Photo Review April/May 2015: Disney, Eclipse TA, London

Lisah101

We walked around a bit, then boarded the plane. It was a crazy pushing match, after they boarded first, there were no zones, just all of a sudden everyone board. We stowed our bags and settled in to watch a few movies and try to sleep. Terry had a ear infection and didn't feel great, but he made it home fine.

British Airways coach meal.

IMG_4002.jpg

Snack about an hour before landing - very good food but bad photo. I was too full to eat the scone, but Terry said it was more like a biscuit than the ones we had on the ship. Maybe I still don't know what a real scone is yet.

IMG_4006.jpg

That was our first time flying coach overseas and it wasn't so bad, but next time I have enough frequent flyer miles to go business. When we landed in Phoenix we were one of the last off the plane. By the time we got to customs the lines were very long but thankfully we both have Global Entry so we walked past all of them to the kiosk and scanned our passports. We were through in less than a minute!

A resident in our community does airport rides for a fee. He picked us up and brought us home - all is well and the house is fine.

Absolutely Magnificent Photo Review...Even though I had just had a bite, I still was very hungry looking at your Food Photos...a very Outstanding Review and Photos. :):):):)

Thank you - the older I get the more photos I take to help me remember as my memory doesn't work as well. And I love food!

The shuttle company I used was Smith's for Airports out of Southampton. We had 2 quotes

4 people was 150 + 14.50 congestion charge due to the location of our hotel.

6 people was 180 + 14.50 congestion charge.

All in British Pounds.

Thank you...I have them on my transportation list. Always good to get a first hand review of services. We will be going from hotel (Hotel Montague on the Gardens) to Southampton, but I assume the fees should be similar.

Also, glad to hear of your experience with Global Entry. We are thinking of applying for that. We will fly out this October and I think we have enough time for the interview in CLT. Hopefully, we will get to take advantage of GE when we return two weeks later. If not, then we can surely use it on our trip for May 2016 and trips thereafter.

Your hotel was beautiful! Where was it located?

One of those guards at The Tower really needed a shave! LOL

Thank you...I have them on my transportation list. Always good to get a first hand review of services. We will be going from hotel (Hotel Montague on the Gardens) to Southampton, but I assume the fees should be similar.

Also, glad to hear of your experience with Global Entry. We are thinking of applying for that. We will fly out this October and I think we have enough time for the interview in CLT. Hopefully, we will get to take advantage of GE when we return two weeks later. If not, then we can surely use it on our trip for May 2016 and trips thereafter.

Your hotel was beautiful! Where was it located?

One of those guards at The Tower really needed a shave! LOL

We stayed at the Waldorf which was in the heart of the theater district on the West End. They explained it as in the "Aldwych" which didn't mean much to me.