Latest Upsell Offers

CineGraphic

Yes' date=' they will tell you what cabin number is available; sometimes you'll have a choice of there are several available. No, you are not getting it wrong. The basic issue is that a couple can go from an inside cabin to a balcony for under $400 because Princess didn't sell out the ship and that's $378 that they wouldn't have gotten otherwise. It doesn't cost Princess anything to do this upgrade; you'll still eat the same food and use the same services on the ship. The cruise date is close, they don't think they can sell any more balcony cabins. So, what 10 years ago would have been a free upgrade has turned into an upsell.[/quote']

Thank you so much. That's great information. I like learning new things as I find my way around in this big business! You've been very helpful.

Tai

Thank you so much. That's great information. I like learning new things as I find my way around in this big business! You've been very helpful.

Tai

You are welcome! You do have SOME wiggle room when you talk with Princess about any offer. For instance, I once had a B2B scheduled....I got a move down offer. My request was that we be in the same cabin for both legs.

Very interesting indeed. I think I would have stuck with my same cabin too, being so close to sailing date. Maybe you'll receive a free upgrade before you sail.

Have a great cruise!

I would have taken the suite for $700 :)

I have found this an interesting thread - Have cruised with princess 13 times and 2 more planned - Have booked via agents and Princess direct - On Princess mailing list but have never seen one of these offers - maybe because we always book Balcony or Mini Suite ?? Any comments ?

That doesn't have a lot to do with it. It's luck of the draw mostly. If you're booking more popular sailings, like during school breaks, then the ships are more likely to sell out on their own without having to offer upsells. I've been offered a lot over the past 2 years but I think it's been due to the sailings we've chosen.

Haven't gone with any of them for one reason or another. Mostly, the price was too high and I could've gotten the upsell cabin at the regular price on my own at the price they're offering the upsell for. A lot of people get excited and don't bother to check their numbers before biting.

So' date=' what 10 years ago would have been a free upgrade has turned into an upsell.[/quote']

Only because passengers jump at the chance (or as this thread shows, almost beg for the opportunity) to pay $$$ to Princess for what used to be free. If nobody accepted these offers, there would still be a number of free upgrades.

what is the email for upsell of princess cruise line, can i request it thru email or is it randomly given.

It's done by some arcane computer algorithm - or possibly by having monkeys throw darts. There's no address to "ask" for an upsell or upgrade.

The lower you book' date=' the more likely you are to be offered an upsell. It is just a matter of numbers--there are more cabins which may be unsold that you could upgrade/upsell into. On the other hand, it is not unusual for people in a balcony to be offered a mini or people in a regular mini to be offered a Cabin Class mini.[/quote']

Just about every time I have been offered an upsell, I've been in the highest Category for the mini-suites. This was before club class. For our last Regal sailing in December I had the highest mini category prior to club class and was offered first an upsell to a suite and then an upsell to a club class.

Just about every time I have been offered an upsell, I've been in the highest Category for the mini-suites. This was before club class. For our last Regal sailing in December I had the highest mini category prior to club class and was offered first an upsell to a suite and then an upsell to a club class.

I was in the lowest obstructed OV category when I was offered (and declined) an upsell.

I was offered an upsell from an IF cabin to a window mini-suite. We took the upsell. I didn't even realize there was such a thing as a window mini-suite. All the way forward on Coral and Island on Caribe deck and Baja deck. There are two on each side of the ship. They are just steps away from the forward viewing decks but there are no loungers on those viewing areas.

I was also offered, and accepted, an upsell from an IF to an OD on Coral. It's an aft-facing ocean view on Baja deck. Mere steps from the aft viewing deck with lots of loungers and mostly deserted.

A third upsell offer was to move from my aft-facing balcony - C752 - to a mini suite. I think it was some ridiculously cheap offer like $100 each but I turned it down as I had specifically chosen C752. Loved that cabin.

No. This is such a port intensive itinerary that we though we'd give an inside a shot for the first time. I may live to regret it but am keeping current cabin.

Didn't realize that and I think I would have done the same. That extra $1K will go a long way for those ports.

I'm on a sailing on June 2nd also but to Alaska. I received one upsell offer about 2 weeks ago but it was too rich for my blood. Maybe will get another one soon that is more in line with what the current prices are for a balcony. A balcony will be nice IF the weather is nice. Not so much if it is rainy and cold.

Enjoy your cruise! Your cruise is on my cruise bucket list and sure you'll have a great time!

We have an inside on the Royal and are sailing on May 25 British Isles, 12-day cruise. We were offered an upsell to a balcony for $699 two weeks ago and didn't take it. Yesterday we got another email upsell offer for $249 and jumped on it. Interestingly the couple we are traveling with did not get the second offer as this is their first Princess cruise and we are Elite, so it seems--at least in our case-- Princess does favor loyalty. When I explained to the agent on the phone that our traveling companions did not get the offer and we wanted cabins close to each other, she said she could give them the same offer since they received the original offering two weeks ago. We now have two balconies next to each other and I'm a happy cruiser and so are our friends. We just booked this cruise about 6 weeks ago and the balconies were $1000 more than the very, very cheap insides, so I feel like we saved some money.

We have an inside on the Royal and are sailing on May 25 British Isles, 12-day cruise. We were offered an upsell to a balcony for $699 two weeks ago and didn't take it. Yesterday we got another email upsell offer for $249 and jumped on it. Interestingly the couple we are traveling with did not get the second offer as this is their first Princess cruise and we are Elite, so it seems--at least in our case-- Princess does favor loyalty. When I explained to the agent on the phone that our traveling companions did not get the offer and we wanted cabins close to each other, she said she could give them the same offer since they received the original offering two weeks ago. We now have two balconies next to each other and I'm a happy cruiser and so are our friends. We just booked this cruise about 6 weeks ago and the balconies were $1000 more than the very, very cheap insides, so I feel like we saved some money.

That's awesome. Congrats. I am hoping they will come back with another offer, too. If not, we'll be fine. Will need the sleep!

Caribbean Princess 6/16 7 day Balcony $259 pp Mini. I took it since we got the original on a Sail and Play for $225 pp. All in all a mini for $484 pp.

Suekel, may I ask when you received your Sail and Play offer? We were getting them last year but the offers seems to have dried up since January. I was hoping to get a Caribbean Princess Sail and Play offer for June but I keep checking the inbox and nothing ... :(

Thanks, suekel. I am going to call my Princess rep to see why I am not getting Sail and Play offers any more. I don't expect to get them all the time, but it has been a while. Last year we must have gotten half a dozen offers, only one of which we were able to take advantage of.

Today

I was in the lowest obstructed OV category when I was offered (and declined) an upsell.

I think I've already mentioned it in this thread, but for our November '17 cruise, we got upgraded from inside to obstructed balcony for free, and my parents were offered an upsell from inside to obstructed balcony, but I called and got them upgraded for free as well. It was my parents first ever cruise.

Princess totally ruled for me!

Hi all!! We are on for two weeks on the Crown in Europe and we have an Obstructed Window cabin (OW). We are Elite and received a good upsell last cruise. This cruise looks VERY busy and not many room left for each week. Also, they are selling this as a one, two or three week cruise, so it will be interesting to see if Princess can get rooms to line-up for an upgrade/upsell. We hope the Upgrade Fairy comes along... We shall see... Still looking forward to our free laundry and mini-bars... LOL:D :D Happy Sailing!!!

Island, 5/30, 7 day, Balcony (BE), $79, Mini Suite (MD)

Sailing on the Island May 30 - Northbound Vancouver to Whittier. Had E736, a BE balcony - last balcony in the row, had a great aft view also. Received an offer on Friday, May 18, for a mini suite for $79pp and grabbed it. So now we are located on Caribe towards the back of the ship.

Edited by Mibele
adding information

Island, 5/30, 7 day, Balcony (BE), $79, Mini Suite (MD)

Sailing on the Island May 30 - Northbound Vancouver to Whittier. Had E736, a BE balcony - last balcony in the row, had a great aft view also. Received an offer on Friday, May 18, for a mini suite for $79pp and grabbed it. So now we are located on Caribe towards the back of the ship.

On my Alaska cruise on Star leaving on 5/26 they offered an upsell last month of $249 pp for an oceanview to balcony. They STILL have balconies available and have not budged on the $249 pp. We leave in three days.