unwanted upgrade

Reader0108598

Hello

Crown princess 1/16/19 booked inside R736. I chose that cabin because of the huge deck right out the door. Asked to mark no upgrade! What do I see this morning but an email telling me I have been upgraded to plaza deck with a window!

I am going to call when they open wondering what my chance of getting my cabin back is. Anyone care to share their experience with this ?

Thank you Reader

Usually if you notice the upgrade and call right away, there is a good chance you can get your old cabin back. Please keep us posted. It may take a few days.

Is your old cabin still available?

Usually if you notice the upgrade and call right away, there is a good chance you can get your old cabin back. Please keep us posted. It may take a few days.

Is your old cabin still available?

Hi coral

Yes I just called and she put in a request to get the old cabin back. She said since this just happened yesterday good chance of getting it back :)

Yes that wouldn't have happened if your booking had been marked as "no upgrade". I hope you get your original cabin back. If not, at least you will have a window. No deck down the hall like on Riviera but it's only two flights up to the Promenade from the cabin they upgraded you to. Plus the International Café would be right down the hall.

We had this happen to us on an upcoming Royal cruise. What they called an upgrade to us was not.

Called our TA and she got our original cabin back.

Do not want to have us put in no upgrade because we would lose the chance to get a good one.

We once were sailing on Carnival, and they decided to upgrade us. They apparently informed my Travel Agent who was told that it was a suite, and she made the mistake of wanting to suprise us and not tell us (last time we used her.)

When we got to the port we were informed of the switch and told that it was a "near suite." Basically it was listed as an upgrade, slightly larger, but in the back of the ship, under the pool deck.

Rather than take the switch, we refused. After about 30 minutes of arguing, Carnival gave us our original rooms back.

Even if your booking is marked "Do Not Upgrade", it does happen. I guess the "computer" can't read!

Catching it asap usually results in reinstatement .

"she said a good chance" - your TA?....i'm betting your cabin was never marked as a no upgrade...:evilsmile:

No TA and it was marked no upgrade, been on 29 cruises I know the game. :) Problem was that the rep marked it no upgrade unless higher catagory. I never said that ! Picked this cabin for the deck right out of the door.

Edited by Reader0108598

Yes that wouldn't have happened if your booking had been marked as "no upgrade". I hope you get your original cabin back. If not, at least you will have a window. No deck down the hall like on Riviera but it's only two flights up to the Promenade from the cabin they upgraded you to. Plus the International Café would be right down the hall.

Thank you!

Reader, good luck getting your inside cabin back. Must be a real nice deck access to give up an Oceanview cabin.

I would guess that there is a high probability that you can switch back. If someone else already has your inside cabin, perhaps they will take the upgrade instead.

Reader, good luck getting your inside cabin back. Must be a real nice deck access to give up an Oceanview cabin.

I would guess that there is a high probability that you can switch back. If someone else already has your inside cabin, perhaps they will take the upgrade instead.

Thank you! On crown princess you walk out your door up a small set of stairs and you have a large aft deck and pool. They can keep that window..lol An upgrade is not always an upgrade!

Edited by Reader0108598

No TA and it was marked no upgrade, been on 29 cruises I know the game. :) Problem was that the rep marked it no upgrade unless higher category. I never said that ! Picked this cabin for the deck right out of the door.

I ALWAYS state "no upgrade unless it's to the Owner's suite." they upgraded us once from the Caribe deck to the Aloha deck right under Lido buffet. We were livid! They don't ever want to upgrade us ever again. It's rarely ever an upgrade, always a downgrade. I'll pull an "S" fit if they ever try.

I ALWAYS state "no upgrade unless it's to the Owner's suite." they upgraded us once from the Caribe deck to the Aloha deck right under Lido buffet. We were livid! They don't ever want to upgrade us ever again. It's rarely ever an upgrade, always a downgrade. I'll pull an "S" fit if they ever try.

Agreed!

I’ve had Princess upgrade me from a cabin marked do not upgrade, traveling with other family members three cabins in a row, with all bookings cross referenced all marked do not upgrade. So I don’t think the computer really reads it either! We were upgraded from an inside to a nearby accessible balcony, so it worked out fine, but lesson learned, check your booking all the time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you! On crown princess you walk out your door up a small set of stairs and you have a large aft deck and pool. They can keep that window..lol An upgrade is not always an upgrade!

This is a great location! I would take it over an oceanview any day.

Plaza and Lido decks are also good for inside cabins.

I’ve had Princess upgrade me from a cabin marked do not upgrade, traveling with other family members three cabins in a row, with all bookings cross referenced all marked do not upgrade. So I don’t think the computer really reads it either! We were upgraded from an inside to a nearby accessible balcony, so it worked out fine, but lesson learned, check your booking all the time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Glad it worked out for you :)