CPS Southampton ~ Back to Back Cruises

Big Foot

Hello,

When doing a back to back cruise sailing from Southampton & using CPS car parking, do you have the option to access your car on the turnaround day?

I'm not necessarily looking to drive it, but thinking more along the lines of stocking up bottled water, lemonade etc for the cabin & doing this on the turnaround day when hands will be free of hand luggage etc.

Any advice / info gratefully received as always.

Thank you

Joan

Good question and I would be interested in hearing the answer from someone who knows. I wonder if it is possible to pick up the car just as one would when finishing a cruise and then drop it off just as one would when starting a cruise i.e. treat the CPS process as if they are two separate cruises. That would mean one would have access to a car in Southampton on the turnaround day.

If you have booked parking for the 2 cruises, unless you let them know that you would not be using the car in between, I would have thought your car would be ready and waiting on turnaround day. I think a quick call to CPS is the only people who can give you accurate advice. Unless they gave you a discount for not using it in between (which I doubt), cannot see a problem with using your car.

I very much doubt it because if you have pre booked both cruise and parking at the same time for b2b then they will leave your car on the turnaround day where they park your car for the duration of cruises and not return it to the car park for your disembarkation as if you were only doing one cruise. The only way you will have a definitive answer is a quick phone call to CPS and ask.

Hello,

When doing a back to back cruise sailing from Southampton & using CPS car parking, do you have the option to access your car on the turnaround day?

I'm not necessarily looking to drive it, but thinking more along the lines of stocking up bottled water, lemonade etc for the cabin & doing this on the turnaround day when hands will be free of hand luggage etc.

Any advice / info gratefully received as always.

Thank you

Joan

Purchase everything at a port prior to the home leg sea days, and leave in the stateroom. Simples.

I very much doubt it because if you have pre booked both cruise and parking at the same time for b2b then they will leave your car on the turnaround day where they park your car for the duration of cruises and not return it to the car park for your disembarkation as if you were only doing one cruise. The only way you will have a definitive answer is a quick phone call to CPS and ask.

I am waiting for a response from CPS, but thought when we last did a B2B they asked if we wanted access to the car.

We didn't then & it was some years ago, so I just thought I'd ask on here if anyone had done so whilst I'm waiting.

Joan

I am waiting for a response from CPS, but thought when we last did a B2B they asked if we wanted access to the car.

We didn't then & it was some years ago, so I just thought I'd ask on here if anyone had done so whilst I'm waiting.

Joan

Joan I do not think it is possible as the cars are parked very close together. You can often see them from the ship and the only way to get one car out is to move many more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Purchase everything at a port prior to the home leg sea days, and leave in the stateroom. Simples.

Only trouble with that is that the first cruise is only a 2 nighters to Guernsey & we all know how doubtful it is we will tender there!

I was going to try popping to a supermarket in Southampton however, have now booked tickets to the boat show in the turnaround day so not sure I'll have time.

• 2 weeks later...

Morning All,

I've finally heard from CPS regarding the issue of access to my car on a turnaround day & the answer is yes I can access it.

Good morning.

I have contacted the terminal and having access to your car is not a problem at all.

Kind regards

?ui=2&ik=6d55128aee&view=fimg&th=15e08e0bfcbfea21&attid=0.1&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ9_2J5RmkuYrYF-JZK8JUz9LNhiSopsruKl0d8rzUcutfdlLBMwZphaTKQqQGt_xN6qS6HC6-d2I4kME0AhYGhS8wDPTnx8mqyWDoIeuSrB7dV1goW5VWQWNbU&sz=w302-h184&ats=1503390342792&rm=15e08e0bfcbfea21&zw&atsh=1

I asked if I would need to let them know when dropping the car off & received the following reply: -

Hi Joan.

No it’s fine, management are aware of this now.

?ui=2&ik=6d55128aee&view=fimg&th=15e08e0bfcbfea21&attid=0.1&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ9_2J5RmkuYrYF-JZK8JUz9LNhiSopsruKl0d8rzUcutfdlLBMwZphaTKQqQGt_xN6qS6HC6-d2I4kME0AhYGhS8wDPTnx8mqyWDoIeuSrB7dV1goW5VWQWNbU&sz=w302-h184&ats=1503390342792&rm=15e08e0bfcbfea21&zw&atsh=1

It's good news for us as we can nip off the ship early & take stuff directly to the cabin.

Morning All,

I've finally heard from CPS regarding the issue of access to my car on a turnaround day & the answer is yes I can access it.

Good morning.

I have contacted the terminal and having access to your car is not a problem at all.

Kind regards

I asked if I would need to let them know when dropping the car off & received the following reply: -

Hi Joan.

No it’s fine, management are aware of this now.

It's good news for us as we can nip off the ship early & take stuff directly to the cabin.

Excellent news.

Sent from my iPad using Forums