Getting to Horseshoe Bay Beach

2aprilbabies

I have been reading about the different options for getting to the beach from the dockyard. I know the public transportation is probably the cheapest option, however, due to an injury to my achilles, walking can be problematic. Is there a long walk to the beach from the bus stop? If so, do you know if taxis are able to drop off closer to the beach to minimize the amount of walking?

Public buses drop you at the closest bus stop to the beach access road, but still leave a downhill walk of about .3 mile to the beach. The fare is a $4.50 token each way. There are taxis and mini-buses that give door to door service. Fares would be about $35 for up to 4 passengers for the taxi or $7 p/p for the mini-bus.

SBtS

Public buses drop you at the closest bus stop to the beach access road, but still leave a downhill walk of about .3 mile to the beach. The fare is a $4.50 token each way. There are taxis and mini-buses that give door to door service. Fares would be about $35 for up to 4 passengers for the taxi or $7 p/p for the mini-bus.

SBtS

Thanks for this information.

The mini bus worked out really well for us. Hardly any wait coming back from the beach,it fills up really quickly. And the driver was very imformative telling us about the island and the sights we were driving by.

Laura

The mini bus worked out really well for us. Hardly any wait coming back from the beach,it fills up really quickly. And the driver was very imformative telling us about the island and the sights we were driving by.

Laura

Do you need to reserve a spot in advance?

I don't think this is the minibus previous posters mentioned, but......the road down to the beach from the bus stop is a pretty steep hill but from the bus stop there is a little jitney that will take you down that hill and back up when you're ready to leave. We did not use it whilst we were there last month, but I think it's $1 pp to go down and $2 to go up. From where they pick-up/drop off it's a pretty short, level walk to the bus stop to bring you back to the dockyard.

Do you need to reserve a spot in advance?

You don't reserve. You just get on a mini-bus, and when it fills, it goes. There are multiple mini-buses available, They all park in Zone 5 of the Transportation Zone:

Zones.jpg

To make the photo larger for easier viewing, sometimes clicking on the post number (located at upper right) will make the photo larger, or put the cursor over the image, right click, and select Copy Image from the drop down menu and then paste it into your photo editing software.

SBtS

I don't think this is the minibus previous posters mentioned, but......the road down to the beach from the bus stop is a pretty steep hill but from the bus stop there is a little jitney that will take you down that hill and back up when you're ready to leave. We did not use it whilst we were there last month, but I think it's $1 pp to go down and $2 to go up. From where they pick-up/drop off it's a pretty short, level walk to the bus stop to bring you back to the dockyard.

You actually saw him offering the rides last month? I ask because last summer he had stopped, he was using his van for the $7 shuttles, then he started the to the top rides again later last season. On another forum it was reported he was not operating the rides when they were there earlier this season.

Since you can take a $7 shuttle if you are at the Dockyard that goes up and down the hill it seems like there is not much logic in taking a bus for $4.50 and and then $2 to go up the hill.

You actually saw him offering the rides last month? I ask because last summer he had stopped, he was using his van for the $7 shuttles, then he started the to the top rides again later last season. On another forum it was reported he was not operating the rides when they were there earlier this season.

Since you can take a $7 shuttle if you are at the Dockyard that goes up and down the hill it seems like there is not much logic in taking a bus for $4.50 and and then $2 to go up the hill.

Yes, it seems to be more logical to just get on the minibus from the start. I know with the bus, you need coins to purchase the fare; is that the same with the minibus?

Yes, it seems to be more logical to just get on the minibus from the start. I know with the bus, you need coins to purchase the fare; is that the same with the minibus?

You don't need coins for the minibus. The are privately owned and take paper currency. USD. Some can take credit cards. The public pink buses want coins or tokens because they have a fare box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You don't need coins for the minibus. The are privately owned and take paper currency. USD. Some can take credit cards. The public pink buses want coins or tokens because they have a fare box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Are there cabs that will fit 5? We want to be dropped at Warwick Long Bay so not sure the mini bus will work?

Yes, there are two size cabs, those that take up to four and those that can take up to seven. There are plenty of the larger taxis. As far as the minibus and Warwick some have reported that some drivers would drop them off at Warwick so you could ask.

• 1 month later...
We took the shuttle for $8 per person. Easy peasie!!!

NCL Dawn arrives in Bermuda around 1pm Sunday. I am thinking of using the $8 shuttle that day. Wondering what time is the last shuttle that returns to the dock yard. Is there a schedule somewhere for the shuttle? Thanks so much.

NCL Dawn arrives in Bermuda around 1pm Sunday. I am thinking of using the $8 shuttle that day. Wondering what time is the last shuttle that returns to the dock yard. Is there a schedule somewhere for the shuttle? Thanks so much.

The last mini-bus/shuttle is at 6ish, and they don't run on a fixed schedule. They depart when they fill, minimum of 7 passengers.

Forget about the public bus because the last trip to the Dockyard is at 4:30pm.

SBtS