Becoming Diamond while on cruise

piper

Darn. When I talked to customer service about a request, I was told I would receive the benefits. I asked here because people on this Board usually KNOW what they are talking about vs some rep sitting at a desk somewhere.

Darn. When I talked to customer service about a request, I was told I would receive the benefits. I asked here because people on this Board usually KNOW what they are talking about vs some rep sitting at a desk somewhere.

Why am I not surprise!:rolleyes: Look at it this way. Now you've got something else to look forward to on your next cruise.

Imagine the chaos if people are changing status on various days during the cruise.....suddenly entitled to a plate of cookies... suddenly able to have 3 drinks.... they would never be able to keep on top of it. That is why the points are awarded after you complete the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your level does not change until you have completed your cruise. Usually takes about 7 days for points to post to your account.

2015 we did a B2B cruise on the Adventure. Day two of the first leg we had the required points for Diamond. I knew we wouldn't be recognized as Diamond on the first leg of the cruise. So the day we unofficially turned Diamond I went and spoke with the LA about possibly being able to receive the Diamond benefits on the second leg of the cruise. The LA was able to make it happen while we were on the ship for the second leg of the cruise with full Diamond perks. A very appreciated surprise.

We asked about this very same thing when we became Diamond some years ago. We honestly didn't know the answer so we wanted to ask the LA about it. The question wasn't even out of my husband's mouth when she started shaking her head "No.". She wasn't even kind about it.:(

Understood... but still....

We asked about this very same thing when we became Diamond some years ago. We honestly didn't know the answer so we wanted to ask the LA about it. The question wasn't even out of my husband's mouth when she started shaking her head "No.". She wasn't even kind about it.:(

Understood... but still....

That's similar to the response we got.

Imagine the chaos if people are changing status on various days during the cruise.....suddenly entitled to a plate of cookies... suddenly able to have 3 drinks.... they would never be able to keep on top of it. That is why the points are awarded after you complete the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you go up a loyalty level on Carnival you are at that level from the beginning of the cruise. .

So glad this question was asked. We are getting ready to go on our first B2B cruise in a couple of weeks. On the second leg of the cruise, we will be turning Diamond, a couple of days into the cruise. We called RC and asked a Customer Service Representative, and they told us that we "could" use our "Diamond" status. But reading this thread, it does seem kind of hard to get the perks right in the middle. So, I guess, there is a reason to book another cruise after we get off the ship and get our "Diamond" status.

So glad this question was asked. We are getting ready to go on our first B2B cruise in a couple of weeks. On the second leg of the cruise, we will be turning Diamond, a couple of days into the cruise. We called RC and asked a Customer Service Representative, and they told us that we "could" use our "Diamond" status. But reading this thread, it does seem kind of hard to get the perks right in the middle. So, I guess, there is a reason to book another cruise after we get off the ship and get our "Diamond" status.

I suggest you go to the Loyalty Ambassador on the ship with a smile on your face. We changed into another "status" during 2nd leg of B to B and the LA took very good care of us. It never hurts to ask...

Imagine the chaos if people are changing status on various days during the cruise.....suddenly entitled to a plate of cookies... suddenly able to have 3 drinks.... they would never be able to keep on top of it. That is why the points are awarded after you complete the cruise

First day of the first cruise for my wife as a Diamond and we assumed I would be allowed into the Diamond Lounge. The Concierge very nicely pointed us in the direction of the LA who linked our accounts and issued me a new Sea Pass card with Diamond level printed on it.

Issue was that none of the Diamond perks could get correctly loaded onto my Sea Pass card (we tried to correct this a couple of times). The only thing that worked on the card was gaining entry to the Diamond Lounge. Fortunately the bartender near the theater on Brilliance was very understanding and did give me my free diamond drinks.

On my last cruise on the Anthem in December, I had reached Emerald level mid cruise. I asked the Loyalty Ambassador if I could at least get the Emerald Pin for my collection. She gave it to me....

I will hit Diamond level on the last day of my next cruise departing this Sunday. So I will try again to at least get the pin....I don't expect any other benefit until my next cruise, but would like to get the Diamond pin for my collection....while they still have such.

NCL did away with their loyalty pins, mainly due to lack of interest, so who knows if RCI may do the same some day?

Otherwise, I will be patient, and get my full Diamond benefits on the next booking...:)

On my last cruise on the Anthem in December, I had reached Emerald level mid cruise. I asked the Loyalty Ambassador if I could at least get the Emerald Pin for my collection. She gave it to me....

I will hit Diamond level on the last day of my next cruise departing this Sunday. So I will try again to at least get the pin....I don't expect any other benefit until my next cruise, but would like to get the Diamond pin for my collection....while they still have such.

NCL did away with their loyalty pins, mainly due to lack of interest, so who knows if RCI may do the same some day?

Otherwise, I will be patient, and get my full Diamond benefits on the next booking...:)

My pin was left in our room the next day after they linked my account to my wifes.

has anyone ever “graduated” to Diamond while on a 7 day cruise? Will we be entitled to any of the Diamond benefits while on the cruise?

TIA

the only status you can attain while on board is Pinnacle. Points are not awarded until after the cruise ends in all other cases.