Msc seaside june 9 cruise easter carribean, will itinerary change?

lindawaring2001

Due to the hurricanes and other hurricanes to follow they will obviously need to change the itinerary I am guessing.... St Marteen is wiped out for the next 2-3 years, San Juan looked pretty bad as well. Any clue where you think the itinerary will take us now? Prayers for the people on those islands!

Due to the hurricanes and other hurricanes to follow they will obviously need to change the itinerary I am guessing.... St Marteen is wiped out for the next 2-3 years, San Juan looked pretty bad as well. Any clue where you think the itinerary will take us now? Prayers for the people on those islands!

Geez your 9 months away.

Best guess is that the islands on your itinerary will be visited. The cruise ships and their passengers bring in a lot of money for the islands, so they'll ensure that those services are up and running as quickly as possible. Look at how quickly Cozumel was back up after their last hurricane strike.

Will everything be available? Probably not, but a lot will be given that your cruise is 9 months away. And the more people who get off the ship and spend money, the faster the islands' economies can recover.

Just saw this on the facebook page

MSC Divina – update regarding the current cruise as well as future itineraries.

On the CURRENT CRUISE:

MSC Divina is currently sailing back towards Miami, where she will dock once she receives authorization from the relevant authorities to enter the Port (as the Port of Miami is currently still closed.)

Disembarkation procedures will start as soon as the ship is safely at berth and we get the go ahead from the relevant authorities.

Guests who are still to book travel arrangements to return home will be able to stay on board until they do so and through Saturday, September 16 at 9 AM US ET, when the ship will resume regular service.

On FUTURE ITINERARIES:

MSC Divina is due to resume her regular weekly service out of Miami on Saturday, September 16, calling at Montego Bay (Jamaica), Georgetown (Cayman Islands), Costa Maya (Mexico) and Nassau (Bahamas).

On September 23, MSC Divina will perform another West Caribbean itinerary, calling at Ocho Rios (Jamaica), Georgetown, Cozumel (Mexico) and Nassau.

For Eastern Caribbean cruises after September 30, we are working on alternatives and will make an announcement shortly.

Our website will be updated momentarily with the same information.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I know that NCL has stated that all E Caribbean itineraries will become Western until the beginning of December. No other line has reported what they are doing at this time. I assume they will assess as they go along.

The islands depend on tourism dollars. From port fees to excursions/tours, and trinkets people buy in port. They will hustle to get everything back in to shape. I also read a report that the reported damages to St Maarten were exaggerated. Not to say they don't have damages, but it's not in the 90% that's been reported.

Personally, I would rather go to these locations even if services are limited. I know how important my spending is to help them resume their economy. If my cruise in early December on Harmony and my Seaside cruise in March still end up there I will be bringing an extra suitcase with things the residents need.

Article I read today (USA Today I think it was) said that all major cruise lines are concentrating on evaluations/relief efforts and the next 30 days of passenger cruises. From there they will handle things 30-45 out so just because they do something now does not mean that is the solution for say November and beyond.

I know that NCL has stated that all E Caribbean itineraries will become Western until the beginning of December. No other line has reported what they are doing at this time. I assume they will assess as they go along.

The islands depend on tourism dollars. From port fees to excursions/tours, and trinkets people buy in port. They will hustle to get everything back in to shape. I also read a report that the reported damages to St Maarten were exaggerated. Not to say they don't have damages, but it's not in the 90% that's been reported.

Personally, I would rather go to these locations even if services are limited. I know how important my spending is to help them resume their economy. If my cruise in early December on Harmony and my Seaside cruise in March still end up there I will be bringing an extra suitcase with things the residents need.

Yikes. Don't know where you read this about St Martin. Have you turned on your TV???

Yikes. Don't know where you read this about St Martin. Have you turned on your TV???

Yes, I've been watching closely. I live in South Florida and has hit by this hurricane as well. Unfortunately the news sometimes exaggerates what has actually happened. I am NOT saying they are in good shape. I know they had major devastation. I've seen a few reports stating that it is not 90% of the island, as many new outlets have reported.

A friend of mine does medical evacuations out of S Florida and she is going to be headed to some of the islands in the coming week. She's going to let me know what it really looks like.