rotterdam instead (although I'm happy with this one) - I'm enjoying myself but think the lack of communication over changes and poor organisation has let it down a bit - not the things they can't help i.e. strikes and weather,

Cant fault the beautiful rooms, and ive enjoyed the experience so far, and spending time with my family is priceless - but i think it still needs to find its identity a bit in my opinion (but then perhaps I'm just too british!) - btw food lets it down a little though sports bar is my favourite place to eat and drink by far!

just to add - on our second day in Zeebrugge we braved the early rain and walked to the train station and caught the train to Ghent - so glad we did! what a beautiful place! cost us 17 euros each, visited castles and churches and loved it a lot! we were also lucky that despite getting soaked on the way to the station (and getting lost) we dodged all the heavy rain and even had the sun come out!

We also loved the parade and fireworks tonight in Hamburg - great to be a part of it

so im on Preziosa now- the ship is beautiful but its been a bit of a magical mystery tour; as Sidari said, leaving 2 hours late from Southampton due to people arriving back late from tours, to the extra day in Zeebrugge, to the curtailed Hamburg port due to the festival and now due to the France strike, no Le Havre so going to Rotterdam instead (although I'm happy with this one) - I'm enjoying myself but think the lack of communication over changes and poor organisation has let it down a bit - not the things they can't help i.e. strikes and weather,

Cant fault the beautiful rooms, and ive enjoyed the experience so far, and spending time with my family is priceless - but i think it still needs to find its identity a bit in my opinion (but then perhaps I'm just too british!) - btw food lets it down a little though sports bar is my favourite place to eat and drink by far!

just to add - on our second day in Zeebrugge we braved the early rain and walked to the train station and caught the train to Ghent - so glad we did! what a beautiful place! cost us 17 euros each, visited castles and churches and loved it a lot! we were also lucky that despite getting soaked on the way to the station (and getting lost) we dodged all the heavy rain and even had the sun come out!

We also loved the parade and fireworks tonight in Hamburg - great to be a part of it

Glad to hear you are having a lovely time. ☺ sounds like it's been an interesting change in itenary. Just a quick question, are you able to tell me if you have to pay extra for the food in the sports bar ? Thank you 😊

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

Sounds like you've taken the right approach and rolled with the changes to enjoy your trip. Lovely to read such positivity considering the run-around and uncertainties you must have experienced. Good on ya!! clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Glad to hear you are having a lovely time. ☺ sounds like it's been an interesting change in itenary. Just a quick question, are you able to tell me if you have to pay extra for the food in the sports bar ? Thank you 😊

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

yes you do, although the prices are very reasonable so there isn't too much to pay on top for example, a platter for two is around 8 Euros- the food is worth the cover charge

Sounds like you've taken the right approach and rolled with the changes to enjoy your trip. Lovely to read such positivity considering the run-around and uncertainties you must have experienced. Good on ya!! clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Tbh i just don't see the point sitting on the ship and being miserable - its really what you make of it; Although it was a shame to miss Amsterdam, its not something that could be helped and so a quick search of the area and transport showed us that Ghent was entirely possible (as we were in port till 9pm which was a bonus) and so we decided to make the most of it.

Hamburg has been awesome, and again we had longer than expected in port today (don't leave till 9pm) so we literally walked a lot of the city (8 or so miles in a circle) and had a great time (The miniatur wunderland is a MUST see!) and Rotterdam will be a new experience for me so thats great.

Preziosa is a great ship, again i think the only negatives we see are the fact that we perhaps are 'too british' and find it difficult to adapt to the european style of cruising but thats more about us than them. We have decided to do some land based holidays after this for a few years but wouldn't say no to coming back onboard at all in the future..

Going back to an earlier posting on this thread about cards in room, last time we embarked MSC your picture was taken for the card which matched up on security when leaving entering the ship. How do they get the pictures now or are they no longer required. Could someone clarify the embarkation requirements now. Thanks

Going back to an earlier posting on this thread about cards in room, last time we embarked MSC your picture was taken for the card which matched up on security when leaving entering the ship. How do they get the pictures now or are they no longer required. Could someone clarify the embarkation requirements now. Thanks

Hi. After you go through check in and then security, you board and as you enter the ship, theer are staff with cameras and scanners. Your setsail pass is scanned and your photo taken. when staterooms are ready, you will find your cards on the bed. When you leave the ship, your pic will appear on the computer screen after he scans your card, same as ever.

Hi, Could you tell me if they have sky sports and BT sports in the sports bar please? TIA

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Forums mobile app

Finally found some WiFi so will have to go through questions etc when we get home, at least those that have not been answered.

Received an invitation late last night to the Captains Cocktail party tonight with dress code Gala ! Gala night was last night and we get off tomorrow, poor, poor, organisation.

For anyone getting on tomorrow the first port stop is Le Havre.

Hi, Could you tell me if they have sky sports and BT sports in the sports bar please? TIA

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Forums mobile app

They have European version of sky sports - they do show premier league games - we watched Man City v Liverpool at the weekend (it was very busy, get there early); we have also seen italian/spanish football, plus Tennis, Motorsport, College Football (american)